Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bad business?? Or is it just me?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slick bastard, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Country Gent

Country Gent
    BANNED

Man o man, your are getting in deeper and deeper. "The car is nothing special but special to you". That even makes it worse. In the beginning of this thread you mentioned that you would have to travel a couple of hours to get there,like it's too far away and now you are saying " I did hang around a FEW TIMES to watch other work" But now that you are getting screwed royalty, it's too far to go. Obviously you were there to take the picture, and you still didn't ask WTF is this for $5300 - $5500?? And here's the icing, work he CLAIMED TO HAVE DONE> 8 pages and I'm not going to make it 9. I am out of here.

2. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

I am sorry for you if you really got screwed here, But I have to call bullshit on this, As no "reputable shop" would put their name on that, And tapering the rails is not a custom feature!....It is required so the frame does not look like shit!...drilled and tubes installed would be a custom feature.

3. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

I am right behind you!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  4. Slick bastard

Slick bastard

I was there only because I was in town for other events such as lonestar roundup.
    I also didn't take that picture. It is one that they emailed me to show the progress of the frame.

5. Slick bastard

Slick bastard

I just assumed the shop as a reputable shop because of the awards won on some of their work and their press exposure. They are also a vendor at he roundup. I thought too much and didn't research enough

6. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

So they are located in Austin?

7. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

BIG-JIM has also left the building.

8. Slick bastard

Slick bastard

Yes they are in Austin Tx

9. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Man I have just about went through the whole list of Alliance Vendors and So far have only found one Located in Austin TX, And it is real hard to believe that with all the exposure and New TV series, That they would risk doing bad business on a deal like this.

10. deto

deto

Haha I just got done doing the same thing... I googled it and came up with another possible suspect..

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

11. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

Cow town, you probably need to go over the 8 pages, the perp is on here, but it's not A.S.S. he's probably not even an Alliance member. Hope you get this sorted soon.

Scotty

12. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

he signed out right after I posted that, So I think he is full of shit!....Or he did not realize he gave enough info that we could figure it out? either way I could give a shit, I was just bored and had nothing better to do at 2AM in the morning...LOL

13. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

I don't think it is A.S.S!!....I think this whole thread is a bunch of made up bullshit!.....But the only Alliance vendor (which he said the shop was) I found in Austin, was A.S.S

14. deto

deto

Something just isn't adding up here, like the chassis table with ironing board structural integrity...

15. deto

deto

And yeah it's midnight and I'm bored too

16. Sounds like ya' got hosed.

Did a chassis with roll cage that left our shop as a roller that was featured in HRM for labor costs of about 2/3rds of what you're getting screwed on.

AND.........you're capable of doing the work yourself. At the beginning of this thread I felt sympathetic. I don't now.

You'd be better off to change your name here from "Slick Bastard" to Stupid Bastard.

I hate to blame the victim, but e-mails can evaporate into cyberspace quicker than your hard earned money. Two hours away. I'd be camping out at their place.

Give them a chance to make it right? One year Feb 5th? That chance came and went.

17. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

I know right....Who welds up a frame on bed rails?:rolleyes::D

18. deto

deto

I'm hitting the hay. OP just signed out. We're not gonna get a name tonight. I will check back in tomorrow morning

19. Only person i can think of is Mercury Charlie in austin besides ass. and from the frame pic with the red around the roll up door it looks like his shop . just sayin but could be totally wrong

20. wex65

wex65
    from WV

You could be right kyle paul, the red post outside the shop certainly looks to be the same...

Sorry to hear you are having this much trouble on a frame. Hope it works out well although it doesn't sound like it will. ALWAYS get a detailed contreact and payment schedule IN WRITING...

This will go one of two ways, a) you walk away and chalk it up to life experience or b) attorneys get involved. If this what they produce AND they have money troubles I would opt for a. Best of luck.

Paul

Attached Files:

• MC2.jpg
      MC2.jpg
      File size:
      53.3 KB
      Views:
    • MC1.jpg
      MC1.jpg
      File size:
      75.9 KB
      Views:
  21. Said it before....I'll say it again.

- They won't return emails.

- They keep coming back to you, like an ATM machine, for more and more money with no results.

- Friends have stopped by and found padlocked doors.

- They've told you that the Feds are after them for some reason.

If all that is true.....they're going out of business....SOON. There's most likely no money there to be refunded to you, and what you're showing in that photo is nothing special. (Heck...I SUCK at welding....6 year old girls stop by and laugh at my fabrication skills....and I could create what I see there for less than $500)

If it were me, I'd pay a lawyer a small amount to send a nasty letter, and then forget about it. (That way he might send you a partial refund when he sells his tools.)

22. Well that was 30 min. of my life I'll never get back.

23. GeoZ1

GeoZ1
    BANNED
    from Illinois

24. motorcade 1

motorcade 1

Interesting reading my only thoughts are for the OP to name the name or drop it. And I dont think its cool to throw Mercury Charlies name in there even if his door jambs are red and the post outside the door is red and the fence looks to be in the same spot and the shelves on the wall are in the same spot and he is from Austin.

25. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

Yeah that's all just a coincidence.:rolleyes:

26. RUSTFLAVORED

RUSTFLAVORED

So, I just wasted a half hour of my life reading this and couldn't help but notice in the picture in post 133 there is a pretty bad ass 49-50 ford next to a frame that slick "made and sold for 500.00". And my thoughts were, did the owner of that ford (who obviously knows what it takes to get a car done) not laugh, point, and throw things at you? And hey, Big Jim, as a former Bostonian I have to tell you, that's what I miss about "our" people. You cracked me up. But this whole story sounds like B.S to me.

27. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Ok, we have a winner. :) Or a loser as it may be.
    Mercury Charlies is the shop without a doubt.
    The red post does it.

I think I agree on the name change to Stupid Bastard however.

This whole thread just wasted some of my own shop time. :(

28. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Mercury Charlies sign looks like it's worth more than what you have in your frame, just sayin..............
    Would be nice to hear the other side since we have 9 pages of the OP's

29. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

I do not know who "Mercury Charlie" is, I think I remember seeing a classifed ad of a badass Merc for sale on ebay for like $350,000.00 or some crazy number like that, And if Memory serves it was owned or once owned by a Mercury Charlie, But I could be mistaken. Those 2 pics posted above are of the same place without a doubt. You can tell by the dent in the post, And hell that same batt charger is sitting right in the door. I do not believe what has been said here, As $5300.00 is way out of line for what is sitting on top of the bed rail cart, The builder should have used the 2 X 4 tubing that this frame is made of towards building a decent frame table for himself. Just my opinion anyhow

30. 117harv

117harv

MC was last on November 21 and has a few prominent HAMBer friends that have been online since this thread started. He should know of this thread shortly, I would like to hear the other side of the deal/story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.