Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical ***Banger Thanksgiving: November 2014 Banger Meet***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jiminy, Nov 2, 2014.

1. If I'm seeing things correctly, you have a V8 QC center section. If you are using a stock A torque tube, it's probably the culprit. The snout (where the torque tube bolts to the center section) on a VA banjo is longer than on an A unit. Just eyeballing the difference, it looks to be less than an inch.

2. Contact Artiki - he had to clock his bells to line up properly when he fitted his Kiwi QC.

3. fourd

fourd
    from Colorado

I found an old thread for Artiki, a bit corrupted and some critical info probably now gibberish. I received a pm that confirms your comment. Thanks hotrodfil.

I have a left over V8 Torque tube and will inspect. Thanks brett4christ.

My shackles are pretty bound up. I figured I better ask for assistance. Thanks just plain bill.

You guys are great!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. RussTee

RussTee

The meet seems very quiet this month!

Kjell Elias likes this.
  5. GASSERBOB

GASSERBOB
    from USA

Hi guys' hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.I introduced myself a few years back.But I never really posted any pictures or started any threads.Today is my first to post any photos. It seams pretty easy. The pictures are of my Banger 28 RPU .The work is still in progress. Sorry about the blurry pictures . It was 26 degrees in my shed today when they were taken. It made my new Firestones look bald.The banger is stock except for the carbs,intake and header. And some dress up items'.I put a new cam gear in. I didn't have it fired up since last summer. I put 12" Lincoln brakes on it. I'm just doing a little bit at a time. The next thing I want to do is install my new wiring harness and turn signal switch. I have a lot of pictures of it when I started on this project. The pictures today are the latest one's. I guess this is the correct place to post them! Let me know guys ,if it isn't. I don't want to get in trouble with the Boss. Thanks a lot . Talk to you later,Bob from PA. .................

Attached Files:

• 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • 006.JPG
      006.JPG
      File size:
      1 MB
      Views:
    • 009.JPG
      009.JPG
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • 010.JPG
      010.JPG
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • 011.JPG
      011.JPG
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • 020.JPG
      020.JPG
      File size:
      1 MB
      Views:
    • 016.JPG
      016.JPG
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • 019.JPG
      019.JPG
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • 007.JPG
      007.JPG
      File size:
      1 MB
      Views:
  6. I have the same set up. Clings adapter to a 39 trans and a Kiwi model A quick change.
    Derek set them up for cars that sit really low. My car is at stock height.
    I didn't know this until the rear end was already built with powder coated axle housings.
    I talked to Derek and he said it should be fine , to run it .
    The car now has a couple thousand miles on it with no problems.
    Soon I'll be installing my full oil pressure Diamond B engine with an OHV Cragar cross flow 4 port.
    Joe
    Phone pictures up to 4-3-14 022.jpg

7. Hey fourd, If yo have any questions please feel free to ask.
    you might even have a problem with your brake cross bar, I did!

8. Sorry I forgot to put these pictures in the last post. Phone pictures up to 4-3-14 024.jpg 015.jpg 059.jpg This is where the cross bar was hitting. Phone pictures up to 4-3-14 026.jpg

9. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

Your rear engine mounts are fagged out. Replace them and it will not hit the cross shaft

WACCUSTOMS.COM
    Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. Fagged out?:eek: lol.. It wasn't even close to it, until I put the rear end on it.
    I think it's because the drive shaft now attaches to the bottom of the rear center section.
    It's like putting a 4 inch lift kit on it.
    The rear mounts are n.o.s. cast aluminum Antique Rosemead Cali. mounts.
    I will check the rubber though when I change out the engine next month.
    Thanks for the suggestion!:D

11. Is there a link for the December meet?

12. Jiminy

Jiminy

13. I misspoke about Joe Panek making my crank. We're just tearing down a race engine that was put together over five years ago. Wonder of wonders! When I looked at the crank, it said: Crower! I guess I'm getting old.

Panek DID grind out the cam blank.