Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Banger : FAST speed meet Northwood Iowa

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brjnelson, Sep 14, 2008.

1. brjnelson

brjnelson

Saturday Sept 13 2008 Ford A Speed Tech North Chapter speed meet
    Race rained out :( meet held in the barn at the county fairgrounds
    First photo Glen Dyer is working on a RAJO head for someone, it looks like a reverse flow with 4 intakes & 4 exhausts (2 ports cut into block)
    Second photo Bill Scarince is building a Two Port with 2 Winfields
    Bill Stipe is allways working on 4 things at a time, 3 rd photo is his own oil pump and oil distribution block, 4th photo is a stroker crank and coumterweights, 5th photo is alloy inserts to replace babbit he is working on fixtures to make them for both A & B bearings, there was a car with the aluminium bearings installed at the meet.

Attached Files:

2. brjnelson

brjnelson

First photo is a guy all the way from Fla. I did not catch his name, but I did hear this 4 port run, it sounds mean, I wish I could have seen it race, it also has the hard to find Mallory with tach drive.
    Second and third photo is a pile of parts thrown together by Bill Divine and son, the hogshead is gutted out, so it is now an in/out box for dirttrackn, love the rimz da boyz r usin :D He is missing the mag for the engine.

Attached Files:

3. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

Thanks for posting the pictures.

Do you have more info on the oil pump / oil distribution block?

How much is the crank stroked?

4. brjnelson

brjnelson

Bill bought a new CNC machine to make shocks and oil pumps with, I think the pump had chevy gears inside and it fits the stock pan, there were other Hamb ers and lurkers there maybe they will post info.

Attached Files:

5. Did Dean make it down for that one? Still bummed I missed you out here!!!!!!!!!!

6. brjnelson

brjnelson

I think the crank is a 1/4 inch stroke, like my crank is. (crankshaft that is )

Dean Robertson gave a talk about using a mid 80's honda distributor, looked like an EZ one to adapt, he has one trigger a MSD box on most of his bangers.

7. VanHorton

VanHorton

wow there is some crazy stuff going on in this thread, can anyone shed any light on what's goin on with that first banger? besides the reverse induction i am very confused as to whats goin on with it hahaha... and where are the exhaust ports on the second banger?? excuse my ignorance, but i must know these things haha...

8. FORDY 6

FORDY 6

Damn...missed it again...maybe next year.

9. First picture is a "trick" motor(fooled alot of people). 2nd one has the exhaust ports taped up.