Register now to get rid of these ads!

Be careful dealing with moon man

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jscoma47, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jscoma47

jscoma47

This guy is not to be trusted!!! Paid him for something he had for sale in the classifieds and never received it! Just a bunch of stories about how it got returned then it never made it... the last one was he was gonna buy me a new item and ship it right away!! Oh well!!!
    Thanks again pal!!!
    moon man..... deadbeat!!

2. js,

This is best handled by "the man"!

Send Ryan a PM.

Ryan
    Administrator

Hey folks, due to the increased numbers in the classified section we can no longer police bad deals for everyone. From this point forward, we will only help police deals in which both buyer and seller are Alliance members.

3. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

so does that mean when someone screws us we can at least call him out on the message board , to let others know of a scammer or is it hush hush because we arn't alliance members?

4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

5. I believe that it simply means that Ryan (in his function of moderator/board owner) is no longer able to get involved himself, except for cases in which the two parties involved are both Alliance members. He used to try to help work things out, before the board got so large.

So far as calling out deadbeats, sometimes it works...usually the threads just deteriorate into drama and Internet bad-assery.

6. 343w

343w

Anyone who rips-off a fellow Hamber deserves to be roasted on here, this should be a brotherhood of fellow rodders and builders. We have to police this site or it will turn into just another place for the thieves to congregate!

7. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

The world is full of people that do not agree with our standards of fair play. Conduct yourself like everyone is one of these people.Just because I am on this or any other web site does not mean I'm a good guy.It's easier to shaft someone when you don't have to meet them face to face.Its a shame it has to be this way,but it could have been a lot more money. Learn from it.

8. butch27

butch27

I myself just couldn't do this to a fellow rodder.

9. Since you're both Aliance Members take it up with Ryan, he's pretty good about this

10. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

A hundy-thou is too many.

11. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Bingo! I've had nothing but good dealings on the HAMB, but we need to police our own also. It's a question of honor. If your word isn't good, what do you have anymore. Nothing. Lippy

12. exactly, to bad it doesn't ring true. No one cares about there reputation anymore.

13. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

Moonman's bio says he belongs to the Vacaros Car club....
    Any members of his club you can contact?

14. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

where is our buddy moonman located?

15. Is this as I understand it? Both have to be Alliance members? So if I'm a deadbeat intent on screwing people out of money, I should not become an Alliance member, that way Ryan won't come looking for me? I'm not sure if that is the intent, but that's how I read it. Seems it should be if the 'screwed' is an Alliance member and the 'screwer' is not, help should be available to the 'screwed.' Maybe I'm understanding this wrong.

16. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

When I was growing up my dad told me when making a deal that, "your word is the contract, and the handshake is your signature". Boy, that sure doesn't ring true much anymore...and that kinda pisses me off.

17. There are two Moonman's, one with a number behind it that hasn't posted this year and one with posts as recent as 3/6/10. I assume this is him since his name is just Moonman. He's from TX and only has 14 posts. Just more confirmation for me to be wary of dudes selling shit here that have low post counts.

18. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Ryan, jump in here and unscrew this deal. :D Lippy

19. 562roadster

562roadster

Wasn't there someone else who started a thread, for this same reason, same guy? It was posted a few months ago, but I can't find it.

20. mprice

mprice
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Washington

Mistakes happen. I challenge the Moonman to clean this up NOW! or Ryan get him evicted. This is a place of trust and good information deadbeats should leave.

21. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Seems kind of out of place to handle gripes originating on the Classified forum on the general discussion forum.

It seems to me that it could be at the top of the page of the sub-forum;
    HAMB CLASSIFIEDS, List your gripes against seller/buyer HERE.

Similar to what's at the top of
    HAMB GENERAL DISCUSSION forum;
    which says New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!

22. RichG

RichG

Be careful, before you get the lynch mob rounded up, make sure you know both sides of the story, if there is two sides to this one. How many of these threads have ended up with the original poster looking pretty poorly? More than one that I remember.

Best to let Ryan take care of it in my opinion.

23. roundvalley

roundvalley

Lets make sure about the correct person. MOON MAN or MOONMAN. One of these has a bad past record here and Ford Barn.

24. big creep

big creep

i hope he does send you the item, nothing worse than a thief!!!!!!!

25. care to share the details of the deal? bummer on purchases gone wrong.

26. Excellent point. My info. was about Moonman (one word) apologies to him if I got the wrong guy.

27. DirtyWoody28

DirtyWoody28

ifits the "moon man" in ohio, he's a pretty nice guy I don;t see him doing something shaddy. I know him personally, but don't have his number

28. billygoat67

billygoat67

we all have to answer to the main man someday, it may not but you in hell but you might have to answer ?'s at the door.
    your honesty is the onlything you can't buy but you can lose it and never get it back.
    just my 2 cents

29. im currently having a simular issue with another member, im waiting and hope it works out

i pmed ryan today about it and soo far nothing from the seller
    (i know ryan sent him a pm abouit itcause he sent me a copy also)

im not an alliance member YET and i dont know if the seller is or not

if i dont hear something from him or recieve my parts soon then ill make a post calling him out
    so others will be aware of his shady crap

and im fully aware that sometimes things comeup that is out of anyones control thats why for now im giving him the benefit of doubt

please send me my parts you know who you are

30. strawberry

strawberry

hire me I'll kick his ass..... I'll bring my gator...lol..just kidding. hey moonman fix it now !!! get right with god and the world,stop screwing folks over ...by the way do you have a 4 barrel carb for sale? thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.