Register now to get rid of these ads!

Barefoot gas pedal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by von zipper, Sep 23, 2012.

1. I was never a surfer so I am probably wrong, but I thought goofy foot meant you were a lefty. That being the case wouldn't it need to be in a Brit car? :D:D:D

2. Jimv

Jimv

I think there very cool & 60's-ish.My friends car club uses them for club plaques.Pretty ingenious & available!
    JimV
    PS i forgot... "free Huey"!!

Attached Files:

3. Right arm man, outa state.

4. Say what you like I have sold some to members since this thread started....Guys just long for the things they dug when they were young..ever think about your old girl freind?? (she was better looking as you grow older) We still have more guys gettem while ther hot...(well sort of) pay-pal to [email protected] I wont tell anyone you bought em...

Speedys Garage and Model T1 like this.
  5. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

same thought i had

6. So what you're sayin' is that this thread is good for business and there's a lot of closet foot people on the H.A.M.B. :D

I knew it!

7. Exactly ...first its curb feelers and now its footies!!

8. Kelly,
    You may be correct about new bare foot peddles but I have seen a couple of my old girl friends and they didn't age well. :eek:

9. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

So, did you call a Toe Truck.

Sorry it was there...

Model T1 likes this.
  10. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

Must admit I have both, but they are buried in a box somewhere in the basement. Think I'll leave them there.

11. robber

robber

In surfing, common or regular is left foot forward... goofy is right foot forward. In driving, when you hit the gas and mash the throttle to the foor, which foot is forward? :rolleyes:

12. KIRK

KIRK

I have one I bought at a yard sale years ago. I don't think I will ever use it but I think it's cool. It's hanging in the garage, "Wall art"

13. Deuces

Deuces

So, ummm.... Who's Huey???..:confused:

14. slammed

slammed

Huey Long, Black Pather set up by THE MAN, baby.

15. Deuces

Deuces

Ok, now I remember... DOH!..:eek:
    Far'em out, right arm and solid!..:D

16. slammed

slammed

I was wrong. Sorry Deuce, it was Huey Newton. Huey Long was also done wrong wrong by THE MAN. Arm out for both. And yes I had a surfer foot on a '63 Impala wagon in '82, and one on a '56 Chevy wagon in '76! They fit a theme, its cool. But no 18" mag's on the old cars.

17. [​IMG]

18. zzford

zzford

Too Pep Boys Speed Shop for me.

19. teddyp

teddyp

my 50 chevy had both when i found it still have them

20. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Nope, I went to school at a time when one did actually learn something. Check out this Wiki link if in doubt:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedicure

21. robyyo

robyyo
    from Orange CA

I plan on putting one on my 69 Firebird when it's done, it'll go good with the Icarus,Zeppelin sticker that will be on the back window.

22. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

I've done the barefoot pedal in a number of cars from the time they first came out. Still have one on the tool bench with the dimmer foot too. But I had to switch to this to stop the giggles...............

[​IMG]

Model T1 likes this.
  23. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

I had one in my 66 Dodge Coronet in high school (in 1998) along with the Hurst T handle shifter. Pedal used to hang open all the time with it on. It was fun and I liked it. Not sure where it disappeared to in the last 10 years......

24. Mike

Mike

I have a collection of "goofy foot" gas pedals, any time I find one for less than $5, I buy it. I have them installed in most of my '60s style cars. One benifit of the "goofy foot" is that their wider surface area makes them more comfortable than most standard pedals, especially on long trips.

25. Huey Newton was really done wrong, he was at Henry Browning's house on Bowdoin St in San Francisco when the cop was shot in Oakland. But I don't doubt that it was a fellow Panther that did it, so if you go by Rico it is guilt by association. :D

They used to say that there is nothing more groovy than a corduroy condom. Sounds like that has nothing to do with a bare foot gas peddle but they said it in the same era.

You have both burried in a box in the basement, what a peddle and an old girl friend?

maaaaan I don't think I would have told that brother.

Model T1 likes this.
  26. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

My 60's pedal hangs on the wall in my garage....where it belongs. ;)

27. I have one on the cave wall...not the toes model but the general foot shape ...bolts to the floor with a linkage and all......had a change of heart about using it but I think it's funky and cool.
    That era must have been a
    blast...surfin...chicks ...longroofs........woodies.....
    vans...hot beach buggies.......free love....accelerator pedals that looked like cartoon feet.......:p

Sadly I was born 5 years to late ...and in the wrong country.:D

28. Waddaya mean "must have" or "have been"?

It's still crazy after all these years! :D

29. Haha, well said...if that was the music of your youth, I envy you greatly.:p

30. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

Hold the phone...people use these things?