Register now to get rid of these ads!

Baggin a Box

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MyBootsOnFire, Dec 26, 2005.

1. MyBootsOnFire

MyBootsOnFire

Hey folks, i'm probly going to be baggin the rear of my 50 Ford in the next few weeks here but i want to avoid the usual route. The usual 6(ish) inches of lift with the bags on the axle ain't gunna cut it so i want to go with a cantilever setup. I have a few idears but i've seen some pretty crazy designs out on the web too. If anyone has pics they could post of their own real world setups and what's worked and what they would change i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

2. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

I'll look through my pics to see what I got. Out of curiousity, why will you need the additional height of a lever set-up? Unless you need to untuck huge diameter wheels/tires to turn, I can't think of why.

One big downside is that your ride height will also be raised considerably, and could make it look 4x4ish. Again, I'm not in any way cutting on you, just curious. Again. I'll look through my pics. You might wanna check out the s10forum, or some minitrucking sites for lever set-up pics. Some of those guys do some pretty crazy stuff

3. 122wagon

122wagon
    from nowhere

all ya gotta do is move the bag mounts forward more on your lower bars. but in doing this you will need either stronger bars or some kind of gusset on the bottom of the bar. you can still lay as low if you set the bag to the inside of the frame rail rather than directly under.

4. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

That would be way easier then a true canti set-up, as you'd prolly have to lose most of your trunk floor to clear the canti bars. As a rule of thumb for mounting bags to the bars, don't mount the bags closer to the pivot point then the middle of the bar. Mounting too close to the pivot point poses all sorts of troubles. At the mid-point the ride will be nice and soft, softer then an over axle set-up would be.

5. MyBootsOnFire

MyBootsOnFire

I don't really need huge amounts of lift, i've set up a couple cars in the past with a typical bag on the axle set up and just wasn't that impressed. Even fully aired up they're still not all that high. As far as cuttin into the floor, not really a problem i have to redo the whole floor anyways and i'm chuckin the back seat. I understand the basic concept of relocatin the bags to the arms but i was checkin out Kp Components 6 link kit and thought it looked pretty trick so i was wondering if there was something i was overlooking?

Attached Files: