Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bastop wildfires

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dick's Classic Garage, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Dick's Classic Garage

Dick's Classic Garage

We are accepting donations of clothes and good for those affected by the wildfires in Bastop County. You can drop off items at Dick's Classic Garage from now to 6 PM and tomorrow from 8 to 11 AM. 512-878-2406 for more information. Thank you.

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3. Dick's Classic Garage

Dick's Classic Garage

4. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Anyone know if "Outlaw" Tyler and family are alright?

5. Dick's Classic Garage

Dick's Classic Garage

6. Wesley

Wesley

I am in Cedar Creek, the fires are about 10 miles from me. I can see the smoke plumes from my front porch. As long at the wind does not change direction I should be ok. I already have the race car snd motorcycles at a safe place along with all of my important papers, photographs and back up computer drives. I am packed and ready to bug out at a moments notice.

7. Dick's Classic Garage

Dick's Classic Garage

Good luck and be safe. I've had a few friends lose their houses.

8. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

I heard from Tyler, they live far enough in town that they feel safe. He says it's burning all around town tho...

9. Dick's Classic Garage

Dick's Classic Garage

btt and maybe a sticky? We are giving 2 free passes to the museum to anyone who donates to the victims

10. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

This from a link posted by LarryT

11. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

12. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Were praying for those familes..

13. Dick's Classic Garage

Dick's Classic Garage

We will be open again tomorrow at 8 AM for anyone to drop off items to help these families. Thank you

14. peddlr

peddlr

To everyone concerned, We in Bastrop are doing the best we can with what is going on. IT IS BAD. There are probably2-3,000 people that are displaced right now. Most dont even know if we have a home to go to. Thanks for all the support.My wife and I are at one of the shelters as we speak. Trying to do what we can to help. If anyony needs emergency info you can call 512-321-8814 or 512-332-8856 .BUT, PLEASE if you call be as patient with us as you can. It is a mad house around here .

15. Choptop

Choptop

Talked to Marcy last night, she said all she can see to the east of her (she's in Giddings) is a huge wall of smoke. For those that went on the first Billetproof TX post show drive, the area we went through (The Lost Pines at Bastrop State Park) is all burned up. Last I heard they were trying to save the CCC cabins (30's era) on top of the mountain, but it didnt look good.

16. being close to the wallow fire here in az i know how that goes.. we wern't 10 miles though.. thats friggen close....

17. OutLaw

OutLaw

18. OutLaw

OutLaw

on Hwy 21 looking at side of Bastrop state park
    [​IMG]

This bird was working his ass off, He was dumping 2 buckets of water about every 10 min all about 5 mile from the house.
    [​IMG]

19. Dick's Classic Garage

Dick's Classic Garage

Thank you to everyone who donated. We had such a good response that we will be accepting donations today and tomorrow until 6 PM.

20. fergusonic

fergusonic
    from Kokomo, In

I live in town of Bastrop. Today my boss and I delivered a pickup bed truck full of bottled water to the evacuees. Yesterday and Sunday the winds were so strong that they cleared the air of smoke in the town of Bastrop ,,,,but today Bastrop is very smoky....I may have to leave for Austin after work because of it.....and yes, I'll be taking my '56. Saw several hotrods and Classics on trailer here and there and glad to see they were saved. They are saying 500 homes have been lost. 2 of them were homes of people I work with.....they said they had about 5 minutes to leave.

21. billylo

billylo

Man this is terrible news. I am so sorry for the ones that have lost their homes, and I am praying for God to be with all the firefighters.

The Deuce Reunion is scheduled to be there in two weeks. I wonder if this will affect it?

22. Just got off of the phone with Bob (wbrw32) and he says he is gonna wait it out with a garden hose in-hand....He is in NE TX. I can't believe you are stayin' Bob! You old rascal!!! Good luck to you and all of those involved or displaced by the fires.
    God Speed....

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  23. fergusonic

fergusonic
    from Kokomo, In

Updating.....they say the Bastrop fire is 30% contained. It's path = 25 miles long and nearly 20 miles wide,approx 600 homes lost, 2 killed, + there is another fire about 7 miles from the other side of Bastrop and it is maybe 15% contained. Now the wind direction is changing and is going to blow smoke over the town and into Austin....don't know if I'll be able to stand that or not......emailed a cusomer of ours in New Braunfels, Tx who works for Team Simpson (helmets, race gear) and he said there is no smoke there; so I may drive down the for the night.

24. My guess would be "duh!"

Contact the event organizers and I'm sure they can tell you. With all the destruction present, don't be surprised at the answer.

25. 76cam

76cam

The Mavericks Car Club will be taking donations and goods at our cruise night on Saturday the 10th from 5pm to 9pm if you cant make it to Dick's Classic Garage.The cruise inn is at Oriley's Auto Parts in Lockhart. Thanks Darin

26. dirtydixon

dirtydixon

Damn.
    Best wishes to all involved. I hope for a quick resolution.

27. Deuces

Deuces

28. Dick's Classic Garage

Dick's Classic Garage

We are still accepting donations until 6 PM today. Thank you to everyone who has dropped off items. We have had a great response.

29. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

30. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Years ago, I saw a small grass fire move like that. People hear about it moving at 15MPH and think it's an exaggeration. It's not! I hope everyone heeds the warnings and gets out. Staying to save a car is not too smart. A couple people have already been killed.