Register now to get rid of these ads!

Barn Find!!! 57 Chevy 150-Ohio Race Car- INFO NEEDED

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34dodgehemi, Feb 1, 2009.

1. carpok

carpok
    from Indy

Cool 150 barn find I dont know anything about the car wish I did. I was running around that area mid to late 60 had a 55 292 dual carb gray primer hotrod. I remember picking up some heads at Dave Middletons shop with some buddys for there 57 nomad junior stocker. And he had a nice 57 150 in the shop not the barn find doing tune work on it. I will always remember what a nice guy Dave was to me. Another thing I cant get out of my mind is the black 67 I think but may be 68 camaro sitting off to the side of the shop. Those were some good days work all day burn up the streets at night. Ron

2. senior fried

senior fried

That car has ,need to be at the Hamb Drags in August written all over it ! Cool !

3. Preacher

Preacher
    Member Emeritus

4. I can't believe the old timers didn't spot that one.That is an early Hurst shifter.The lever was cut from 3/8ths inch flat steel and the knob held on with a screw through the lever.I would bet that it is an early 3-speed shifter with the additional lever added for reverse.I think Hurst actually built the shifter like that for competition use only.The headers look like they might be early Stahl Engineering ones.