Register now to get rid of these ads!

Barn find 32 roadster Old HOT ROD. EAST COST NEED ID!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dusters swe, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Dusters swe

Dusters swe
    from Sweden

I try to find some info abute this Roadster. I found it on Lond Island in -07. I did put a add. And a man reply on the add:D. He diddint know muche aboute the car. He said it shuld be build in late 50´s and ben store sens the 70´s ?? The look at the car seams to mach what he told me. The boddy is channeld aboute 6inc in front and 12inc in rear.
    It have a mordrop axel and 42-48 brakes, One of a kind hairpins! The front shock mouts is welded in the frame and chromed. F100 steering box, Banjo rearend whit open driveshaft and hydralic brakes. Even the rear have some special hairpins like a 3 link, You can adjust in the front and rear to get a nother angel on the axel cool! They frame have bean Z in the rear, they have take two 32 frame and put the other one on top on the other one. Lots of frames those days:) The boddy is orginal apart from the flat firewall and the out side hingel on the trunk and the clow vent. The org dash have a insert whit 4 SW and a Sun tach whit a transmitter. The motor is a Olds Rocket. I dont know if the correct motor is a Olds, Caddy, Y block or a early Chevy:confused:. But the radiator fitt the exits. The radiator is in place in front of the A member. The rims on the car is 49-51 Mercury and the rear is reverse. I NEED some one how my be can help me find some info on the car I want to resto it like it was build!! So I need all the info I can get, fotos any thing that can help me whit this piece of history. To bring a real HOT ROD Alive again!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  2. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Cant help ya but thats awesome...good luck with it!!

3. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

Awesome find!!!

4. Preacher

Preacher
    Member Emeritus

5. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Holy crap! I don't know anything about it... except that it's cool as heck!:cool:

6. greaser57

greaser57
    from minnesota

So awesome.........................Rich

7. falfas55

falfas55

Congrats on your find. Keep us up on your progress.FALFA

8. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

That was a painful read....................

9. southpark

southpark
    BANNED

x2

but if i had to type up that story in swedish it wounldnt be much better. haha

10. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

neat old hot rod.

11. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Those old East Coast rides have their own flavor.
    The frame modification you are talking of is simply a good old-fashioned "ZEE"ing of the frame, that is, you make a 45 degree cut through the frame with upper cut being the rearwardmost of the cut points. Then the rear of the frame is placed on top of the front section lining up the cuts directly with each other. This lowers the forward part of the frame the thickness of the frame rail. Plates are welded on inside and outside of this joint and the open ends of the rails capped for a very strong joint.

12. greaser

greaser

Dusters, Thats a Great find!
    Hopefully, someone from the Long Island area remembers this treasure and will respond with some history.

13. RAY With

RAY With

Very good find and I hope someone can provide additional information.

14. I like what I see here but in looking it over and what I see, that may be all there is to it. To me it looks like one of those that never got any further than what you have. If othing shows up soon I'd just take it from where it is and do it in Old Flavor your own way. I just have trouble getting my head around anyone taking a complete car back to un-finished welds. Chassis not compleated, Body not sitting correctly on the frame. Personally I just think you made a good score on some Tin sitting on a Chassis.
    The Wizzard

15. Dusters swe

Dusters swe
    from Sweden

More fotos !!

Attached Files:

16. Very nice! Olds Rocket.

17. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Wow. I will remember the dash and look for that as I peruse ancient east coast rod magazines. Enloe on here is a dealer and has lots of the '50's-'60's east coast magazines, which are filled with cars with these sorts of modifications and amazing farmer welding!

18. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Holy cow, I guess they didn't bother with the box plates on the ZEE joint up east.

19. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Those welds were sold by the foot in the JC Whitney catalog so that people without welders could just install them with Elmer's Glue!

20. I think I see now what happened to the rear wheel to body fender line. To Z the frame it looks to have been cut and stacked then moved forward to have a good overlap for the weld joint. Maybe just un-do it and get the stock wheel base back.
    The Wizzard

Attached Files:

21. Geezzz, Check this out closely. It appears to have full stock rear frame horns and another 32 K member. You scored good my friend.
    The Wizzard

Attached Files:

22. Dusters swe

Dusters swe
    from Sweden

It seems that the car has been ready once upon a time, because all the fuel lines and electrical systems are still there, the tank is also retained. But I can not be sure. It might have been a drag racing car? I can not see any sign of an rollbar, but you never know.

23. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Two frames? I guess they weren't looking to save weight.

24. Standard32

Standard32
    from LA

Wow, I remember when that roadster was for sale...you bought it from Ron, right?

That car is so cool!!!... I wanted to buy it so bad....poor timing, I'd just bought something else and I was broke...that's the way it always goes...

I think about that car all the time...man I have the worst timing ever....

It sounds like you really appreciate the car for what it is...a REAL
    OLD HOT ROD!...

glad to see it went to someone who understands how cool of a car that is...

hope you can find some history on it...

if you get tired of that car, you're welcome to drop it off at my house!!!

25. Dusters swe

Dusters swe
    from Sweden

Hey the wheels are in the correct position, It has the correct wheelbase.

Attached Files:

26. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

yep, awesome find!!

27. S.F.

S.F.

28. killer score! cant wait to follow the progress and see the final product

29. Zombie Plymouth

Zombie Plymouth

30. Dusters swe

Dusters swe
    from Sweden