Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bakersield Western Nationals

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevnut, Apr 28, 2007.

1. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

Drove up mid-afternoon yesterday to meet my buds and register.
    Boys weekend everyyear for the past 3 years. Tried some angle, artsy, even some arial pics. I am not a pro photographer by any means but I think some came out good and some so-so but I'll let you guys decide.

Oh yeah.. I shot a couple pic of a roadster that I think even our leader will like.

tried to be Hamb concious when posting. I do not want to offend just share my day.

Attached Files:

2. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

more

Attached Files:

3. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

more....:)

Attached Files:

4. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

I'll post more tomorrow . dont know if we have a limit in pics here but I have plenty more if you guys want. G'nite

5. That roadster is cool, especially with the top and rumble seat. Is it an A on a '32 frame with a '32 grill?

Thanks,
    Kurt

6. scootersnpie

scootersnpie

That Roadster was built complete by the owner with the exception of the machine work on the block and the upholstery. The guy that owns it is a long time Hot Rodder from Glendale CA. who has lived in Bakersfield for quite a number of years. I just can't say enough about his craftsmanship and the thing flies. I have ridden in it several times. I'll be out tomorrow in my banger 30 Coupe parked next to Bobs Roadster. Stop by and say hello.

7. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

more pics...my internet connection here in Bakersfield is intermittent, I'll definately post more when I get home. Here are some more while this connection is participating at the moment. Enjoy.

Attached Files:

8. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

more

Attached Files:

9. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

Last couple pics from yesterday... I'll post more if you guys want. I also am concerned about picture limits. Oh well.. G'nite.

Attached Files:

10. Nocturnal

Nocturnal
    from CO

Man I like that 32 Sedan, (right-click SAVE)...it could lose the door graphic, but I love the stance/chop. Thanks.

11. you read my mind...

12. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

This is always a GOOD and fun event! And LOTS of aftermarket vendors for parts to buy and look at. CW Moss always has low price goodies there.
    For those who don't know, the definition of a street rod as established many years ago when the National Street Rod Association began is any vehicle 1948 or older modified for hot rod performance. This was done because of 1949 major body style change which didn't fit the hot rod image then.
    NSRA event attendee car styles greatly vary from hi tech shiney big buck pro built rolling money pits to gassers to resto rods to rusto rods to retro rods to traditional rods from different eras, basically all sizes, shapes. and lots of unique survivers and home builts.
    Something for everyone, and rocknroll music too.
    They give a way almost 1 million bucks worth of supplier donated after market goodies, and a new Chevrolet at each event..
    Great food and cold beer!

13. edgeabilly

edgeabilly

Yes
    we loove pics:eek:

14. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

Scooter - It was nice to meet you , your A is too K:cool: :cool: L.

Been home since 9am, slept again:D , chilly 2hr drive due to mid heavy fog. I like it when the weather cooperates, kept car kool for a change from the hot couple days at the show. I'll post pics a little later this evening, going to clean the bugs splattered everywhere in front of the car .

15. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

Last couple sets..

Attached Files:

16. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

:):) :) :) :) :)

Attached Files: