Register now to get rid of these ads!

BBC headers for 48 chevy/s10

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by angus74, Feb 19, 2013.

1. angus74

angus74
    from misery

New to the board.. very cool place.. I have a question.. Have a 48 Chevy pickup sitting on an s10 frame with a big block gm. Very limited on room for exhaust, and trying to find out what kind of headers others have used with this combination... as Im sure Im not the first to do it.. The best I can tell, is a set of 55-57 chevy fenderwell headers might work good, but havent got my hands on a set yet to test fit, and hopeing to find the answer before buying a new set.. Any advice is much appreciated.. Thanks

2. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Angus74, there have been a bunch of posts on here concerning putting the AD trucks on s-10 frames. You might try a search(see the header bar at the top of the page). But I don't recall seeing any info on bigblocks. Your best bet might be a set of tight tuck headers. I built a 48 with a front-steer Nova subframe and was able to use the stock manifolds. I know yours is a much tighter fit. Welcome. Sam

3. angus74

angus74
    from misery

Hey, Thanks for the reply,, I will try to search it.. I see your from Rolla.. Im from Salem.. Small world

4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Yup. Mostly negative. S-10 frame threads tend to lead to drama and then, popcorn.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd try a set of headers for a first generation Camaro with a big block. You won't have the Camaro steering box to contend with but should have as much room as The subframes off those gave.

6. angus74

angus74
    from misery

Yea, Im seeing some of the negativity on the s10 frame swaps..lol I guess its all in what you want.. for my situation, it was well worth it... Much easier to swap it in than use the existing frame and suspension.. at least to get my desired results..

I looked at the camaro headers at a swap meet this past weekend,, and they look like they may work, but I really dont think they will fit between the block and frame..

7. angus74

angus74
    from misery

Thanks a ton hotroddon!

8. tudorkeith

tudorkeith

I know on a sbc in an s10, the drivers side runner loops around your steering shaft and the engine is usually offset slightly to the passenger side. might check some dragracing forums to see what they do for big blocks in that chassis. or make your own may be the best option. good luck