Register now to get rid of these ads!

Baron's Hill Country 100 - Pic's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 30roadster, Oct 15, 2006.

1. 30roadster

30roadster

Wanted to say thank you to the Baron's for a great time. If we could have we would have stayed longer. We had a beautiful cruise in the Texas Hill Country. Met some nice folks and listened to some great music. Thanks to Sandman and Haven for their hard work. Crease....My son and I have learned what humble means after our defeat at the hands of "my pretty pony" and her silver girl. Here is a pre-humiliation picture :D
    [​IMG]
    The rest of the pictures : here

2. 30roadster

30roadster

3. 30roadster

30roadster

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

wish i had taken more pic's. Chasing kids takes away from camera time. missed a studebaker commander that was incredible and a red 49? merc that was beautiful. There was a bagged 6o's wagon with Watson stripes....really nice!

4. Crease

Crease

We were really happy that you and the family came down for the show. I got a kick out of all the kids running around (mine included). Crash was one well built machine! We loved your dad's Merc, that thing is clean. I sat down today to write a thank you post and quickly realized that we have a an absolute ton of folks to thank. Folks that we've never met came out and gave us support in spite of the weather report. Rather than miss someone, we're gonna put our heads together and make a list. Bottom line is that the show was well supported and we can't thank everyone enough. Looks like we'll be doing it next year at the same location, but next time we'll put up signs! I only took a few pics too, but luckily Sandman's sister took about 300. We should be able to get a link set up soon.

Attached Files:

5. Crease

Crease

BTW after Jenna's car ran Sandman off the track, the name was promptly changed to EL CABALLITO DE MUERTO>

6. 30roadster

30roadster

....." baby horse of death ".....I like it! :D

Looking forward to sandmans' sisters pictures.

7. BELLM

BELLM

Thanks for a really great weekend! Wow!
    The run, show, bands etc were great! Enjoyed meeting everyone, Barons, Lonestar Lords, Gear Grinders and everyone else.
    Beautiful scenery on the run. Got some good wet road time on the coupe, got the wife where she doesn't grab the door everytime we take a sharp curve, there were so many she finally just gave up and relaxed!!!:D
    The party Saturday night was a blast! I still hurt from laughing, you guys really know how to have a good time!!:D .
    Left around 1PM Sunday, got home around 5:30. Long drive but well worth it, we will definitely be back next year!
    Thanks for all the hard work, you guys are great hosts!

8. Rusty

Rusty

Too Cool, really sad i had to miss it this year. Looks like everyone had as great time. Where pics of HSC

9. Rocket

Rocket
    from Austin Tx

damn I wish I could have went it looks like a great time. thanks for sharing the pics.

10. deuce4life

deuce4life

Where's the pics of Slick Willy in his straw hat and gold chain?

11. Slonaker

Slonaker

I really enjoyed myself Saturday. Got to meet some new folks, listen to a band, and look at a bunch of nice cars in the rain. :) Maybe next year I'll be able to show up in a hotrod...

Thanks to the Barons for sponsoring the event. Special thanks to Crease for his hospitality to this total stranger, and for introducing me to a bunch of ther nice folks.

Slonaker

12. yeah! where's the HSC pics!?!

Kidding!!!

man, the Barons have an oasis of a park that's perfect for the next show....good folks, good times! thanks Barons!

Hami

13. Crease

Crease

I found out that my wife's new camera only holds 12 pics. Fortunately, Sandman's sister took a bunch of you guys. She's on her way back to LA, then we should be getting em ready to post. You guys absolutely rocked!

14. On behalf of the gear grinders who showed up we had a good time.we got a little wet but over all it was worth it. The park was awsome,cant wait for next year. this was the first show I have taken my new car to im glad you guys like it.I loved the trophys.

15. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

Kerrville didn't know what hit them...
    BARONS and THUNDERBOLTS ripped the nautilas bar saturday night, with the help of the Tuna and Oscar.....
    BELLM you and your homies are the sh!t.....
    More pics. soo thanx to those who drove...

Thunderbolts
    Fenderskirts
    Gear Grinders
    LoneStar Lords
    Pushrods
    Kontinentals

More pics. soon...

16. Slick Willie

Slick Willie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It was a great time at the Baron 100. I enjoyed seeing and talking to the other car clubs: Lords and Ladies, Thunderbolts and Pushrods. You could tell that the folks that showed up were real car guys and gals. I loved the valve cover races and the trophies were great. Not that plastic shit that no one ever keeps. (You have to post a pic of trophies). Those of you who missed out make plans to be there next year I will. I could see this thing getting bigger every year you plan to have it. Again, thanks Sandman, Crease, HRH, Big Al , Johnny and the rest of the Barron for putting on a great show. High School Caesar really kick ass. I heard Kerrville will never be the same.

Slick Willie

17. HRH

HRH

I'll try to get some pics up tonight of the event and the after-party. I had a blast with everyone that came out! Ready for the Thunder-bolts to throw their party cause there are just way too many small towns in Texas to turn upside-down. Its definately on for next year!

