Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Barn Find

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by dart4forte, Feb 26, 2023.

1. Budget36

Budget36

Hey Mike, I’ll gift you a 302/C4 you can gift me the 327;)

Okie Pete and Algoma56 like this.
  2. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Enemies? From a "found a bitchin truck" topic? A little fun along the way? You know if you use that old condom in your wallet the skin will probably break and you'll still get an STD or knock her up. So, avoid that steady drip-drip-drip and get some thick skin.

I think I'll say so long to the whole forum for a while. I'm not mad, I just think lately some of y'all have gotten really sensitive. I'll just keep my build thread updated and stay outta the rest, or maybe Ryan and the mods wanna show me the door, but for what I'm not sure. I didn't think a forum dedicated to hot rod hoodlums was a place for Emily Post. Cheers kids (since I'm 60-fuckin-5 I can actually say kids).

3. [QUOTE="theHIGHLANDER, . Cheers kids (since I'm 60-fuckin-5 I can actually say kids).[/QUOTE]

I have kids your age, you young whippersnapper! He He:D:D

Ben

4. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Highlander, stick around, why? Cause I said so. :) 57271A6C-AD6B-40FF-80AA-CCA97DFC5B70.jpeg

rpm56 and impala4speed like this.
  5. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Mine had 302 C4 , 9 in rear axle 3.25 gears ,Toyota 4x4 power steering box . Drove it over 125K miles , not one issue . I just had need for another 4x4 to use for farm work , so I built the OT Power Wagon . Any questions on what works and what doesn’t PM me . Drive it like you stole it !

6. gene-koning

gene-koning

Is there now a time frame on how long a vehicle has to be in a barn before it can be called a "barn find"?
    Does it need to be in the barn (pole shed, or garage) 10 years to qualify? 20 years to qualify? 40 years to qualify? How about 5 years?
    What happens if no one knows how long it was in the barn? Is it automatically disqualified?
    Does a barn find have to be completely HAMB friendly to qualify, even if the previous owner modified and original hot rod? Are we not even suppose to post pictures of a vehicle that can be HAMB friendly but may not currently completely be? It seems to be you can't if it has the wrong wheels on it (even if they were just tires that held air), but now the existing drive train also disqualifies it as well?

rpm56, 05snopro440 and impala4speed like this.
  7. dmar836

dmar836

Highlander, No offense but I think you might have been the sensitive one to turn this thread south. Maybe we should all take a break.
    Gene, the point of an OT drive train appeared to just be an observation and not a criticism of the barn find. It was that strangely aggressive response that floated it to the top.
    Whether you or anyone wants to bring up off topic builds of any era is up to you. Lord knows it's done all the time. Some are pure catalogue street rods that get plenty of air time. The mods can respond as they see fit. Do what you like but we certainly can't expect every member to appreciate our builds just because we think they are the best.
    I think most of us would drive that 289/C4 if it was ours but that doesn't make it an O/T vehicle; that's all.
    I'd like to see more pics of it to see how well the conversion was done.
    Personally, as for the modern drive train, I'm tired up of the whole "drop an LS in it" comments even by my local friends. They never do it - just watch hip TV shows and talk. What they do accomplish doesn't seem to get done without a kit, detailed instructions, and fab work from others. I'm usually only good for the last part.

WalkerMD and 05snopro440 like this.
  8. That is one nice lookin truck. I've had a '48 with a merc flatmotor and a '49 with 289/cruiso and the original 4.27 dana rear axle. Broke an axle shaft once and blew the ring/pinion once. 49fordpu.jpg

Okie Pete likes this.
  9. Budget36

Budget36

You saying you are going to leave for awhile, pisses me off and makes me feel sad. I’m too sensitive and I take offense to you saying that.
    PS. How long is a break? I’m thinking a truly traditional break would be longer than the “want it now” generation break.
    Oh, may as well stick around, get a few chuckles now and then, what else you going to do, check your Facebook page?

10. dart4forte

dart4forte
    from Mesa, AZ

Man, there’s a lot of drama over a stupid old truck. Maybe I should have said it had a Ford motor, transmission and rear end. Sounds like a bunch of old women!!!!!

11. Dustin 257

Dustin 257
    from Dallas

I just want to see some more pics lol. Love them old Ford trucks. Sure it’s not for sale lol.

Quote from a guy I work with “ take your dollar to Waffle House and buy a cup of coffee. Maybe someone will listen to your shit there”

12. dmar836

dmar836

Can we see how the conversion was done? Even if O/T, was this an angle iron and stick welder job or a kit job, or...?
    I'm guessing an 80s build?

13. dart4forte

dart4forte
    from Mesa, AZ

I’ve asked for more pictures. Since it’s not for sale he’s reluctant to provide me anymore pics. He did share, I’m sure some one here will go into cardiac arrest but he’s planning on doing a resto with a Mustang II clip.

14. dmar836

dmar836

Oh crap. Now I double down. OT!
    So I know the OP isn't the planner but curious, are there no street rod forums?
    Thanks for the update,
    D

15. dart4forte

dart4forte
    from Mesa, AZ

I sent him a text and asked him for a pic of the engine compartment. As soon as I get it I’ll post it.

dmar836 likes this.
  16. Tow Truck Tom

Tow Truck Tom
    from Clayton DE

Since this has become a junk fest.....
    I was shocked at the start and checked out, but now, while it is still here let me say this.
    Tub did say please

Last edited: Mar 2, 2023
  17. 05snopro440

05snopro440

What a sweet find! Congrats to your buddy!

18. LOL! Hard on the old women there.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nice truck. Be proud.

Ben

19. indyjps

indyjps

Seen a lot of "barn finds" that look like 80's restorations. It's all good, they've been in the barn a long time.
    Getting them back into circulation is what counts.

20. big bird

big bird

O-O-O-Kay......
    SBF is OT? Been around since 61 or so. C4 trans? 1964. As long as it's carbeurated, a 221-260-289-302 is "Just a SBF". Chevy 350? 1968. Discussed all the time here. "It's just a SBC like 265-283-302-307-327".
    How many cars have TH350s on here? When did they enter production? 1968?
    Rant over. Carry on.

21. 4wd1936

4wd1936
    from NY

I wonder if you are required to pull the barn find out with a traditional hot rod truck. This whole rant is silly. Give the guy a break, he rescued a cool old truck and that is what is important.

05snopro440, seb fontana and Budget36 like this.
  22. Highlander - stick around. I like your posts as you’ve been there done that like so many others here.

Stay safe regardless …..