Register now to get rid of these ads!

Barn find '40 vert....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by T-Roy, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Ramblux

Ramblux

I wouldn't trust it. First off, he wants the balance paid via wire transfer. Ebay and craigslist both warn about the high occurrences of fraud involving wire transfers. Second, that 0 feedback you mentioned. Third, he's apparently in Indiana, which for some reason seems to be the US mecca for scams.

I'm on two other forums where people from Indiana are actually forbidden to sell things in the classifieds.

2. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For those of us not in the US transfers are pretty much the only way for us to pay for cars etc otherwise the seller gets burned via Paypal. One solution is to go into a bank which dont usually use and open an account for each significant transaction. Once the money arrives yank it out as cash and close the account.

3. I'd do a completed search and see if it's a clone of something that sold last week or the week before - although the phone number could be a good sign, if it's legit.

4. there's nothing in the listing to indicate to me that it is a scam , BUT i strongly suggest if you or anyone is interested in biding on it to go examine it in person...not just this car but any car but any car on ebay

he does make the offer "You are most welcome to come and view the vehicle in person"

then pay for it when you pick it up

5. the-rodster

the-rodster

I've been watching it.

Neat car.

23K, and still no reserve, wonder what it is?

Rich

6. turdytoo

turdytoo

Notice he welcomes people to come inspect the car. For the kind of money that car will bring, I would go look, If I decided to buy it, I would make the transaction and leave with it. I say it's not a scam but a windfall for a non-ebayer/ now e-bayer.

7. KernCountyKid

KernCountyKid
    from Arkansas

you should buy it, it's the 'ultimate rat rod'.