Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bad Weekend.. 1934 Chevy Parts Needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by John T., May 19, 2013.

1. John T.

John T.

I took a buddy for a ride Friday night and when I dropped the clutch like I have many times before the car didn't move. I had a buddy come get me with a truck and trailer (the first time the car ever came home on a trailer:().

We unloaded the car and realized that the trailer door hit the parachute and bent the supports and did a bunch of damage to the rear panel.
    <O:p</O:p
    In the rearend I tore some teeth off the spider gears. I want to put a spool in the car and a taller gear anyhow so that is no big deal. As far as the body goes does anybody have or know where can I find another piece of metal for this? The body is a 1934 Chevy Master.

Here is some video:<O:p></O:p>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL-_-MozbyM

The body part:

Attached Files:

2. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

There is a guy in Canada that has a thread about saving a 34 Chevy coupe in the restoration project section of the AACA forums that might be able to help you,he took 3 or 4 cars to save his coupe so he might have some extra body parts laying around.

3. aircoup

aircoup

fix it , unless you dont have any body work skills,,,, ??

4. 33sporttruck

33sporttruck

A good Fab-Shop can make that Panel PDQ................ Jeff

5. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Coming from a body shop background I would repair it being steel.

6. John T.

John T.

There is 4 pretty heavy creases, I know it can be pounded out but my first choice would be to see if I can find a new panel. I think in order for it to be pounded out the panel needs cut off anyhow.