Register now to get rid of these ads!

Barn find----not ((1933 chrysler))

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 33mopower, Mar 9, 2009.

1. I like the car how it is, however, I LOVE old orriginal or older restos even if they are not perfect so I am a little bias.
    I like the ideas your going with. Rod it a little, but don't make it too high tech. Theres nothing wrong with fixing up a car to your likings. Thats why we are all here. If it were me, I would leave it and use it as a sunday driver. Then again, lower it a little, fix that ugly dash up like the "roadster" dash your talking, little different tire/wheel...I think it'd be killer!

2. zzford

zzford

Lose the fenders, channel the ever loven' crap out of it, and put a tractor grille shell on it!!! HEY, only kiddin' !!! Can't ya take a joke? Seriously, I'd leave the body stock, add a later Mopar power train, no blown hemi (out of character for this car), update the suspension and brakes, throw a/c in it and cru-u-u-uise. What a grand old dame!

3. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

It's a beautiful car ! You paid for it and it's your car , so it's up to you .
    Now if it was mine , I would drive it like it is while everyone will be bending their necks to see it ! To beautiful to cut it up . Just my 2 cents !

4. 33mopower

33mopower

I didn't mean the car was ugly its a hella nice car just has some ugly pieces on it thats all. I am a big fan of the big streetrods. Cadillac's, buicks, packards, etc.

5. 33mopower

33mopower

I think I have seen pictures of that car before. Your uncle sounds like a cool guy. Is he only into chryslers? I am also into 33 desoto's and 33-early 35 dodge commercials. Pm me his contact info .

6. Leave it alone and drive it.

7. rg171352

rg171352
    from New York

It's your car, but I agree with the leave it alone crowd. While I love the long ram motor, I think this car isn't the place for it.

Once again, your car, either way enjoy it.

8. 36DodgeRam

36DodgeRam

Great looking car, but probably rides like a truck, hard steering, bad mopr brakes back then, and flathead screams to do 60 mph. I know because I've had this '36 Dodge for 30+ years. Well the flathead started knocking and I've never been happier to yank out that old engine. Can't wait till I can start up this 331 hemi and go! Disk brakes will stop.

ROD IT, BUT KEEP IT ALL MOPAR!!

9. Winterbear

Winterbear

I love these early chryslers, no reason to chop em up too much some of the best lines of the times. even beat up like my 32 see my albums.
    Chris

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

Shitcan the tire covers and buy a set of blackwall tires. I repaint it with the body and fenders in the same color. Why to the Chrysler Coupes of the same vintage look like thay came with factory top chops and that convertable has a taller windsheild? Enjoy it, don't bother taking anything a part.

11. This would be cool with a wheel/tire change...

12. too nice as is to change

13. OLLIN

OLLIN

grow a clark gable-style mustache and drive it as is!

14. 36C8

36C8

It's your car, you can push it off a cliff if you want.
    But, I'd go light mods, and avoid cutting anything if possible. That's too close to being a straight resto candidate.
    If you do "improve it" by swapping driveline etc...save it all for a future change of mind possibility.
    I'm jealous.

15. Dirtynails

Dirtynails
    from garage

...and add a BIG mopar flat head six,413 cubic inches of Mopar torque monster truck engine. With a little work it could look stock to those who don't know ( and there are not that many anyway) yet have enough juice to cruise at a comfortable speed all day.

16. 33mopower

33mopower

The car has a non original engine and tranny. The engine is out of a 36 airstream. Anyone got the original engine and tranny laying around? What about all the parts that are missing from the two previous resto attempts?

17. 1 shot

1 shot
    BANNED

What do you mean resto rod??
    It's in brand new condition as it is now.

18. alsancle

alsancle

+1. I agree comletely Bob and I think I might have even said exactly the same thing. As a general rule, two-tone breaks the lines up wrong, and white-walls make me think circus wagon.

19. weldtoride

weldtoride

Very, very nice car. If you bolted your panels to a whole new custom chassis, and just stored the original running gear, you could have the best of both worlds. A whole new chassis wouldn't be cheap, but it would preserve the value of the car, and the new chassis would have its own value, so it could work out financially in the long run.

20. jdk

jdk
    from Nebraska

21. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Does this car have an all metal frame, or were they still using sheetmetal nailed over wood?

22. 33mopower

33mopower

The chryslers of the era were all metal. Even the toe boards are metal. They have heavy strong frames with huge x members. The stock frames look like a lot of the street rods frames built over the last couple decades. They did have wood between the floorpans and the frame but not structural. As late as 31 some of the roadsters and a lot of the panels/sedan delivery's had wood in the rear structure.

23. Jupiter Zone

Jupiter Zone

I you use the rule "we're not owners, we're caretakers" you'll make the right decision whatever it is. Please let us know how it plays out.

24. pohowie

pohowie
    from usk wa

is this actually in spokane I have the exact car 45 mins north and would love to see this so I know where things belong I have the correct cover for side mounts and wood spoke wheels

25. chopperjeff

chopperjeff
    BANNED
    from minnesota

its your car do what you want with it..I had a 28 dodge brothers roadster,one of 14 left i was told. I sold it to a guy who made a salt racer out of it...his car he can do what he wants

26. Bob Scafani

Bob Scafani
    from CA

before and after photos

Attached Files:

• 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      281.6 KB
      Views:
    • 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      326.6 KB
      Views:
  27. BsuKiersztyn

BsuKiersztyn

Hey 33 Mopower!!!!

wondering if you could get me a picture of the 33 chrysler glove box latch mechanism. It should just be a spring tab of some sort that keeps the glove box door shut, but my car doesn't have one & i need a good reference shot of one in order to correctly fabricate one. What does the glove box door latch 'lock' onto once shut?
    My car was a total basketcase

28. Cylinder9

Cylinder9

Cool car. I'm with the leave this one stock crowd.

Enjoy it either way!

29. The37Kid

The37Kid

X2!

30. With a 2 1/2 year old thread you might be better served by sending a private message to the original poster to ask questions. Or an email message.