Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Barrett-Jackson Live TV starts 01/19/10.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jack Thomas, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Jesus, good price for WHO:confused:? Not the buyer. It's only a hydraulic lifted 396. BUT, I AGREE, if I see another red one, I'll puke.

2. I think they must be making the red chevelles with the black stripes down in Mexico :D

3. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

I've known Steve for years and, while he's not a hot rod guy, when it comes to muscle cars and especially A/FX cars..there's nobody more knowledgeable. Nobody.
    The guy is just amazing when it comes to knowing the slightest details.

4. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think all of those Camaros were from a private collection. I'm going to stay happy and upbeat about the auction. Why not. We all love all kinds of cars, and since it's a car TV show that's on during the week it's something to enjoy. We aren't required to agree 100% on the pricing, people, commentators, you know the rest. Besides, I have a project going on in my basement (bunch of woodgraining again) and I like that "auction drone" in the background. Since it's the topic and we're most likely going to post/reply more than once, add in if you've ever been and what you liked about it or your favorite car. I was at Meadowbrook's RM sale in 08 and I had to stop myself from buying a 1940 Dodge Luxury Liner Buis. Cpe. It went for $7700 with the 10% and it was probably a 90 point condition ALL ORIGINAL car. I loved it. I thought it went for 1/2 of it's real value. I was already committed to the 41 Packard 160 cpe or it was mine. Tooo Koooll......

5. Five 69 Z-28's, all right around $50K each, consistantly. Would've been closer to $100K a couple yrs ago. It's good to see that in the rich and aimless arena, the prices have settled quite a bit. The "ripple" effect does affect us. BUT, it's not the weekend yet.........................

6. My favorites last night were the Merc police car, the school bus, 58 Brookwood with 348, AA mailtruck and the 49 Lincoln rag top at the end. You won't see anything like those for a long time.

7. Al, did you see any HAMB friendly "cougars?";)

8. Maybe so, but I bet that you pay as little as you can when you buy, and get as much as you can when you sell.
    Whether you recognize it or not, that is an investment.
    There is nothing wrong with enjoying a car, and making a buck when you sell.

9. the-rodster

the-rodster

WTF !

$100K for a Crosley !!

I've seen it all.

Rich

10. Ron Pratt, bought the Crosley. He was just warming up.

11. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

I've seen it all after seeing 56 Ford pick up roll across with the leaded glass tail gate..WTF

12. What is a shame is there are people at BJ, and other auctions for that matter, that have saved their money and are out to buy their favorite car or a car they had in school or to replace a car they had to sell when they started a family or went to war.
    Then some tool in gold chains or some jerk that wants to put it in a museum takes it away from them.

13. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Maybe the guy with the gold chains has been saving up all his life to buy a certain car.
    And maybe he busted his ass 7 days a week to get to the point where he could outbid everyone else?
    Thats kind of why we all work as hard as we do, I think.

This isn't "Queen for a Day" where the best sob story gets the new oven...

14. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Wouldn't those folks just shit, if a gagle of hard core H.A.M.B'ers showed up down there about now, in some of their rides. Drove them in, in the rain that they're having there. And a couple of these HAMB'er guys that think it's cool to drive their roadsters in the rain and snow!!!!!!

On a serious note, they're predicting Lake Pleasant about 25 miles north west of the pavilions to rise about 13 feet. Black Canyon (I-17 to the north is already closed down for north and south traffic. There's some bad rains going on there, and heavy snow to the north, up by Flag.

HellRaiser

15. John356

John356

I thought the 57 Merc cop car was a good buy at 14k,I've got a 368 M335 in the garage that would be be a perfect replacement for the small block Ford that was in it.

16. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Hey, guys and gals, I have a question. I've been watching this for several years. They keep referring to the site as WestWorld...what is it? A fairgrounds location, an horse facility? That tent is massive. Do they put that up every year just for this event?
    Any Arizonians out there?

17. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

West world is mostly a horse arena. It's located North on Scottsdale road, about 1 1'2 mile north of the Scottsdale airport. Sort of on the North East corner of Scottsdale road and Bell Road West world used to be on BellRaosd, till the houses took over. They have some knock out Arabian Horse shows there. Beutiful horses, the cost of which would make these cars look like small potatoes. Really cools to see when the gals ride out on theim in their Arabian outfits.

18. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

thanks for the info:)

19. the-rodster

the-rodster

Or maybe daddy swindled all his life, sold his company right before going to jail, and gave you $30M to go buy some pretty cars.

Just saying.

Rich

20. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Let me try this without typing so fast...

It's actually located north on Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd. A person could go east on Bell Road and run into it, just before the road curves to the south. That so called tent, is a perm fixture. I'm only taking a guess here, but I'm guessing around 100 to 120 acres.

I looked up my buddy's car. 64 Chevy Impala #665. went for $39,600 this afternoon, so I guess I'll let him buy me a beer when he gets back.

HellRaiser

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  21. Glen

Glen

It stays up year round. Goodguys uses it for their event and there are other big events held in the tent thru the year. The tent does get bigger for Barrett....

The facility is huge with RV parking, It is preserved in a desert appearance so there are tumbleweeds etc close by. Its a high buck area.

22. Glen

Glen

SCOTTSDALE - Two tents at the Russo and Steele Car Auction in Scottsdale have collapsed because of our storms.

According to Scottsdale Police Spokesperson Mark Clark, at least one injury has now been reported at the scene near the Loop 101 and Scottsdale Road.

That person is being treated at the scene for minor injuries.

Debris from the tents has also spread onto Scottsdale Road and the Loop 101.

Both directions of the Loop 101 are reportedly being shut down to clean up debris right now.

The closure is happening between Hayden and Scottsdale roads.

People who were using the tents as shelter have been moved to another location.

The nearby Barrett-Jackson Auto Show continues to operate out of its big tent.

ABC15.com has a crew on the way to the scene...

23. Not saying that all people don't work hard for their money.
    Google some of the better know bidders and you'll see it was handed to them.
    These charity cars that go for big bucks, does that come from the heart or go to the tax man?

24. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

You're at home I take it now Glen, What's going on up around the DVT area? I was also reading about Sky Harbor is either running slow or has shut down????

Tried calling my step daughter, down around the Thomas and Scottsdale rd, no answer....

HellRaiser

25. I could learn to love a father-in-law like that. :eek:

JH

26. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

WOW .. I was there around 2pm then went to RM .. the issues at RS is open tents on both ends. I am glad that I at my hotel room now

27. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

shit, if I inherited 30M, (as been stated for debate purposes) I'd be sitting in the front row with a bunch of my friends, we'd have a couple of empty tractor-trailers in the parking lot, and I'd be bringing home the "Gate Job" Comet Funny Car.
    What, am I supposed to sit home and watch the other guy who inherited his $30M buy it?
    Nooooo way..........

28. fordflashback

fordflashback

Too bad he doesn't know the difference between 428 CJ/SCJ and Q/R code Mustangs. :rolleyes:

29. I am a big fan....I could watch for 10 hours straight. Such beautiful cars. I wish it wasn't the same weekend as the NFL championship games though....

30. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

So are you a Greaser or a Jock????

HellRaiser