Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Barn find! Check out this garage full

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BUY AMERICAN, Sep 4, 2009.

1. There is a Metropolitan, yellow, barely visible in the left side of one pic.

2. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

RoD-n-Custom in eDmonds, wA: YeaH, thta son-of a biITCh jus keEps a stiKin' !!! sHIT happenS, ya no?

3. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Thanks, Patrick, KNEW there had to be a MET in there somewhere! LOL -- Jimi

4. Steve Ray

Steve Ray

5. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Nash is a '51-'52 Country Club hardtop

British roadster is a '37 Aston Martin 2-litre 15/98 2/4-seater sports

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  6. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

7. porridgehead

porridgehead

I'd go with an Aston Martin 2 Litre 2/4.

[​IMG]

8. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Steve Ray & PorridgeHead, THANKS for clearing that up. MAN! Those British cars in that era sure had a bit of "resemblance" to eachother though, didn't they?

9. BUY AMERICAN

BUY AMERICAN

Wow! I am glad you guys had a good time with this! I have enjoyed reading the comments. These cars belong to my Uncle's father (not blood related). He drove every one of these cars into this garage (except the Nash Country club) 48 years ago and closed the doors. They were put up on blocks and left to be restored one day. He is 85 now and he has only restored the Healeys. One cool thing about the roadster is that it was originally silver like the one George Reeves drove in the original Superman. These cars were so rare, its fun just to wonder if it is the same one, ha! Here are a few more pics.

Attached Files:

10. BUY AMERICAN

BUY AMERICAN

And some more of interiors and engines. The interiors of these cars are all preserved soooo well. Most of them could be just cleaned up and used with minimal restoration required to be useful. Also, these old engines are neat. All the Nashs are overhead valve sixes. The ford is the only flathead. Also, I love the way the generator is attached directly to the fan on the Nash's. This fellow is a Nash lover. By the way quote "I'll get them all restored one day. You'll see me driving them at age 95." He better hurry...

Attached Files:

11. BUY AMERICAN

BUY AMERICAN

And the rest

Attached Files:

12. BUY AMERICAN

BUY AMERICAN

I will go car by car and tell you what I know and also hopefully learn more about posting and such.

Up 1st 1919 Nash

This car is complete and looks as though It could start right up. The top was damaged 30 years ago before the garage was closed in when 2 large cats fell through while mouse hunting. This car has a very small rumble seat, but overall this car is gigantic. This two seater is taller and longer than any of the other 4 door cars in the garage. The interior is in great condition considering it is 90 years old. Think about it. A World War one veteran could have bought this one brand new as soon as he got off the boat after coming home. The car only has rear brakes and they had brake shoes on the outside of the drums. Probably hard to stop after you went through the mud. But you probably wouldn't go too fast or want to on those wood spoke wheels.

Attached Files:

13. BUY AMERICAN

BUY AMERICAN

Next is the 1925 Nash:

This may be my favorite car. I couldn't get a good shot of the whole car. What I love about this car is the interior. It is posh! I am not sure what model this car is, but is has got to be a upper class touring car of some sort (or Nash's best version of one). There is mountains of room in this car and there is a cool footrest for the backseat passengers. There also is a neat heating system with bright metal grates in the floor. It has a Landau bar that I did not get a picture of. Swanky! Note the snakeskin at the lower edge of the engine picture. I almost pissed myself and it was only the skin! Finally, this car has 20" wheels. They were rollin' on 20s 84 years ago. And these are wire wheels.

Attached Files:

14. BUY AMERICAN

BUY AMERICAN

1929 Model A Ford:

I am a Ford guy, so This car is near the top of my list too. I bet I could get this car going in a weekend with a few parts. I might have this car painted, but a good cleaning would make it showable in its current original state. Check it out.

One more thing I thought was cool is that the back seat has a fold down arm rest.

Attached Files:

15. BUY AMERICAN

BUY AMERICAN

1938 Aston Martin:

I was afraid to touch this car because I am sure it is quite valuable. This is his pride and joy. I would love to see this car run again. It belongs in a concour d'elegance, not an old garage covered in dust.

Attached Files:

16. BUY AMERICAN

BUY AMERICAN

Early 50's Nash Country Club:

This car did not run when it was purchased. It is pretty rough with lots of rust, but it definitely has an awesome shape to it. It is the only one that could be purchased. He wants about $150 for every year he has had it stored. Interested?

Attached Files:

17. BUY AMERICAN

BUY AMERICAN

1929 Nash:

This grey car is really similar to the Model A. It would require a lot of wood work as there is rot present. Otherwise the interior is in good shape and the car is complete.

Attached Files:

18. BUY AMERICAN

BUY AMERICAN

Nash Metropolitans:

There are 2 of these, but one is a parts car. The ragtop was my uncle's high school daily driver in the 60s. The ragtop also runs.

Attached Files:

19. BUY AMERICAN

BUY AMERICAN

Finally the Healeys:

Early 50s sports cars designed in England, bodied in Italy and sold in the US with a Nash drivetrain, I read there were only 500 or so built in 3-4 years. The white one is a Lemans coupe and the Bristish Racing Green one is the roadster. Both were recently reworked and are srivers. They go to church regularly and have been in a few weddings. Rare and valuable. And cool as hell. :)

Thanks for wading through all my photos. I enjoy the comments. God bless.

Attached Files:

20. CrkInsp

CrkInsp
    from B.A. OK

A Nash Rambler I do believe. My folks had one when I was little, lo those many years ago.

21. Very Kool, I love seeing these old surviors.