Register now to get rid of these ads!

"Barn finds"... Pictures of finds...lets see 'em

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BadbeatFactory, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Go back.... I've bought cars and boats that didn't sell years before!

Seriously....!

2. 51PanelMan

51PanelMan

Found my Airflow several years ago stashed away in a small garage. It's been there untouched for about 15 years before I came along.

As found in the garage.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here it is home.
    [​IMG]

At the GG West Coast Nationals in 2009.
    [​IMG]

3. dmikulec

dmikulec

Airflow = cool. Great find! :cool:

4. 1933BOB

1933BOB

Love them mopars!!!!!!

Attached Files:

5. GUY514

GUY514

I got this one after sitting over 20 yrs

Attached Files:

6. S.F.

S.F.

I literally had to just catch my breath....holy SHIT! mental overload...that was too much...im freeking out...............I actually wish I would have never seen these pictures, where do you live?

7. dart165

dart165

Does this count? :D

Prewar Shelby Flyer track bike. Found it in the same garage as the previously posted Chris craft.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. BadbeatFactory

BadbeatFactory

whats a bike like that worth??

9. SUNROOFCORD

SUNROOFCORD

10. Wow!!! 68 KR500? What parts did you recover with it?

11. Kenny DFW

Kenny DFW

My 61 Cad when I found it - had just been pulled from an old storage shed in Oklahoma....

Attached Files:

12. TLB@HCG

TLB@HCG

Here are a few we found in an old garage just down the road.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. TLB That Buick is bloody awesome!

14. Pair of Deuce's

Attached Files:

15. Found my ol 41 Poncho in a barn and was able to buy it.

Attached Files:

16. Hemiman 426

Hemiman 426
    from Tulsa, Ok.

Man! Does that bring back memories of Jennerstown Speedway back in the late 50's/early 60's..

Bill

17. I'd love to have the Packard.
    [​IMG]

18. a lighter and some hairspray....

19. Duece coupe and 55 Bird that shared a dirt floor'd polebarn. The coupe was in there since 1960. Since it sat higher it wasn't as ate up as the Bird. It's being restored right now by a retired guy I used to work with. The Bird is being done right now too, by a friend of mine. It's been in there since 1964.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  20. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

Amasing what is still out there waiting to be rescued.

21. 59bones

59bones
    from Illinois

Here is a 59 Impala that was a recent barn find. Has been sitting awhile but turned over with a new battery. It is currently being resuscitated. Should be ready for a shakedown cruise pretty soon!

Attached Files:

22. 32Rules

32Rules

Not a kr. Just a gt500 mine is an early 68. Lots of parts found in several sheds. Got motor but no trans. Got hood most front end pieces

23. OpnenSinner

OpnenSinner

Buddy of mines employee told his his granny had some panhead fords..lol .He was gonna scrape them ,this is the first one i picked up after cutting a tree down and snatching for 2 hrs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. echale3

echale3

Here's a 1960 Biscayne that was in a chicken house from 1972 until I purchased it at an estate auction in 2010. The 283 was locked up, the brakes were absolutely toast, the interior reeked of rodent pee and seat fluff was tucked in every nook and cranny, etc. I got the story on the car from the daughter of the original owner. In late '59, they bought the car, in '72 the wife decided that she wanted an AT/PS/PB car, so the husband went down the mountain, bought a new car, came home, backed the Biscayne into the back of the barn, pulled the battery, tossed the key on the dash, shut the door, and there it sat until I got ahold of it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here it is with decent rims/tires on, seeing the light of day for the first time in 38 years...

[​IMG]

After working on it a weekend or two each month for the past year, it starts, stops, and drives just fine, all the lights work, etc., but I have not really started to any significant degree on the body work or interior yet. I've already got it insured, titled, and licensed, so it's legal to drive on the road....

25. dart165

dart165

Not as much as most of the stuff in here! some really awesome finds!

Really though, I have no idea. Theres a bit of info on the Peewee Herman Art Deco style Shelby Flyers, but almost nothing on their pre-war track framed bikes.

26. More Deuce's

Attached Files:

27. Some F-85 Oldsmobile's

Attached Files:

28. Mr. Speed

Mr. Speed
    from USA

Can't get any good pics BUT... I found a '57 Mercury Turnpike Cruiser Indy 500 Pace Car. She's been laying under a tarp covered in wet leaves for about 5 years. You can just listen to it rust, but there's enough there that if you had a donor car it would be savable. All the Pace Car-specifics are still there. She'd be worth a pretty penny all restored.

29. Mr. Speed

Mr. Speed
    from USA

Also forgot about the stash I found. Me and the old man kept seeing this red roof from the road, so one day we see the guy outside of his house. The usual stop, introduction, and explaination of why we stopped the guy says "Sure, that's my car. I got a bunch of old cars. Check these out."
    We follow this guy behind his house, look down the hill, and there sits a '32 5 window, a 40 Ford pickup, a few Willy's coupes, a 41 Lincoln convert, and a few more I can't remember. We asked him where they came from, how long he had them, that kind of stuff. He said he had more hidden around. He gave numbers too.
    32 coupes? 30-40 of em.
    33/34 coupes? 40-50.
    Lincolns? too many to count.
    Willys coupes? a ton.
    49-51 Mercs? about 35.

He has a warehouse in the middle of no where where alll these cars hide. It's an old aircraft hanger from the surplus FULL of parts. You walk in and trip over STACKS, yes STACKS of Caddy sombreros. Frames, whole cars, motors, you name it. He has NOS deuce stuff hanging on the wall. There were stacks of 32 doors, trunklids, frames, you name it.

The most amazing thing in the world. He even said he forgot where he put the rest of his collection!!

I'll never forget him.

30. 231ramona

231ramona

When I bought this roadster back in the early 90's, it had been stored for about 30 years. It really was not technically a barn find but but was in the back of a down-town main street building. The dry storage kept it in great shape.

Attached Files: