Register now to get rid of these ads!

Barry Weiss's DeRosa Built Cadillac has Changed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DEROSAGIRL, Jan 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

2. Any car Frank derosa builds is top notch and he builds it to his vison and feeling. He gives each car his soul as tho it were his last.Hoping that it will live on long after he is gone.If some one changes it to there vison love it or hate it its theirs to do what they want with it.Frank builds his cars the way he likes his woman flashy and sleek.

3. I can say that driving by the De Rosa shop is the biggest thing I miss since I moved from Concord .My buddy lives in the pitt right around the corner and seeing those cars come alive was always a good day

4. I don't care what anyone says that car is BADASS and I have been a fan of that car since I saw it Kar Kulture Deluxe. I need more photos and more details. Thanks for posting pics of it.

5. hollenbeck32

hollenbeck32

Hi
    I don't know how many of you saw the car at the Pomona show, but I think he wins for best display

Attached Files:

6. Well, I USED to be sort of shy about expressing my opinion, but then I saw this commercial from the El Patron Pharmacutical Co.

>Subject: Feeling inadequate, shy ...?

Do you have feelings of inadequacy?
    Do you suffer from shyness?
    Do you sometimes wish you were more assertive?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist about Tequila®.

Tequila® is the safe, natural way to feel better and more confident about yourself and your actions.

Tequila® can help ease you out of your shyness and let you tell the world that you're ready and willing to do just about anything.

You will notice the benefits of Tequila® almost immediately, and with a regimen of regular doses you can overcome any obstacles that prevent you from living the life you want to live.

Shyness and awkwardness will be a thing of the past, and you will discover many talents you never knew you had.

Stop hiding and start living, with Tequila®.

Tequila® may not be right for everyone.* Women who are pregnant or nursing should not use Tequila®.* However, women who wouldn't mind nursing or becoming pregnant are encouraged to try it.* Side effects may include dizziness, nausea, vomiting, incarceration, erotic lustfulness, loss of motor control, loss of clothing, loss of money, loss of virginity, delusions of grandeur, table dancing, headache, dehydration, dry mouth, and a desire to sing Karaoke and play all-night rounds of Strip Poker, Truth Or Dare, and Naked Twister.

Tequila®.* Leave Shyness Behind.(tm)

I tried it and I can say that it works as advertised.

chili phil

7. oldskool55

oldskool55
    from socal

so are there any "before" pictures?

8. Stone

Stone

lmao tequila

9. DEROSAGIRL

DEROSAGIRL

I think this is hillarious! Seriously, he has NEVER trailered any of his customs to any shows. Rain or shine he drove each and everyone of them to and from the shows. Set up day was a tradition in the DeRosa family. I can name a few of the "customizers of today" who were nothing then, that tagged along and car-pooled along for a chance to get into the show with him. (In the 70's the Merc 4 and the Sharkmobile had no windows to roll up! So when it rained in the month of January when it was SF Cow Palace or Sac Autorama it was a ride to remember) In his loud, gruff voice he once was interviewed on the evening news as to why he'd go though so much trouble and drive a car like that in the rain to a show and he replied:
    "Having a car that you can't drive is like having a woman that you can't be with.."

10. Mojo

Mojo

opinions? I love tribal flames. Just because some kid paints some lime green ones on his toyota doesn't mean they themselves are tacky. The basic pattern of sharp points and pullbacks is common on pacific island tattoos from at least a few hundred years ago. And I think it looks better now. The strips themselves were killer, but from any distance, it looked like red stains on the fenders, more than anything else. My opinion.

11. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Ok My comment was made to explain that Barry ''Didn't just come from nowhere''

As explained here so many times ''It is an individuals right to express himself and likes'' .....It belongs to him. And I can tell you in is in much better condition since Barry spent a bunch of money on it. So let the next owner paint it however he wants. For now that's the way it is....

I don't know many people that can laugh as well as Barry. :D

12. hatch

hatch
    from house

Nice layout....subtle colors....nice contrast to the radical bodywork.....works for me.

13. brainfrz

brainfrz

Here is a pic of the before from R&C coverage of Mooneye's X-mas '05.

0601rc_moonxmas_web_17_z.jpg

Tribal, not my thing...paint scheme with the gloss over the suede...nice touch. The strip job from before is nice but a bit busy.

b-frz

Attached Files:

15. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I've been beaten up for being a Frank DeRosa fan and I have a tribal tattoo.

I live in a world removed from reality.

I like DeRosa's stuff, he's out there.

16. Stone

Stone

I like it and would like to see more pics and more info on it.

17. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

To each his own is usually my thought, but flashy tribal flames on this Caddy? Lordy please forgive this soul and save this Cadillac, and please lordy keep away the evil glowing, flashing blue lights mounted beneath and billet wheels. Amen. Now back to being open minded.... to each his own.

-scott noteboom

18. jeffrob

jeffrob

Everyone should remember that a FORUM is no place to express an opinion.

Everyone PM me so we can make up our collected thought and all post at once....... (insert cute smilie whatever here)

19. glassguy

glassguy

i love that car!! i would like to see it shiney, with some chrome around the windshield.. i remember seeing construction photos doing the grille headlites in a magazine years ago.. frank rules

20. whats up nads? me too

21. b-bob

b-bob

What has Barry been doing all his life? Does he have a history of having custom cars, and he must of had a good job to afford these cars. Just curious, i like his humor on the tv show.

22. metalshapes

metalshapes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.