Register now to get rid of these ads!

Battle Born Show Down Car show pre 1965

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 65catalina, Jan 8, 2010.

1. 65catalina

65catalina
    from Reno NV

The Mugrosos and The Dead End Cruisers would like to invite you our 2nd Annual Battle Born Showdown in Virginia City, Nevada this Memorial Day Weekend. At the Silverland Inn and Suite (aka Ramanda Inn, same place different name). It is show for pre 1965 traditional hotrods, customs, motorcycles.

The show will start with a kick-off party on Friday night we are still working out the details. The actual show will start Saturday morning.

There will be more bands playing throughout the day as well as a pin-up contest and raffle with cool prizes. Don't forget the kick ass Saturday night after party.

The entry fees are $20 for cars and $10 for bikes. The show is free for spectators.

For more info, check out the Myspace page www.myspace.com/battlebornshowdown

If you are interested in being a vendor or sponsoring the show please give Itza a call at 775-287-8266 or email her at [email protected]

For those who have never heard of Virginia City, it is a mining town from the 1800's that was the richest silver strike ever but now it's sort of a ghost town. For those who like to cruise, VC has a long main drag with street parking on both sides. Each side of the main drag has wide, covered board walks lined buildings from the 1800's that have been converted to bars, souvenir shops, bars, candy stores, bars, museums and bars. If none of that sounds appealing, Reno is about 30 minutes away with all the gambling, 24-hour liquor sales and legal prostitution you can stand.
    <!-- / message -->

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  2. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

a few of us came and checked out the show last year, and man did we have a good time! we'll for sure make it again this year! -max

3. monsterflake

monsterflake

you had me at 'legal prostitution'!

4. But can you remember it?

5. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

only the parts i want to remember. dont worry....your secret is still safe;)

6. brewsir

brewsir

I want to take the ghost walk through the cemetary...If I can stay not too drunk this year...oh yea...they have extended golf carts to take people to and from the bars so you don't even have to move your car if ya don't want! Great times!
    [​IMG]

7. Is that possible? Maybe I'll have to go this year so there won't be as much for you to drink! Just looking out for ya buddy

8. We went last year and had a blast! We'll be back in 2010. Email the flyer to [email protected] when you have it. If you guys come down for Booze Broads and Hotrods near San Francisco in April, bring flyers! www.boozebroadsandhotrods.net for info

9. 65catalina

65catalina
    from Reno NV

once we get the flyer it will be posted for sure.

10. Bttt, any hotel discount codes available?

11. Camm

Camm

I'm going.

12. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Poor Boys will be there!

13. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

That place looks cool! Wish i wasnt so far! Oh well

14. Hell yes!

15. BTW, I called the hotel last night to book my room and no one answered the phone. Left voicemail then emailed the hotel. They have a website but you can not book online.

16. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

That Hotel is pretty close to the Cemetery. Maybe they were out prepping the spooks for brewsir!

17. Ewww..... hahahahahaa

18. 65catalina

65catalina
    from Reno NV

sorry for the late response, there is a block of room reserved for the show, no group code was given....just mention the battleborn showdown car show and they can help you. if anyone is having issues with reserving a room send me a message and i will take care of that issue. once again thanks and we can't wait for everyone to enjoy a great show this year...

thx
    mugrosos car club

19. 65catalina

65catalina
    from Reno NV

Thanks to everyone that showed up! We had a pretty good turnout considering the weather. Theres talk of changing the date next year for multiple reasons. The first one is obviously for better weather and since theres a parade that Saturday every year we can't have cars on main street....so hopefully we can change that too.

The Opera house was awesome, but I think we'll pass on Hancock next time!!

You can keep an eye out here for info on next year. battleborn showdown on facebook.