Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods bad experience with jw rod garage.please read

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rosswo, May 12, 2018.

1. Muttley

Muttley

It is if you paid good money for a product that's sub-standard. If you went to a restaurant and bought a hamburger and they served it to you raw would you just say 'oh well, I'll just go home and cook it, no big deal'? I doubt it.

kadillackid, tommyd, X38 and 2 others like this.
  2. rosswo

rosswo
    from minnesota

3. The way my boss runs the company is one of the reasons I’ve stuck around.

Everyone and every company is going to make mistakes. It’s how you handle them that shows what type of person you are.When we fuck up as a company it’s all hands on deck,we get it fixed, get the customer a new one, a free loaner untill there’s is done right. Basically what ever it takes to make it right.
    My boss does not like fuck ups, but he looks at them as a moment to shine and show the customer how we stand behind what we do and we will do what it takes to make it right.

Do a good job 20 times in a row no one say peep, fuck up once and don’t own it and make it right, well, you get this thread.

Find out who runs the joint and talk to them.

4. clem

clem

Not that you asked,
    But,
    Another way to fix it would be to use heat and tweak it to the required 7degrees.

Sometimes when you don’t get the service that you paid for, you end up fixing it yourself anyway.

5. lostmind

lostmind

Did you pay with a credit card? Open a dispute, it will get their attention.

Muttley and prewarcars4me like this.
  6. A Boner

A Boner

How did this end up?

5window likes this.
  7. blazedogs

blazedogs

JW Rod Shop in Wisc

Had very good luck with them & very courteous
    Toured their shop , many frames to chose from and very professional built. All built on sight USA, A big buck operation. Next time your in their area ask for a tour.. Gene

continentaljohn likes this.
  8. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I know of a local here who had a frame built in a shop jig and wasn't happy with the result, similar to your experience. He took the frame to another [well credentialed] shop with another jig and established that it wouldn't even bolt directly into it's jig given that it's been utilised many times to produce a plethora of quality frames over time. Sounds like they've dropped the ball and there is no quality control measure in place. Blatantly obvious to the naked eye that it's not correct. As stated set up frame at ride height. I'd suggest measuring lengths and diagonals for peace of mind to ensure correctness and no future headaches.

9. mopacltd

mopacltd

Anyone find out how or if this has been resolved?