Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ball joint boot Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jrolla2k3, Jan 9, 2012.

1. jrolla2k3

jrolla2k3

So I got my TCI mustang II installed, and the only glitch is the boots on the ball joints on the upper control arms. The get flattened out so much by the spindle that they are no longer sealing against the ball joint. Now none of the boots are actually tightly sealed on the ball joints, they all are free to move, but as the pic shows, the uppers are waaaay open. What would be the cause of this? With a 1/8 spacer between the spindle and ball joint, the boot sits in a much better position. [​IMG][/url][/IMG]

Someone with a Mustang II chime in and tell me whats up!

Thanks!
    Jaison

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. jrolla2k3

jrolla2k3

Anybody got anything on this?

3. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

If you got everything from TCI you should contact them and address the problem.Show them the picture. Looks like the upper control arm is binding the ball joint way too far to work like it was designed for, not good. I see you bagged it and it appears to be fully inflated causing it to max out. You better give them a call.

4. ryno

ryno

unfortunately that's what you'll get with a limited travel mm2 front end and bags. these where set up to run parallel and only travel 2 " with a coil over.

ive done a few and everyone one does that.

5. jrolla2k3

jrolla2k3

So, all though not correct, this is the way it's going to be?