Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Barrett-Jackson Live TV starts 01/19/10.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jack Thomas, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Just GOOGLED Tammy Allen the blonde (cougar) buyin all the cars seems she from Colorado and has a Limo/rent high cars biz,the story mentioned her daughter and dad but.............NO husband/boyfriend was mentioned.So who knows:rolleyes::D

Attached Files:

2. jawdrpn36

jawdrpn36
    from bay area

I wonder what cars Craig Jackson will yell at people about how the car is under the money and try and drive the price up instead of dropin the hammer

3. Weasel

Weasel

Could not believe that yellow '49 Lincoln Cosmo vert only got $36k!!!! I had it pegged at $60k - man the market is really down.

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Ring, Ring.....
    Kent "Hello"
    Me "Hey, it's Denise"
    Kent "What's up?"
    Me "I'm at the bar, meet me for a drink"
    Kent "Sorry dollface, me and my new friend Tammy are heading to the hottub"
    Me :(

Should be an interesting day :D

5. texdesoto

texdesoto

The 57 Cameo P/U for $27.5K, seemed cheap

6. Yes, a cross ram 69 "Z", w/rear disc(JL8) went for $58K.

7. Muttley

Muttley

Everytime the doofus in the sunglasses grabs the mic and spouts off about how some pile of crap is "an incredible opportunity" I just about smash the tv. BTW, would it kill them to show the cars? No one cares about the people bidding, if they must show them, how about a small box at the bottom of the screen.

8. one thing about BJ is they will sell anything that shines. if you have ever attended a auction in person it really strips the "glamour" off the event. in 30 years i'll feel good about telling my grandkids about BJ, "yeah sure am glad i spent my money doing something else besides being there!"

9. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

Hmm, Then that is some one that I would like to meet. Cougar or not.

10. Tuned in when I could last night. Got charged up when the AA Mail truck went across, stalled at 20K but slowly climbed and frenzied to stop at 50K. I hope it went to a good home. Early in my career with the Post Office I drove a 29 AA Postal truck in a few parades and shows so seeing that piece of history made the show worth watching. The truck left our shop for DC and the last I saw it was at the GB inaugural parade. Wish we had it back as I never thought to get pictures, too bad as ours was original. Only drawback to the show is when the car you want to see is coming up and they break for the commercial:mad:. I guess you just have to go in person if you want to see it all.

11. Ouch!!!!!!!! No I dont think so,even on my "best" day!:rolleyes:.Hell Id be happy with a vintage cougar (mercury) cause a cougar (old gal) for me would be in her late 50s or 60s:eek:........We are getting ready to roll that way in about an hour so we should be there by about 9 or so,and if I can talk the guys in to it maybe a stop or two on the way.Gotta admit the wind and rain is hittin Tucson really hard right now the weather chick is sayin to expect up to 60mph winds and up to TWO inches of rain today (more than we have seen in a year).Oh well cant wait to hit Scottsdale! and hopefully see some H.A.M.B. buddies

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  12. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

X2
    the past few years they have been devoting little air time to the cars...each year less and less.
    And I agree, I don't care about the people in the audience.
    Or the dork that screams when a bidder raises the price.

They always a have a big auction for charity each year.
    Why don't they put Steve Davis with his shades on in a dunk tank full of some "mystery fluid"?
    Or put him in a cage full of drunken amazons and the "West Hollywood Gay Men's Choir" just to see what happens?
    They'd raise a shitload of money for some charity!
    Now, THAT'S Tee Vee at it's finest...

just kidding...:rolleyes:

13. aircoup

aircoup

jeeeeeeez you people

14. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

I would never sell a hot rod there.They don't appreciate the old rods there.Its a 70s muscle car auction.Seen some top notch rods go for low bucks compared to what someone spent building it,not to mention the time spent.Its obvious the poor economy has effected the auctions.Mecum auctions prices are way down most from there reserve on the cars that arn't met so they don't sell.

15. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

I scoured all the tents and cars inside over the past few days and saw less than 10 cars that would be HAMB friendly's

16. 62nova

62nova

I'm sooo glad I canceled cable. I don't miss that crap at all.

17. bangngears

bangngears
    from ofallon mo

49-54 are shoebox,55-57 are tri-five.period,nuff said.

18. I started an earlier BJ thread with some of the preview pics in it & it got closed after some started to have a disagreement on what a "Shoebox" should be.

19. Kerry67

Kerry67

I turned it on last night and the first 5 or 6 cars they showed were all 69 Camaro Z-28's all in a row. I like Muscle as much as the next guy but lets see some variety at least.

20. That's why I taped the 5 hrs last night. Now I'll plant myself on the couch for an hour and FF to the better stuff;)

21. I've been tuning in from time to time, BORING.......

22. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Maybe more HAMB at the other auctions ??

23. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by meatball [​IMG]
    I keep waiting for that insurance comerical where the guys drivin a cougar singin about is cougar in the front seat,cracks me up every time
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    I LOVE that commerical!:D

I like the Hagerty commercial a couple of years back with the guy in the VW Micro bus rollin along and they ask if he remembers the 60s? Slight shrug and then they reply " we didn't think so"

24. WOW! I'm watching the tape from yesterday (Weds). A 70 Chevelle coupe with only a 350HP 396 went for $67K!!! That's just nuts. Especially for Weds.

25. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

Hey Frank, you should dig yourself out of the snow and go there one year. Might change your whole negative outlook.

-KK

26. the-rodster

the-rodster

Dammit Jim, I'm gunna start charging for my PI work.

Turns out, the blonde is Tammy Allen.

Her dad is Bill Allen, who just started his federal prison sentence, last week.

He was the owner of Veco Corp, and the central player in Alaska's long-running political corruption scandal.
    He pleaded guilty in 2007 to conspiracy, bribery and tax violations.

He sold Veco for $146 million, his Kids, Tammy and Mark, each got about $30 million.

Tammy likes cars, she paid $350K for a mustang at B-J in January.

Mark likes horses, he spent $700K for eight horses in 2007, but one of them "Mine that Bird" was the 50-1 longshot that won the derby last year.

Follow the money.......

27. Kerry67

Kerry67

I go to most of the auctions out here and don't see too much HAMB stuff.....If it isn't a Muscle car, most are street rods. Some stuff is HAMB-able though. I pretty much just go to hang out. I don't expect to see a lot of HAMB type cars.

28. mtkawboy

mtkawboy

Im sure Steve Magnate is knowledgable but if you notice he carrys a little notebook around that he has all the info in that hes researched about each car. If you watch carefully you will sometimes see him reading from it live when the camera man shoots were he shouldnt. Never the less its still interesting to hear about. As far as the buyers,you cant fix stupid so get over it.

29. 61TBird

61TBird

Saw that one last night.
    I thought it was a good price for that car,Beautiful color and thank God it wasn't another Red/Black stripe '70.....
    Here's the link,
    http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appl...ion/lotdetails.aspx?aid=304&ln=450&pop=0&it=1

The price after commission was $73,700.

30. I talked to Steve about this a couple yrs ago. He goes out there days in advance, does as much research on each car, talks to the owner when possible, and takes notes to compliment an extraordinary memory