Register now to get rid of these ads!

Barn Job #18, HA/GR, '12 build thread

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by Old6rodder, Feb 11, 2012.

1. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Can't say about the other places, but Eagle Field is old bare asphalt like it was meant to be.

2. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

No argument here, Gentlemen. For my money, NfHRA's welcome to the traveling TV "reality" :)rolleyes:) show they've turned their end of the sport into.

I'm hip deep in the various meets springing up around here that want to see REAL glory days style, and postwar era style, cars running. I agree that it's where the nostalgia part of the sport's going at the local level, and I'll take it. :cool:

I also wish more of'em ran clean asphalt like Rocky does, perhaps more eventually will, as the thing grows, and as they realize that the glue was one of the major reasons for the divergence in the first place. :)

3. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

OK, Kiddies,

This is the tag end of the Barn Job's thread. I'll put up the last three race notes as part of the start of the Brick's new thread, in as much as they were run with the Brick on.

Five and a half years, what a cool run for the Barn Job. The races (both won and lost), good folks met, friends made, fun had, and memories logged, are what make this sport what it is for me. See y'all on the Brick's thread. :cool:

4. Thanks for your help rodder.

I'm in Canada, and the rules here for slower cars are vague/grey to say the least. No NHRA, but a body that certainly takes some ques from the overlords. hahah

The word YET...in no chassis certs "YET".... is the big thing that echoes around in my brain like a rusty flapping heat shield.

Lots to think about...

Thanks again man,
    Steve