Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects ~~~Bad Bob's New Project!~ Chopped '60 Pick-up "Blue Balls"~~~

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, May 6, 2013.

1. chaddilac

chaddilac

You sure that ain't blue painters tape?? :D

2. I used Safety Blue for the base,then Roth "Blue Balls" Rattlebomb flake over it. They compliment each other great!

3. GaryC.

GaryC.

That's a neat truck Bad Bob!
    I couldn't resist throwing in my two cents!

Attached Files:

4. Bob , truck is looking better every time I check the thread , well done.
    One question though, are the front mounts on the leaf springs gusseted ?

5. Yes...thanks for asking.

6. That's great Gary! Thanks....I like the grill. Unfortunately,the previous owner welded in the peice that goes all the way across with the lights in it. So,I would have to cut it off to get to the grill. Too much work for what it is...a daily driver. It's pretty rough. I'm just trying to have a little fun with it.

7. Gonna pick up some more paint and flake so I can try to get the whole drivers side done today....

8. chaddilac

chaddilac

Are you literally driving this around... If so I bet you get some looks!! hahaha

9. I like what you are doing with the truck Bobbert.

10. Well...I used to drive my Merc as my daily,then I got the '38 Pick-up,then the orange thing,so now it's this truck. Nice not having to drive the Merc everyday. Was always worried about one of those,"no insurance" guys hitting me!

11. chaddilac

chaddilac

Maybe everyone thinks you're the n"o insurance" guy!! Hahaha

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. haha....could be!

13. I liked the Electric Kool Aid Acid Trip Candy Tangerine Flake Baby Buick better :D

14. Really? Nobody liked that car but me and the guy who traded me....haha

15. I like the fact that there are only 3 of us Kool Kids ;)

16. Stopped after work and got the windows tinted blue. You can barely my granddaughter,Second-Hand Rose,in the rear window...
    I LOVE it!!!

Attached Files:

17. Panel paint is on hold,til more flake comes in. I bought the last can...

18. ryno

ryno

looking good. that tint will mess with your eyes,escepially at night time. im sure the blue will be better then my old red tint.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. OO...that red is freaky! The blue isn't bad at all.

20. mikes51

mikes51

That red tint was cool in the sixties, even looked for a pair of sunglasses in red.

Anyway back to the present, nice work on that treadplate. You must have a giant shear, over 4 foot capacity?
    that is pretty guick work for 3 1/2 hours.

21. Actually Schorr Metals cut it for me. I took all the measurements,minus 1/8". Then I cut the notches around the tires. Gonna finish it this weekend.

22. Shipper Sel

Shipper Sel
    from SoCal

I told you I was looking for a '57. But I dig this one.... When's it coming up for sale again???

23. Gonna keep this one for a while.

24. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

I had a truck with red tinted windows, you gotta watch it cause headlights register as tail lights when your not really thinking about it. I finally got rid of the red side windows and just kept the back window.

25. WOW......it looks sooo much better with the blue tint, your moving pretty fast on your new project......

26. Thanks Craig....
    Plans for the weekend;
    Paint the dash and doors
    Finish the diamond plate
    Paint front plate
    Add air shocks
    New plugs
    Speedo cable
    Make paterns for bumpers
    Change steering wheel
    Adjust steering box
    Buy gold paint
    Buy lace
    Buy blue resin knobs
    buy airbrush and stencils(fish scales)

Think that's it...

27. chaddilac

chaddilac

You're gettin a lot done!! That's awesome, how long you gonna keep this one?

I Just noticed they shaved the drip rails when they chopped it!

28. Actually,the drip rails are still on it. I plan on keeping it for a while. I have always had a truck,so when the '38 went away,I started looking for another one. I have a '93 Chevy 1/2 ton,lowered,etc,like they did back in the 90's,but I would rather drive something older. FUCKIN HATE smogging cars and computer shit! Give me an old vehicle any day....

I'm trying to get it as close to my vision, "quickly",cause you never know when things change and you have to sell something. Starting on a '63 falcon Gasser this summer. Want it done by Mooneyes,so maybe I can race KiwiKev,haha....

29. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Dang Bob, all this and a gasser too? COOL...maybe we'll get you up to Rocky's meet at Eagle Field.

Last edited: May 24, 2013
  30. 29Coupe

29Coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Bob, this is sorta what I was talking about yesterday. Doing a gold mesh grille possibly over what is existing/welded in (I took this pic from Kripfink's thread).

-Jeremy

Attached Files: