Register now to get rid of these ads!

*Barn Find 34 3/W Body !* (pole barn that is)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Harms Way, Jul 1, 2008.

1. wow! nice score man..

2. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

And he came out smelling like a rose... I just love the bull shit about sharing with his hamb buddies..... Ha Ha what a fag.
    Dave:)

3. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

COOL SCORE ... the fact that you have 33 -34 stuff to fix it is even better.

I used to think cars like that were too far gone ... until I saw this one being saved http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=275519

Almost nothing is ruff ... if you have talent. Yours looks like a EASY fix. :)

4. McFly

McFly

Sweet! Congratulations...what a score.

5. Sanders

Sanders

cool, nice car!

6. wow.....they do still exist.....

congrats to you for following up, sure looks to pay off.

If you (or anyone) have any more leads on 'rough' body's, would love to know more, as I'd be stoked to find even half a 33/34 3 window door, let alone a body...

Again, great score, now make something of it, do us proud.

Cheers,

Drewfus

7. Harms Way

Harms Way

Well,..... maybe just a little like this one, 5" in the back and 5 1/2" in the front,..... nothing to radical.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Does that body have Pontiac taillights on it as you found it?
    Was it a hot rod before you got it?

Good for you! Buy a lottery ticket!

9. GRADY

GRADY

no kidding nice find man
    if you are buying lottery tickets buy me one;)
    sweet

10. Harms Way

Harms Way

Like I said, these pictures were taken 10 minutes after the first time I ever seen it,..... the only reason it took me 60 seconds to tell him it was sold was, I was trying not to wet my pants as I was throwing money at him :rolleyes:.

Oh,. and by the way "Wild Child" is painted on the drivers quarter panel, and i have no doubt this was a Hot Rod..... He told me this is exactly how he got it 20 some years ago,..... and he knows nothing of it's previous history.

11. The37Kid

The37Kid

Great find! So many bodies like that became stock cars 35-40 years ago, glad it escaped that fate.

12. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...and to think I really used to like you...:)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  13. I'm sure some are curious what kind of $$$ was involved... if you want to say. If not, no big deal.

14. Harms Way

Harms Way

Well considering what 3wLarry said..."and to think I really used to like you.:)",........ I think it would be better for all concerned if you just use your imaginations :cool:

15. bigbelly

bigbelly
    from michigan

Dennis, sweet find!!!

16. HELLMET

HELLMET

how much did it cost you to almost pee yor pants.

17. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

Looks good to me,and shit you don't even have to buy taillights.

18. The37Kid

The37Kid

The money spent doesn't matter, I just think it is interesting that the guy had this body for 20 years, he must have had a plan for it. Was he serious about selling it 3 years ago, or was he looking for "crazy" money and time just cought with the value? Must have made his day to get a call out of the blue and get a windfall to help him along.

19. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

Good for you , sweet car.

20. Good for you, unreal score!
    I'm gonna look threw all my old notes/ cars now!

-Shiny

21. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

How cool is that! I think it looks pretty solid.
    Lucky man!!

22. Harms Way

Harms Way

Actually,
    The way I understand it, Is this guy wanted to buy a Model A coupe project, but to get what he wanted he had to take everything in that guy's garage as a package deal,.... including this "Rough" 34 body (and believe me 20 years ago this would have been considered a rough body).

It got stuffed into the back of his pole barn and occasionally thought about and that was the extent of it, He was happy with his Model A project and was working on that. ( it was never advertised or mentioned much for that matter),... I originally herd about it from a friend that was a Model A restorer, I called the guy that owned it and told him I would be over to look at it in a week or so,.... and then lost the number :(,... When I called him last week, He remembered me and joked about how long that week was,......

As I seen it (from like 20 feet away), the first thing I said was "How much are you looking to get out of it ?" when he told me I didn't think I herd him right and asked him again,..... when he said what I thought he said,.... I said sold ! and started reaching for money.

I won't be selling this body, I wanted this one just for me, I have some stuff I have set aside over the years for just the right project,..... and this is it. :):):)

23. dutched32

dutched32

very cool body!

24. 38pickup

38pickup

I was thinking the same thing that has the bottoms of the doors. I was expecting it rusted 6 inches up. Nice score!

25. Wow!!! Great find. I thought I was the only one who held on to leads that long. Every time I clean out my wallet I sort the good stuff into a cigar box I use just for that. I've got leads in there from 10 years ago, I know:rolleyes:.

26. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Great looking body. That is far from being rough.

It will make a great Hot Rod

27. Harms Way

Harms Way

I don't want to beat a dead horse,..... but I can breathe easier now cause I got the coupe body home today,.... I should have it sitting on its frame next week,... I will post a picture on this thread if anyone is interested in seeing it,...... thanks for indulging me. :)

[​IMG]

28. banzaitoyota

banzaitoyota

congrats!!! Your KARMA is good!

29. 1929rats

1929rats

Wish I could just find stuff like that here in the Northeast. Its all hidden somewhere.

Ditto......
    <!-- / message -->

30. Harms Way

Harms Way

Some Hot Rod Pals came up here yesterday to swap a couple cars,... so while they were here and willing to help :cool:, I got them to help me unload the 3/W body :D, when we went to put it on the frame it was apparent that the bracing the original owner had tacked (actually tacked, wedged, screwed and jambed) was way to narrow,.... so out came the "Hot Wrench" and we cut it loose,... then the body just sagged and fell over the frame, kind of jambing itself over the rails. :mad:

So first thing this morning I rig up a couple port-a-powers to spread the body just a little, and a couple cherry pickers and engine levelers,.... lifted the body, located the extra floor that came with the body set it in place,.... kept jacking the body around until the door gaps looked good and and all the corner to corner measurements were good (vertical and horizontal ) tacked in some new braces, then tacked it to the floor.

I had soaked the hinges and latches good with P.B. Blaster last night:D,..... so as the body sat back on the frame there was only one thing left to try,..:eek:,...... I got a hold of the door handle and started to twist it,... nothing happened :confused:, at first I thought maybe the latch was broke or I twisted the square rod off the handle:(,..... so I go to give the door a little tug and almost knocked myself over,.... no drop ! the door swung open fine ,..... so I go to close it,...... "click-click",.... no ride up ! :eek::eek::D:D,..... same thing on the other side :),..... I know that it still needs some more adjustment at the lower cowl,..... but this is all temporary until I can gather the parts for the old girl,..... She looked a lot happier when I shut off the lights today.

[​IMG]

And yes, thats (cracked) blue safety glass in the windshield.
    [​IMG]

I hope I'm not being a pest with this post,..... just thought some of you might be interested.