Register now to get rid of these ads!

Baileigh is looking for ideas for a new contest / giveaway for the HAMB!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BAILEIGH INC, May 21, 2009.

1. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Hey guys, it's Shane from Baileigh here in Wiscosin.

We Need some ideas!!

As many of you know, we have had a couple contests here on the HAMB and have given away some metal fabrication equipment to support the Hot Rod crowd.

The HAMB crowd has been good to us. :D
    We are coming out with a couple new sheet metal shaping products and a tube bender that will be a perfect fit for the metal shaping and Hot Rod / restoration crowd.

[SIZE=+0]Deep Throat Foot Operated Shrinker / Stretcher with 6" Throat Depth[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+0]
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=351435

RDB-050 manual tube bender

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe7xkG70zsc

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3942768#post3942768

[SIZE=+0]Deep Throat Electric Bead Roller with 36" Throat & 16 gauge Capacity[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+0]http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3942774#post3942774[/SIZE]​

So, we are kicking around the idea of having another contest or giveaway. We would like some feedback from the HAMB crowd to come up with some creative ideas for a contest.

Got an idea? We are all ears.....

Out of these 3 machines, what one would be the better prize?

[/SIZE]

Last edited: May 26, 2009
  2. Glen

Glen

Its hard to beat a good Tech month.....we get what we want and the winner gets what they want.

3. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Agreed. Thanks Shane for doing this again!

4. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

As far as ideas go, I'll try to think up something. Something us backyard / no garage folk can get in on.

5. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Hows about best use of stock parts and other vehicle parts ?

6. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Hmmmmm :rolleyes:

That's kind of where I was heading. Although the Tech Months benefit everyone on the board. The last one we did was absolutely awesome. Everyone came out a winner on that one.

7. metalman

metalman

My vote is for tech month.

8. leachafreak

leachafreak
    from dayton,oh

something to include the guys just starting out fabing.

9. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

My Vote is for a contest where the person who has the most non-running projects without pissing off their intown neighbors wins!!!

I have a good head start!!

10. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

That's very kind of you to endorse a contest!
    Thanks for your generosity!

11. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha :)

12. How about a the best in process build that is going on here on the HAMB. I am sure most of the in process build and builders could benefit from your tools. just my .02

13. flatblackindustries

flatblackindustries
    from Ogden, UT

Thats a great idea. Scootermcrad would have a lock on that though.

14. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Well thats all well and good,,though you have guys on here with shops that are part Aerospace Lab / Dr. Office with every tool to make anything.
    Then you have the Garage guys,,,How would this be judged?

15. I don't know about that, I think there is some really trick stuff being done right now on the HAMB that is being done by back yard guys and not full blown shops. Let's hope this happens.

16. That's why these guys would be in charge of voting since they are the ones that are putting up the prize. I am sure it could be worked out that the little guy gets into the voting and not the cubic dollar "back yard shop". I am talking about chopper man or plowboy or someone like that. As much as love seeing Bass stuff or Sellers before he left I don't think they would be in since they do this for a living. I think it should be for the back yard/weekend/week night warrior who does this for enjoyment not to pay the bills.

17. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

yeah,,thats cool,,cause its the lil guy who could use the new tools

18. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

I added a little at the bottom of the original post.

19. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Let the winner choose from the 3 prizes ?

otherwise the tubing bender

20. my vote is for the bead roller.

21. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Choosing is a good idea. Thats what we did in the last two contests.

22. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Have some of you guys even paid attention during tech weeks? For the most part it has been the garage guys that have won more often than not. I don't think I've seen one of the shop owners win. I'd have to do some digging to confirm this. Getting all righteous about who should or shouldn't be allowed is kind of against the spirit in which this is all intended.

23. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

24. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

What??? Righteous has nothing to do with it,,where the hell do you get that from ? I read tons of Tech and seems to come from both sides but more often folks with well equip shops.. As for Tech week winners ,,no I have'nt paid attention to the winners ,for teh simple fact its all good info.

Any now one ever mentioned who should be allowed,, What was mention was to make sure it was even to all parties

The fact that already this seems to be going south and into some pissing match,,I'll just walk away ,,who cares,,this place is just getting ridiculous anymore

Your right ,,I'm wrong ,,Hope whatever is done someone gets a good machine they can use

oh and BTW Maybe next time before going off on someone you might want to read what they are talking about.. We were'nt talking about Tech it was in reply to this idea.

Last edited: May 21, 2009
  25. Glen

Glen

Didnt we vote on the last winner? If so, it doesnt really matter if its the coolest 4 axis CNC machine running in HD video, nobody would vote for it.

And if I remember correctly.....the voting turnout really sucked.

26. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

How about you guys do a RANDOM DRAWING from all the TECH submitted during the Tech week.
    If the moderators think its good enough to list it gets tossed into the drawing and then everyone that submits has a REAL chance to win.
    There are quite a few guys that just don't have the equipment to do thereally cool work some do here. Getting a shot at something as cool as these tools should bring out a lot of good ideas.

27. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

I like Tech Month, but I'd like to see some recognition for those without a well equiped shop. Lot's of people can do neat stuff with the right tools. Let's see an award for doing something with nothing. That guy deserves a new machine!

28. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

How about giving one away to a unemployed HAMBer that can't afford one now but could if they were working (like me).

How about something like taking a 4x8 sheet of steel and see who can be the most creative and make whatever they want out of it. The get a month to make it. Contest starts July 1st and completed project must be posted August 1st. People can post all at once or updated through the whole month. I think all at once would be best so nobody knows what anyone else is doing. Then when it is over there can be some sort of voting to help decide the winer with the final decision up to you, you are the one giving away the prize.

As far as what to give away, I would say let the winner choose what they want (give a couple options to choose from) as it would not help anyone to win something they already have.

29. Pitbullgoingpostal

Pitbullgoingpostal

I vote for J Man's idea. Sounds real good, "...taking a 4x8 sheet of steel and see who can be the most creative and make whatever they want out of it. They get a month to make it."

30. Lazer5000

Lazer5000

First off, thank you for sponsoring these "contests/give aways" it is much appreciated. I say you look for the best "junk yard queen" build. My kustom is pieced together from bone yards and Pick N' Pulls up and down the state. She's got Ford, Chevy, Buick, Dodge, Cadillac, Chrysler and even a Jeep part. Creative problem solving on the cheap!