Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Bay Area Blasting Recommendation?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4woody, May 8, 2018.

1. 4woody

4woody

I need to find someplace in the SF Bay area that can media blast relatively large things. I'm working on an old stepside pickup bed. It is apart, so the biggest pieces are maybe 6 1/2' x 30" so it's not like doing a whole car, but the only person in town here is more set up for bike frames and such.

Any recommendations? Extra points if they can spray epoxy primer on it right after blasting.

TIA

2. NRI Powdercoating in South San Francisco on South Airport Blvd. Ask if they use a coat that can be painted over, I don't think they do paint.

3. $um Fun

$um Fun
    from Nor Cal

When I did my '32 I asked around and Brizio recommended Myers Sand Blasting in Oakland. Roy said "They know how to do it properly without warping the metal" Interestingly another shop that only works on high end early Italian cars said the same thing. They are located on 860 Moorpark St, Oakland, CA 94603 510-638-0444.

4. Try Precision Soda Blasting in Morgan Hill. Last I was there was $80 an hour. NOT a recommendation, just a source...... PM for additional info....