Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Bakersfield Auto swap 11-22-09

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by trad27, Nov 6, 2009.

1. trad27

trad27

Who is going? Sunday November 22 starts at 7am rain or shine Bakersfield fair grounds, Belle Terrace entrance. Last one was good, it is worth going to. I did a search and didnt see anything so if there is another thread delete this one.

2. trad27

trad27

3. Ill be there slingin parts

4. joebuick

joebuick

I'm gonna try and make it but I will have to see how good my cars running.

5. CenValyCali

CenValyCali
    from Hanford

6. Got any of those austrialian frog mouth scoops still? That was you correct?-Weeks

7. CenValyCali

CenValyCali
    from Hanford

Week swap:D. 3 hour drive for nothing.

8. Yeah it was small but still some deals. A buddy bought an early v-8 shift knob for .50 cents. Has the FORD v-8 script engraved in it. I was disappointed that venders wanted such a premium on parts. Kinda felt like Pamona swapmeet was what one guy said to me, I concured towards the pricing but not the volume lol. Well hopefully next year will be better.-Weeks

9. 1st swapmeet ever for me. I picked up things I don't really need (1940 standard grill), and that won't fit (I thought the '37 rear bumper with brackets would fit my '40). I need to learn to barter a bit I guess. I am afraid of offering a bit too little and offending a seller. Oh well. I still had a good time looking at things.

10. CenValyCali

CenValyCali
    from Hanford

Yeah the prices were right, I just didn't find what I needed:D O well I had a good time. I'm headed to Turlock next.

11. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

I drove by the Irwindale Speedway swap last night to check out the set up. There was only about 20 vendors out there. I decided not to waste my time and money on this NEW swap that is trying to compete with Pomona.

I went to the last Bako swap, it was pretty weak then. I left with some wheels I got for $10 each. and some R12 for $5 a can.

12. trad27

trad27

I had a good time, prices were a bit high. Ended up getting a holley 4160 and a fuel pressure regulator that aperintly turned out to be a sprinkler, but no worries.

13. I had a feeling it was too good to be true, that and the play it had when you wiggled the knob was suspect. Wall hanger lol. Should see my wall of busted parts from the dirt track over the years, plus it has banger parts on it now too lol.-Weeks