Register now to get rid of these ads!

Battery cables made from welding cables?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, Apr 4, 2009.

1. dentisaurus

dentisaurus
    from Boston

Das Boot?
    Bet there'd be some useful cables in that.

2. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Translated to English it still comes out to trunk as the American version or boot as the British version.
    So either way your battery is booted to the trunk :D:D

3. adam401

adam401

The cable in my 34 Ford is from an e36 BMW (92-99). Real heavy guage and goes from the starter to the trunk and has the proper ends already on there. FYI If you decide to go to the bone yard to get one, it ends at the passenger side interior and bolts to a junction there.

4. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Let's face it voltage isn't the issue here , it's amps (flow) . Welding cable is small soft strand copper wire to be flexible and has a durable coating that is designed to carry mega amps long distances . What can be the real issue here ? Terminals (lugs) must be same quality or your wasting your time and money installing what ever cable you choose . Clean good connections are a must or an extension cord for the space shuttle isn't going light the wick .

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. Me too; please, tell us some more about that little red battery. Looking for something like that for a friends '33 Tudor.
    thanks

'52 F-3 likes this.
  6. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Looks like an Odyssey PC680. There are lots of small battery threads on here where these batteries have been discussed.

7. It is the Odyssey 680. Has been in car since building over four years. Trouble free and the size of a small radio. It can be mounted in any position except upside down. I have used this in other builds as well.
    Here is the site: http://www.odysseybattery.com/ 32 TIRES BATTERY 020.JPG

'52 F-3 likes this.
  8. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Has been a great reliable & tested for many years!

9. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I don't recall what years (or models), but BMW also had a neat battery disconnect switch with a built in pigtail and a removeable key/lever.
    They were supposed to be removed at the dealership and returned to the factory but that did not always happen. A friend knew a BMW mechanic and got quite a few of them for his project cars.

[​IMG]