Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bags Gone

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jalopy Joker, Oct 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KIRK!

KIRK!

The idea of adjustability in car height won't go anywhere. What will change is who has the best product to achieve it.

2. HRod 50

HRod 50

That must be a sarcastic comment, because why would a bagged car be a bad thing. New technology is just going to make it better and better.

3. I remember when people said that boob jobs were a passing fad........sooooooooooo glad they were wrong on that one!

4. VoodooChile

VoodooChile

Who knows....maybe electromagnetic ride-height adjustment will be next......hmmmm.....pulling out my notebook....scribble, scribble....nah...the flux capacitor needs to be tied to the muffler bearings.....shit...open headers....no muffler bearings.....scribble, scribble......one point twenty-one gigawatts????....scribble, scribble....little more frequency grease here....almost there.......

5. I love how people that dont have a airride setup can HATE on them...If you have never had one how can you dislike it..Granted if set up the correct way you will never have a problem..Dont be jelous i can roll my car 1" off the ground and it still rides like a stock CADILLAC.Been draging the reflectors off the frwy for 12 years..

6. Left Turn

Left Turn
    Member Emeritus
    from Omaha, NE

damn sooo somebodies all ready 4x4 an elky? damn.... Time to send the ol' Caballero in the field to the scrapper... and the blazer axles, and that 455 Olds... son of a bitch. I thought I was gonna start a new trend..

7. X2, I think Mr Noteboom's statement should end this thread, but since it won't------- lets hear from the rest of you:rolleyes:

8. Just another form of air bag aye ...:D

9. Shawn M

Shawn M

I have bags on one, static drop on another. I bagged my 53 because I had grown tired of the issues I was facing with the car being static dropped. I DO NOT regret bagging this car and it is A LOT more enjoyable to drive now. With that said, I think adjustable suspension is here to stay.

10. norm ricardo

norm ricardo

some of us need air bags because our roads and highways suck in California

11. slammed

slammed

Bag's are/will stay. Tubbed ride's were used and abused by the magazine's. Dude's like Scott Sullivan (Chezwiz) built cool, KILLER ride's. I still have my '77 SWB Chebby.

12. prost34

prost34

not a fad for me,lower the better,i dragged a dead animal,screwed up my grill shell etc. under my 34 ford, because it was set low without air ride,,,,
    my opinion is if you can hide it or make it look tastefull go for it,,

13. Paul

Paul
    Editor

who cares, isn't this supposed to be a traditional rod site?

14. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

geez...it's an innovation....just like manually lowering cars using a torch, modified springs/perches/blocks/spindles was how 'we' did in back before hydraulics and then pneumatics came along. Things are bound to change...not every change is an improvement, but much like the free market system, the participants will decide what works and what doesn't. Bags are what allows builders and owners to get cars 'in the weeds' or 'on the rockers' because that's the look they want....irrespective of how other folks feel. It's still "traditional" - just done in a newer way. Bumpers have been scraping since the first customizer attempted to make his car look sleeker and faster. At least the bags (and/or hydros) allow the drive to accomodate curbs and other road hazards that present themselves.

If we didn't use new 'tech' - nobody would have ever stuffed a hemi in between some A rails.

dj

15. El KaMiNo KiD

El KaMiNo KiD

I dont think bags belong on a 34'..

16. Zombie57Ranchero

Zombie57Ranchero

I dont see why so many people have been hating on bags lately!? Bagging my 57 was the best thing ive ever done, I cant imagine not having bags anymore! And theres nothing wrong with a nice layed out ride!

17. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Closed - upset too many with a simple question-on to other important stuff

18. Damn. I can't post here anymore.
    Jalopy Joker closed this thread.

19. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Unlike most people who run adjustable suspension. I run mine in the down position all the time and only lift it to clear when needed. I think the car looks better lower so thats how I drive it. To me its kinda half assed to runn around town all stock and lay it out when its time to park it. As for air ride I think its kinda lame. Nothing doest it for me like hydraulics.

Attached Files:

20. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

X51.:eek:

21. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

I don't know, nor care, but I have to say I just recently started hearing "static drop" referring to lowering a car with blocks I guess? I love that...."static drop", sounds so airplane-y technical!

22. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

hahaha!!

23. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

static drop..... a mini trucker term

24. BadLuck

BadLuck

yeah, i miss the days of charging 12 batteries, hydraulic fluid on the driveway, cylinders leaking, lower ball joints breaking... ahh those were the days!! :rolleyes: ive had both... and since hopping and 3 wheeling doesnt fit into the traditional hot rods and customs category... i thing air bags to adjust ride height do..

25. BadLuck

BadLuck

that right there is funny!:D blinker fluid has to be topped off as well....

26. A Rodder

A Rodder

I wish I had bags:)

27. Master of None

Master of None

+1 :rolleyes:

28. codeblu

codeblu

I'll probably get flamed for this, I think they look like crap on fenderless vehicles despite thier functionality. Wasn't the R&C Dream Truck bagged, half leaves and bags from AirLift..?

29. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Bags are for groceries.......just kidding.

30. BadLuck

BadLuck

nope.. you forgot the AND....
    "Spreading the gospel of traditional hot rods and customs to hoodlums world wide"
    Sheesh, Ryan has bags on one of his rides.. don't think he has a problem with it...:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.