Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Bad experience with Johhny Law Motors

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oj, May 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oj

oj

Just a headsup, I bought 3 cast ribbed fuel logs from them. When I attempted to use one the threads were horrible, they were so bad I couldn't run a tap thru to clean them up. All three were the same. I emailed them and explained what was wrong expecting them to get right back, apologize and make things right. I didn't hear anything. A week later I emailed again. Still no response. A week later I emailed the 3rd time and insisted they respond. Still nothing. Today I joined Facebook and went to the Johnny Law website and posted an accurate review of their product and lack of response from customer service (I had also called and was unable to speak to any body on 2 occasions before I emailed). I made the 'poor' review this morning and I went back this afternoon and was unable to find my review.
    I believe they are part of the Hoffman Group, beware.
    The item I purchased was the 'Vintage Parts' VPAFDBA2 3 Port Finned Distribution Block.
    Anybody else have experience with them?

loudbang likes this.
  2. linechaser32

linechaser32
    from Iowa

3. Good to know.Sorry for your grief,thanx for the heads up.

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

did you pay with a credit card? see if you can cancel he charge.

5. Yes, they are a Hoffman group company. It shows doesn't it?

6. There's several threads here listing all the Hoffman Group companies - should all be on everybody's
    "Do Not Call" list....................................................

7. Rckt98

Rckt98

Find the thread about the dangerous steering columns they were selling to see what the Hoffman group is really like.

8. junk junk junk and more junk :(

Billybobdad likes this.
  9. Disclaimer: My name is Hoffman and I ain't related no way no how. Not guilty.

10. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Columbo.jpg "yeah, yeah....sure......but, ya know, I gotta check it out just the same........... just routine...........you understand?"

11. Gene Boul

Gene Boul

Now thats funny...
    Columbo not the poster...just sayin!

12. verde742

verde742

My name is HUFFman, no relation.

I just wonder why that group doesn't do things the right way..

13. oj

oj

An update, I went to their facebook page and did find my comments. They did not delete it, they didn't respond either.
    I don't think they care, customer satisfaction isn't part of their business model I guess.

14. Johnny Law Motors huh. Did you try "hands up don't shoot,"?

Thanks for the heads up.

fsae0607 and 56don like this.
  15. AmishMike

AmishMike

What 49ratfink said.. Use credit card - call card company and cancel charge. Different supplier but worked for me on $800 parts, one of which was pure junk. Called couple times, returned part, still no help. Canceled charge, got new part in mail week later, much better quality. Let them sit for few weeks until got call from credit card company asking if could put charge through. Good lesson will use again if needed.

16. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I have to wonder how companies like this stay in business. There is so much bad press, doesn't anyone read? What happens to all these bad (or dangerous) parts ? Are they out there running or did they simply get trashed? This particular company advertises in all the magazines. Do they sell THAT MUCH to keep going??? I just don't get it.

verde742 and patmanta like this.
  17. "Running from Johnny Law" (Motors)

patmanta likes this.
  18. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This may be of some help to identify who not to deal with. Surprised ,Even got Summit in there as a retailer. Where does it stop?
    http://www.thehoffmangroup.com/

19. BJR

BJR

Black cars matter!

doinbad, loudbang and hotrodtodd1960 like this.
  20. chopt31

chopt31

I think they sell junk on ebay too, hot rod shop liquidation

21. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

Bought a few Hoffman products years ago until I learned the hard way...its all junk.
    Really surprised there hasn't been lawsuits after reading all the complaints.

22. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

I am glad I read this post because my brother is planning on buying a door popper set from JL. I am going to tell him to avoid them. 2 questions: What or Who is the Hamilton Group? Who sells a decent door popper set?

23. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

I used Spal and am very happy.Just hope its not Hoffman....I think theirs is Autoloc

24. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

They sell unsafe garbage. I bought a pair of front u bolts from them with nuts that ROCKED on the threads. The shit they sell could kill someone!

25. 36 coupe

36 coupe
    BANNED

slack and stealthcruiser like this.
  26. Hoffman Group = Bad juju.

27. southerncad

southerncad

And damn sure don't be stupid and sign up for their electronic newsletter.....unless you want to start getting about 30 junk/spam e-mails daily! Don't ask how I know...

28. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Big advertising budget and too many guys hunting a bargain part without doing research before spending the coin or not wanting to believe the endless pages on the poor quality of their parts.

Welder Joe (s) is another of their Ebay back door outlets.
    I'm guilty of thinking I could save a few bucks by buying one of their Helix "universal" crossmembers from Welder Joe for 175.00 ebay price. It still hasn't been installed on anything
    [​IMG]
    Sloppy crude welds
    [​IMG]
    Welds ground through in several places
    The front end won't go in the 48 and will probably get used in a light weight OT roadster with a dohc 4 banger someday. After my son does a lot of rewelding on it.

29. Roger53

Roger53

Thanks for posting the link for them bookmarked! Now I know why a frontend that I did for a customer was so bad he'd already had it. Thanks again. Roger

30. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

About all the Hoffman group sells worth a crap is small stuff like wire loom, and you have to watch what you buy there. I wouldn't buy any safety critical part from them, just too risky.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.