Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Barn find! Bob Bishel's Model A Roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRod28AR, Aug 9, 2011.

1. That's so cool! Congrats!

Klaus

2. Forgot to mention that Bob was in the Radical Valve Timers car club!

-Dean

3. sololobo

sololobo

Tree-men-dos, wowsville on this beauty. What a cool mill, whats chances of this all coming together, cool deal. Congrats! ~sololobo~

4. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

how in the hell did you find this in a barn in CT? super cool.

5. seatex

seatex

You, sir, are a very lucky man! What a major score, and with history, to boot! Congrats! Can't wait to see this one come back together, keep that scoop!

6. csimonds

csimonds

DEAN how in the hell do you stumble on all of this stuff? Man you are one lucky bastid, Good on you Bro! Can't wait to see it
    Chuck

7. As I said earlier to you, this is an awesome find! Love to see it around or if I cruise through CT. love to see it. Great car!

8. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

Got my copy from Bernie himself. If need his number Pm me and i'll be happy to hook you up, he even sent me a cd of footage he shot at the 59 nationals in detroit of the Hollish Bros coupe. He and his brother Artie are both top notch people. Todd.

9. Bondobob

Bondobob

Bob Bishel lived one street from us in Middletown and was a good friend of my older brother Ken (aka: Art) Ford. I remember seeing the car in his (parents) garage in the late 50's. He and my brother were two of the founding members of the Radical Valve Timers Hot Rod club. My brother was building a 34 Ford three window during that time period but sold it for $500 (damn it!) when he got married. Oh yeah, no rust and a small block too. Bob and his brother ran the best hardware store in Middletown for many years, very nice people. I'm glad to see the car has been saved and is missing the rear fenders. I really wanted it but it's gone to a good home. Bob Ford, Deep River, CT

10. Too cool! My father and I drive through Deep River most every day while working (big blue electrical truck). Any chance you might have any old photos of the car or club memorabilia? We're going to preserve the car to the way it raced, but probably without the fenders and maybe a smaller roll bar. It will be period correct when it's done, and not over-restored.
    -Dean

11. Bondobob

Bondobob

Dean, I don't have any pictures of his car but have some of other cars in the Radical Valve Timers (thanks to my brother Ken). Also of an early Marrata show and at CT Dragway. I have the Square Roll Bar book if you want to borrow it. Some of these pictures are in the book. If you want to scan them that's OK too. PM me. I'll be home (wrenching) most of the weekend.

12. BTTT -looking for old photos/stories!

-Dean

13. 100% Matt

100% Matt

What the f!!!!!!! How did i miss this thread. Dean i'm gonna call ya tonight!!!!

14. Matt! I was gonna call you on this one, definitely some big local history!

-Dean

15. BTTT ...anyone else have photos? I also want to speak with Pete Bozzo from the CSRA if anyone has his contact info, apparently he was in the Radical Valve Timers with Bob.

-Dean

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

Ronnieroadster will have Pete's contact info. I know he has photos of the car on his CT Dragway photo posters. I'm still trying to find the two photos I have of the car at the races. Bob

17. Race City Rodz

Race City Rodz

very cool! great find

18. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Neat stuff. Aside from the rear fenders being removed, did anyone notice the difference in the doors? Gary

19. Bump.. I contacted Pete Bozzo and he is getting together several pictures he has of the car, including some of it in the pits/return road at CT Dragway, and even some pics of it being built in 1955/56! I'll post them as soon as I get them.
    -Dean

20. The37Kid

The37Kid

Great news, Pete is a good guy with a great collection of Connecticut Dragway stuff.

21. B Lawrence

B Lawrence
    from Ham.

awsume....congrats.......

22. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

cool story! I remeber Bob selling it at Ty rods Stafford spring swap meet eight or ten years ago. adam401 and I were amaze to see it there. glad to see it found a good home. good luck, Jared

23. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Pete's buddy, Augie Reel [Cromwell, CT] may have some info/memory..

24. thirdstreettito

thirdstreettito

Man thats a great find! Too cool!

25. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

That is great news Dean, look forward to see those!

26. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

funny man i almost bought that car like 6 7 years ago.. it was sitting at my buddy joe barrets in ware mass... had a 215 aluminum buick motor in it.. i was just to dam big for it... i can put u in contact with the guy that owned it for years if you like?

27. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

i have pics of it like 6 or 7 years ago.. from the milltown.....

28. SKT

SKT
    from APO AE

Great story - looking forward to seeing more pics of this one!

29. Bump!
    Already fast at work on it! Pics coming soon..

-Dean