Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Balance bead's

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Model A Mark, Mar 16, 2018.

1. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

No worries, I get over that kind of stuff quite easily and move in a more positive direction.

Stogy likes this.
  2. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

No worries, I get over that kind of stuff quite easily and move in a more positive direction. Good luck with your project.
    i quit listening when she told me to “ shut up and listen “ I don’t do well when someone won’t let me finish what I was trying to explain. That was two years ago and until I read this thread I’d not given it any thought.

Stogy likes this.
  3. Anyone tried this DIY approach? could you do it with a 7" sanding disk and the wheel mounted on the car? Thoughts?

4. Did you get the beads and did they work?

5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

0_20180527_184038.jpg

There is no guarantee that they will kill the bounce but if it doesn't it may at least improve it. If your tires are Bias Ply similar size to mine amounts of beads will be 4 ounces per tire. I left my weights on and have noticed a marked improvement at speed and actually the full range. Above 68 mph there is still shaking. I haven't tried weights off yet. They didn't have the removal tool so I am giving it a exploratory run before I try them off.

I put 4 ounces of Dyna Beads of which I have no affiliation in each tube on the front tires. I jacked up wheels free turn tire so valve is at 9 to 10 o'clock, remove valve, all air out, thread their accessory bead installer bottle tube on, push on firmly full bottle and squeeze away a little at a time...tedious yes but it will go in. I did have a piece of bailing wire to push just thru the filler tube and valve to make sure its clear if it seemed jammed...Once all the beads were in tube and bottle off just run wire through valve (just through) and run around to make sure valve core threads are clear. Thread core in and fill to say 26psi and do other side. This took about an hour or so by the way. 4 ounces of beads does one tire at $12.95 per 4 ounces and the filler kit was $6. They have special cores as well at about $2 each but he said he doesn't bother with those himself...up to you I went without so far so good. By the way they say its helps to add vibration to the valve stem while filling to aid in the little beads flowing. One of those cheapo ladies toys worked really good for that...:D...sshhhhh don't tell anyone...:p.

I suppose another option is you can take the wheel right off the car and do it laying on its side as well...

Anyways worth a try in my books there should be suppliers of these all over the States. Some tire shops that carry these may do it for you at a reasonable cost but you fellas don't seem to mind getting your hands dirty (I did it myself)...Good luck.

One more thing I told them I was putting them in antique car tire tubes so that will ensure you get the right type of bead.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
    46international likes this.