Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods BARN FIND!! ....Now what to do with it?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gary terhaar, Jan 4, 2009.

1. KIRK!

KIRK!

Pretty much. I'd go with a dropped axle, juice brakes, big & littles, lower the headlights. That's about it.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  2. Wow, I'd have to treat myself to driving that just the way it is, mechanical brakes, B-motor and all for at least a couple of years. Then, after I was REAL sure I wanted to change anything at all, I'd go with the V8 with a '39 trans, juice brakes and dropped axle, maybe a quick change and be done.

3. Vorhese

Vorhese

The more and more chopped cars I see the more I appreciate a stock looking one.

4. gary,

The truck will attract more attention with an unusual engine. Something that is different. Something you don't see every day at a run. Why not try a Model B Ford? Maybe with a little speed equipment. Please don't chop it or mess with the bed or fenders. Original vehicles are getting hard to find.

Charlie Stephens

5. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

That thing's cool just how it is.......

Just drop the nose, give it some big and littles, and keep the fender mount spare!!

6. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

You find a short bed at the swap meets

7. SAVAGE

SAVAGE
    Alliance Vendor

8. yankbuilt

yankbuilt

Looks good.Chop it about 4 inches and you'll be good to go.

9. gary terhaar

gary terhaar
    from oakdale ny

A few shots of the motor.
    Again thanks for the sugestions,It seems to be going in the V8,dropped and juice set up.......You know just what KIRK! sugested...I should have asked him first...LOL:)

Attached Files:

10. You've already had my 2 cents worth..........so a little more won't hurt. You need to ask yourself some questions before doing anything.
    1. What do I want to do with this truck? drive it, show it, just hoard it and peek at it once in awhile, wow my friends, wow my enemies, irritate my mom ( wife, girlfriend, friends or enemies, you get my drift) ?
    2. Do I want to alter it to a place where it can never be put back to original?
    3. Do I want it to be safe to operate on today's highways in today's traffic?
    4. Do I really care what anyone else thinks?

11. gary terhaar

gary terhaar
    from oakdale ny

All valid points,I was torn on the approach as to cutting it up(sheet metal wise)as a person who sees most things as a challenge to test my skills.The challenge here may be not to test my skills and see how much of it i CAN leave alone.
    I respect the people who are on this board and there opinions,the reason i started this post,But to impress anyone....No,...Just me.
    I will build it to be used,like everything else i own and use it for its original intention to be driven.
    Like i said before ,i have another model a truck not nearly as complete but mostly there.That will be the one to see the wrath of the sawzall not the 32.
    To answer the question if i care what people think? I think we all do to some extent.Thats why were here.Some care more than others but we all care how we are preceived in others eyes.Hell thats why we have mirrors.
    Thanks again to everyones input,i can hear and sometimes do listen......Gary

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  12. Gary, I'm proud of you. You "get it"....

13. A Chopped Coupe

A Chopped Coupe

Gary,

Your truck, no matter how you decide to make it will really be nice since you have such
    a great foundation to build on.

Here is another picture of the truck, unfortunatley I let this get away a year or so ago.
    The look is really sweet with the rake, lovers, and big and little tires with steel rims!

Attached Files:

• 91_3.jpg
      91_3.jpg
      File size:
      108.3 KB
      Views:
  14. banjorear

banjorear

Funny. Especially the fat chick and an upright bass part.

15. I smell what youre steppin' in!

16. bangngears

bangngears
    from ofallon mo

dropped axle,tires&wheels,nailhead,its already painted.yer done.enjoy

17. Graffiti32

Graffiti32
    from Illinois

Your looking at it all wrong. The question should be "What can't I do with this". :D

18. KIRK!

KIRK!

Make sure to keep us updated. That PU has a ton of potential.

19. Daddyfink

Daddyfink

Very happy to read that you will not chop it! A nice clean build can go a long way!

20. Yes, calmer heads have prevailed. You can restore a car as often as you want but you can only ruin it once. Glad to hear that there will be no cutting.

21. g-lover51

g-lover51
    from Dallas Ga

Dude that is a great lookin little truck. I would go with a near stock look with the exception of a nice little flat head tucked nicely between the fenders

22. Adriatic Machine

Adriatic Machine

needs a bigger front bumper for sure... i know a guy -

23. Dirtynails

Dirtynails
    from garage

Banger. or V8. stock body, dropped axle. clean up the paint . you will enjoy it better because you will be driving rather than building.
    Keep it simple.

24. I like the Idea of keeping it stock, nice paint and upholstry and it will be a cool truck.

25. Wow you guys are so lucky. we`ve got more chance going of to the moon than finding treasure like that. Good luck & happy building. a great find.....Cheer`s Bri...:)

26. 31fordV860

31fordV860

All the above is good advice. I wouldn't be choppin' it or puttin' a bellybutton motor in it. I'd just go out and pet it every now and then and talk sweet to it until all that snow is gone ...

I second the motion...all in favor...say "I"..

Nice, very nice.

27. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

lol, thats funny

28. S.F.

S.F.

I second that motion