Register now to get rid of these ads!

Barn find roadster and 5 window, with a lil history!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TurboShadow, May 7, 2010.

1. TurboShadow

TurboShadow
    from Prosser wa

Well, not really a "find" as Ive know these cars have been in this garage for 20 years or so. Finally got a chance to look a little closer today. The roadster is a 50's gem. WWW's, red wheels with chrome caps, the tail lights have been changed, had larger headlights, there was sweet little spot/head lights mounted to the side of the hood. and was all done in the 50's. Still had a all stock banger in it thou, at least it looked stock. The owner told me her late husband used this car to pick her up when they were dating in the 50's! Her husband parked the car in this garage after the garage was built in the 76. It has been there ever since. I didn't ask to many questions about the 5 window, but it looked like it had a new motor in it. All original looking.

So, heres the pics. Sorry they are so small, this was a impromptu stop and all I had was my cell phone with me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also... the owner? Is my grandma. The builder? Was my grandpa! I really want to bring the roadster home and talked with her about purchasing it from her today. She would never let me pay her for it, but I new that would go over better then just asking for it. I am going to work on bringing it home, may be a while thou. She has alot of memories attached to it. One thing that WILL not happen is it will not be cut up. It will be restored to its former 50's glory.

Can anyone help ID the year?

Also for anyone into mustangs, Ive been told that fastback is a 67 k-code. 1 of 27 made if my research is correct.

2. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

Really neat. That is great that you are going to restore the roadster. The fastback Mustang is no slouch either.

Does she want to sell the Mustang?

3. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

28-29 Coupe.

30-31 Roadster.

4. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

isn't the K in K code right there on the fender with the Vin number like the earlier models? can't be much easier to tell if it is or not.

6. The Mustang is a '65 or '66 model and yes, look at the VIN on the driver's inner fender; it will have the engine code there.
    "T" Code is the six cylinder
    "A" Code is the 4 barrel 289
    "C" Code is the 2 barrel 289
    "K" Code is the Hi-Po 289 (worth big bucks)

7. bonesy

bonesy

The '30/'31 roadster looks to have '46ish Olds tail lights.

8. Holy Cow! Is there no end to these T-Riffic finds? Also, am I the only one whom got all sentimental, when he mentions that is was his Grandpa's?? A car is SO much more when there is a story behind it. Thanks for sharing.:cool:
    JT

9. Well, looking at the pic of the Stang it could be a '67, it is really hard to tell from the pic, but the VIN will still be on the driver's inner fender. '67 would be the last year for the hipo 289 as Ford went to the 302 in '68.

10. The Hop Walla

The Hop Walla
    from Dallas

That's so cool. Only thing in my grandma's garage is her '82 New Yorker. It may be cherry but who cares?

dka

11. dudley32

dudley32

Load that junk up ....and bring it to my house!!!

12. the-rodster

the-rodster

Gramps had some sweet rides.

Rich

13. TurboShadow

TurboShadow
    from Prosser wa

Gramps did have some sweet rides. 40+ cars were sold when he died. These 2 and a mid 50's mercury were all that were kept. I was 5 at the time or I would have fought to hang on to them. I knew my grandma had these cars (and it has kept me from dragging other junk home), But I didnt know it was one of HIS cars, not just one he bought and put in storage. So that makes it extra special. I was going nuts just looking at them.

Im not 100% on anything on the mustang. Just going off of what Ive been told.

14. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Cool story and good call on the roadster..what more could u ask for then to be runnin your granfathers ol' hotrod!!! Where they all his cars?

15. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

to cool restore it and take gram for a ride

16. TurboShadow

TurboShadow
    from Prosser wa

BTW.... Nothing is forsale. Between me, my uncle and his son all these will stay in the family.

17. 489 K Code Mustangs made in 67.

18. That is sooo cool and the fact that it's your family's history behind the cars. I suggest you 'restore' the roadster as it was when your grandparents were dating in it as a tribute to them.

19. RancheroMan

RancheroMan

you got more than just a car.
    you got family history. document everything she tells you about it.

look for vintage pics to post!

20. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Even better...great family/car history man

21. tinmann

tinmann

I think your grandpa was a cool dude.......

22. ridgy didge

ridgy didge

Yep i'm jealous

23. Moondog13

Moondog13

This is awesome!! Any pics of it in its prime?? Unfortunately my gramps lost his beloved Hudson in Cuba. :(