18. triton6972

triton6972

I agree with Christian, I had a blast!! Meet some really Kool people (the Thunder-Bolts) great guys and gal, great music, all in all a great weekend (from what I remember) cant wait till next year. If I can get the pics from my buddy I'll post some from Saturday night. Im supprised the cops didnt show up at the hotel after the bar closed!!! Hey Christian post some pics so I dont have to wait on Mikes slow ass!!!!

19. Crease

Crease

Thanks to the Thunderbolts, Pushrods, Gear Grinders, Fender Skirts,
    Loanstar Lords & Ladies, Kontinentals, Chupacabras, my fellow Barons and folks too smart to join a club :), this thing was twice as fun as any of us had expected. Huge thanks to The Flaming Hellcats (my mom's favorites). It would not have been the same without High School Ceasar. We've known these guys for years and it was an honor to have them play the show. I was kind of embarassed, I hadn't seen Robert in a while and thought they had a session drummer. I was pretty pleasantly suprised when I found out it was just "Extreme Makeover" Hamilton. My boy was pretty impressed with the show, but more so with the fact that Ed hit 104 at the drags and that his sisters "El Caballito de Muerto" valve cover took out Sandboys (amazing what a brick can do)!

I hadn't seen Matt Hole in about 5 years and he was even better than I had remembered. I had an absolute blast on Saturday night, but my night wasn't as good as Oscar's from what I hear!?

Christian said it before, but Bellm and the Thunderbolt boys absolutely kick butt. It was a heck of a nice sight to that little maroon '32 come around the corner at the hotel on Friday night. My daughter spent most of the day hangin with tiny Kontinentals and Fender Skirts and had a blast. We were really glad to see our good friends from the Gear Grinders, those guys have been going strong since back in the day. I finally found out who owns the little Pushrod coupe, I love that thing. Thanks for the support Jeremy! The Lonestar Lords and Ladies were out in force too. It was definitely a pleasure to meet Slonaker. First and last time I met 30Roadster I was headed out of the Round Up to get home to my pregnant and almost due wife. This time I was really glad to get to talk to him. He's a really nice guy and his family was great. It was really great to see so many old friends and meet so many new ones too.

Sandman is pretty humble, but he is really the guy that made this thing happen. He's already planning for next year, sounds like it will be even better!

Hey Sandman, can you post the tropy winners?

20. Damn, guys, that looks like it was alot of fun! I was tryin to make it, but I was visiting Jet Lag City pretty heavily. For what it's worth, I'm still there.:(

21. BELLM

BELLM

I think my trophy was for showing up and partying with you guys Friday night! They are special, someone went to a lot of hard work to make really cool trophies.
    We all had a good time, I think Smalls (Eric) wants to run away from home and join the Barons. I, too, am still amazed that the police or hotel security didn't show up Sunday morning & run our asses off! We gave up Saturday night @ 3:30 Sunday morning and you guys were still going strong. Oscar, who had a smile on his face Sunday, and Tuna are two of the craziest guys I have ever met. Kept us in stitches!

22. BELLM

BELLM

pics

Attached Files:

23. Thanks Blem. I made the trophies and loved doing it.

When the Barons checked into the hotel the girl behind the counter was offering us beer! Great hotel! We plan on useing them next year.

I will get the winner list up soon, as well as some pictures from Toes Over Photography.

Thanks to everyone who came out to play with us, I'm still laughing at some of the stuff that went down that weekend.

Sandman
    Barons
    So.Texas

24. BELLM

BELLM

Same here! When we checked in Friday night she offerred us beer, water or soda. Had we known that when we turned the corner in the back parking lot there would be hot rods and Barons everywhere we would have taken the beer instead of a couple bottles of water!

The Whitten was a good choice, especially since it was just across the street from the bar where everyone went after the show. Nice place, unbelievable that you got us a $39.95 room rate, we expected a lot less for that price but the place was excellent.

Cool bar, too. Owner went out of his way to accomodate us. Matt Hole dished up some killer music. Still shaking my head and grinning about how much fun we had this weekend:D

25. BELLM

BELLM

Almost forgot, Slick Willie and I almost started deer season early. As we were all coming back into the edge of Kerrville, after driving for several uneventfull hours through the country, a big buck ran in between me and one of the Lords. :eek: Thank God I didn't see it coming and react, he ran across 4 lanes of traffic. Back at the show found out another ran across behind me and in front of Slick Willie. Guess deer like 32 Fords.:)

26. Crease

Crease

Mas pics! Still anxiously awaiting the pro stuff.

Attached Files:

27. HRH

HRH

Man, I have been going through my camera and downloading all of the pics and there are a lot of pics in there that probably should never be shown to the general public. It was just one of those nights where the beer flowed freely down the throat (case and point-the bandana!)

Funny that the people of Kerville stayed toward the back of the bar!!!!

28. BELLM

BELLM

I think this picture taken in the bar is safe.

29. Ooops, It's BELLM not blem. I aint there tooo smart... Sorry.

Well here is the site to see more pics of the event. Go to www.toesoverphotograph.com click gallery.

Once again thanks to everyone who came out to play. Looking forward to next year!

Sandman
    Barons
    So.Texas

30. Oops I suck. www.toesoverphotography.com try that!