Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bagging a 49 Chevy Sport coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by timbo, Mar 12, 2008.

1. timbo

timbo
    from PA

I have a stock 49 Chevy. Looking for someone here in eastern PA that can do an airbagging to it. LOTS of cool rides on here but so many on the west coast. Any help or leads would be appreciated. I live approx. 50 miles north of Philly.

Thanks
    Tim

2. Moloko

Moloko

I live in Allentown.... may know of a few places, but it's not hard to do yourself.

I have an article that was in low-rider last year that covered the whole process (I have the same car). Very minor modifications to the front.

For the rear, the only real way to do it is to convert to trailing arm. Some people will say to remove some of the leafs, but the stock leafs in these cars are shady enough as is, they don't need to loose any more structural integrity. Seeing how most things off S10's seem to fit these cars, its likely that a trailing arm kit for an S10 would fit in with little modification

3. Ruff T

Ruff T
    BANNED
    from NJ

Try Joe Sulpy in Ledgewood NJ. Web site is joesulpys.com. He helped me air bag my S-10 a few years ago. Can be pricey but does great work. He is probably about 1.5 to 2 hours from you.

4. timbo

timbo
    from PA

Thank you guys.......

5. There's a few different ways to do it, do you want to use stock parts such as the front suspension and rear? If you're interested in coming to NY I can help yah out.

6. five-duece-chevy

five-duece-chevy
    from PA

Hey, I've got a '52 here in Bethlehem. I'm also looking to bag it eventually, but I'll be doing it myself for sure. I got a couple friends that have bagged S10's (done right) and they'll steer me in the right direction.