Register now to get rid of these ads!

bakersfield auto swapmeet 8-2-2009

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PORTERVILLE, Jul 19, 2009.

1. who's goin ? the frist one was good .next one should be beter.

i met mousey marcelous of the winged express cool guy likes to tell stories
    gene winfield was there too
    and some guy named dirtimus thats latin for dirt .

2. Thanks for the info.

3. trad27

trad27

you got my attention :D were is it? what time? how much?

4. trad27

trad27

anybody know any info???????????

5. greazhonkey

greazhonkey

6. hanginlow58

hanginlow58

7. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

Bummer same day as the big Sacramento swap.

8. hanginlow58

hanginlow58

9. I'm going, and lookin forward to a new adventure.

10. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

I went and got some great deals!!! Got a chrome headlight bar, a raw steel headlight bar, and a pair of round spindles for $100 Anyone else get good scores????

Did a deal with Geoff, SN BAKERSFIELD, also met Duane, and hung out at Kiwi Konnection for awhile. Thanks to both you guys for the hospitality!

Also, the buffet at Buck Owens Crystal Palace was awesome, (thanks for the tip RoyalShifter!)

11. I got a small pile of good stuff too. It was definately worth the 95 mile drive

12. 30dodge

30dodge
    from Pahrump nv

All you Chevy guys would like it. Next one is on 11/22
    I got 2 real nice sets of head lights and a roadster windshield frame for less than a Ben Franklin.

13. Met some new people from down south. Scored some small parts. Saw the round spindles that one astrozombie got. Did you get the hydraulic backing plates also the guy had? Got some really old banger patches. A CRAGAR speed equipment patch and a RILEY patch from a really cool seller. Also called out Groucho when he walked up to my buddies seller table lol. I was all wow Groucho here for a swap? Thanked him for sharing the story about his artist buddy here with us on the hamb that was a good bit a bs'n. Told him my story about last swap when Gene Windfield walked up and caught me off gaurd about a steering wheel. That was a trip to trun around and see Gene Winfield standing there. Granted he lives less the 75 miles away but still lol. The heat shut it down earlier then everyone woulda liked but it was still good.-Weeks

14. I bought some 55/56 chevy widened rims w/goodyear blue streaks for $10
    some holley 94s, a mr. roadster tube axle w/chev spindles for $35
    and a harley tombstone tailight and panhead clutch cover $30

but i missed out on a single hillborn injector like a 2pot cut in half with sheet medal scoupe and plate to a gmc blower i didnt see it for myself but heard it was painted yellow if anyone knows the whereabouts of it please let me know ive also got one 1/2 of a 2 pot injector .

15. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Did you get it from the guy that had the "tree" of windshield frames??!! Ha, thats where they all got to, that guy is hoarding them all!!!

Weeks, I think it was you I stopped by and talked to at your booth.... I had the old crow shirt on.. I didnt pick up the backing plates, I already have a complete set of brakes and hubs so I didn't need them. shoulda picked them up though, his asking price was really good. I was surprised at the abundance of good stuff tucked away there. wish I would have gotten there earlier but got held up at Kiwi.... Not that thats a bad thing! I will make it early for the next one thats for sure.

16. Did Duane @ Kiwi's have some sort of "thing" that day?

17. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

No, I just stopped by to see his operation and got caught up in bullshitting!!

18. BAKERSFIELD

BAKERSFIELD

AstroZombie: It was nice to meet you too Josh! Anytime your in the area give me a call we can have a few beers! I am glad you found a few thing while at the swap! Thanks again for bring the wheels down to me!

19. trad27

trad27

That was a great swap, I got worried when I pulled up I seen big shiny rims and car sterios. I got my wide five drum I was looking for forever now for only $10, and two 1927 T windshield frames from the "windshield tree" for $15 for both. turned out to be a great day.:D

20. Yep that was me. If I have my car together for the next one you will see it there more then likely, but not for sale. It was good talking to you bud. I am sure we will see each other again at the next one.-Weeks

21. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

For sure man, good talking to you too. I hope to have mine on the road next summer. I'm still in the parts collecting phase!

22. I saw you yesterday and was like hm that guy seemed to know what he was buying when you bought that wide 5 drum. You got a V8 tattoo on your arm right? PM me about where to get it turned, I got a place that does it cheap. That was a very interesting set-up they had on the corner for sure with the frames. I bought some little parts from them.-Weeks

23. trad27

trad27

yup that was me.