Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Barn find! California Drag '57 Chevy OCIR

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRod28AR, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Trying to find ANY information on this car. It was built and raced in California by Elmer Louis Voss, and I have time slips from Orange County International Raceway. It has a California frame and one-piece front bumper. The car was brought here to Connecticut 25 years ago and was painted white with radiused wheelwells, a Olds 5:13 rear, and a 427 BBC. The rear was swapped out for a 10-bolt, the wheelwells de-radiused back to stock, and the 427 exchanged for a 327 tunnel ram. It has been stored away ever since. The car never had any rust what so ever. I'm just going to tune it up and throw a nice set of fenderwell headers on it and go!
    -Dean

Attached Files:

2. More...

-Dean

Attached Files:

3. triton6972

triton6972

Nice find!!!!!

4. chris55

chris55

5. Hot_Rod_Joe

Hot_Rod_Joe

Wow...I'm jealous, seriously!

6. Butch M

Butch M

cool car great find....

7. RatBone

RatBone

8. That is bad ass, plain white and no frills !

9. Fogger

Fogger

Put a 4-speed in it and have fun. Nice '57, great find!

10. 296ardun

296ardun

I crewed at OCIR but don't remember it...problem was that the fuel cars pitted in a different spot than the door cars, so we rarely mixed...it is a really cool car, and I hope you find more info on it.

11. Mullins

Mullins

Cool car. Love the roll cage!!! AWSOME all over!!!

12. lorodz

lorodz

great score man good luck with it ...you should bring to the east coast gassers races they have at e town ...im trying to get mine all finished up so i can join ..

13. sololobo

sololobo

WOW!! That is an awesome 57, love'm man. I am so stoked for you, have a blast man. ~Sololobo~

14. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

So, you're collecting 1957 Chevrolet Ex-Drag cars. I've got one to, if I can just get it here. My transport guy has bailed on me, although he is trying to find someone else for the job. I might just go get it myself, but to flat tow it back that far......! I see motorhomes flat towing a vehicle behind them all the time, and my truck is up to the job, just not sure I am. Like the steering wheel, you don't see 4 spokes very ofter. Original white car? Butch/56sedandelivery.

15. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

16. Excellent.....looks like it's going to be a fun summer for ya.....congrats.

17. Very nice, I too am partial to 57's especially a vintage drag car. I have a few of those Olds rears laying around also, one is a 5:13. Get it going and have fun like you said, good luck:).

18. lowkroozer

lowkroozer

56sedandelivery Go get a uhaul trailer ,put it on the back of your pickup and haul your car home..No big deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. hammeredcoupe

hammeredcoupe
    from Tacoma,WA

Great find! Doesn't look like it will take much to get it on the road. Keep us updated with your progress.

20. I keep coming back to look at this car!!!! Its probably the best looking 57 Ive ever seen. One question, what size tires are on it???

Thanks

21. Thanks man! The wheels are all 15x6". The front tires are Firestone Deluxe Champion 7.75-15 bias, and the rears are Hurst cheater slicks, approx. 28" tall and 7.5" wide.
    -Dean

22. seatex

seatex

WHAT A SCORE! CONGRATS!:cool:

23. Thanks alot dean, from what Ive seen you've got a bitchin collection of 57's.

24. Bump! Still trying to ID this car, thinking of lettering it.
    -Dean

25. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

I just seen this....amazing score...love it!

26. ok i know about the california one piece bumper but could someone tell me about a california frame? very cool find id love to find a 57 chevy in any shape

27. Mr. Jean

Mr. Jean

Nice find. You should have some fun with that one.

I had a couple of those back then myself.:cool:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010