So, I go to start my car, turn the key...nothing. No gauges, fuel pump, fan, headlights...nothing. I check all the grounds, battery terminals...all clean and solid. I got out the multi-meter and checked the juice in the battery...good. I checked the juice at the solenoid and the hot wire going to the ignition switch, all good. I made a little wire jumper from the hot post on the switch(from the battery) to the ignition side, nothing happened. I did the same to the accessories side, it made a few sparks and the gauges energized. Then, I put it back on the ignition side of the switch and it all powered up...the starter button was workable, headlights could come on, fan and fuel pump were working. I started the car, everything seems ok now. Could the ignition switch have been stuck in a weird limbo inside the switch? Or maybe some sort of pole reversal or oddity that needed the jumper wire to bump it back into place? I'm pretty sure an internal problem in a faulty ignition switch(or the hot wire leading to it) could cause I whole car to shut down...right?