Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Bad Bob and JustplainJ survive Bonneville...LITERALLY!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Jim took all the action shots. He had this HUGE lense. He'll post em soon...

As you can see....he paces himself! hahaha

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  2. [​IMG]

The Branch Supervisor and the Branch Manager.....

3. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  4. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Glad you are alright Bob....heat stroke is nothing to play around with! Thank you for all your hard work and for posting all the images. Very cool stuff and it never gets old. Good shot of Tom, Diana and the newest, and cutest... "Bean" sprout...Dahlia!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  5. The truck looks great.

6. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

Bob thanks for being alive..and thanks for posting. your threads are always good fun!

-palle

7. Geeze man! Glad ya made back! hope your feeling better!

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn Bob, way to scare the crap out of us.

The photos are great and well appreciated as I like many others have been waiting for the Bad Bob went to Bonneville thread but didn't think it would start like that.

Sometimes we forget that we need to drink WATER or a Gatorade style electrolyte replacing drink rather than our regular sodas or our other beverage of choice so we can replace the liquids we loose rather than contribute to that loss.

And sometimes we build a hot rod that just flat doesn't have enough ventilation through the interior or enough insulation on the floor, firewall or roof to deal with the heat. I've been guilty of that one myself.

9. Shit Dude, That's enough to open your eyes!

A few years ago we were riding the Harley's to Wyoming, then down to Colorado from the OC. A bit north of Vegas, we stopped for gas. My wife got off her bike and didn't look so good. Said she didn't feel right either. We gassed up and walked in to the Micky D's and she went to the rest room to cool off with some water. She came back out and started drinking some water and eating some fries. She still looked like crap, but we didn't really know what was wrong. She was kind of mumbling and all of a sudden she got glassy eyed and passed out. Scared the shit out of us. We got some ice and wet towels and got her cooled down and she came back around. Slowly she started felling better but was a little slurred in the speech. After about 4 hours she seemed to be doing well and we mounted up and rode to Utah. That might we found out it had been 116° and her black helmet wasn't helping. We didn't know that she had suffered heat stroke by talking to some paramedics, just didn't know anything about it. They said she was 'That Close" to cashing it it!
    I guess the moral is, don't take that heat shit lightly and there is a reason that the veterans wear long sleeve light colored shirts and big goofy hats instead of trying to look cool (no pun). You won't look so cool when you're lying there Dead!
    And from her experience I can tell you from now on you will be more susceptible to heat related illness the rest of your life, so take it seriously!

10. ,jdjfxkvgh

Attached Files:

11. ....

Attached Files:

12. The37Kid

The37Kid

Any info on this old I beam springer equiped bike? Bob [​IMG]

13. gjljhg

Attached Files:

14. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

even a brush with death won't hamper the ol' horndog within...:)

[​IMG]

15. No. I think he runs at ElMirage also,so if I see him again,i'll get you some info.

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks Bob, That bike has the "Bombshell Betty" look, I really like it. Bob

17. Stopped by Tim's pit's and ran into Tman,BigMac,LittleMac,Jerry from Phoenix,and a few more HAMBers...Great bunch of guys.

Attached Files:

18. The37Kid

The37Kid

Bob, This should be a good Big Hat Cold Water reminder. Bob [​IMG]

19. vendetta

vendetta

looks like one of shinya kamuras builds-http://www.chabottengineering.com/menu.html

20. haha I might be down but i'm not out!!!

21. I think it is.

22. hgdkjh

Attached Files:

23. Met up with Bobby at the short course and took some pic's and he let me push the tank up in line. It was cool...

Attached Files:

24. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Glad ya made it ok, Great pics Bob! Heat stroke aint nothing to take lightly, I've worked out in the sun most of my life and the statement "Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate, What your body don't use you can piss out later" was drilled in to me from the start. Needless to say we did drink a lot of beer in those days to.:D

25. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

that's from hours of Bobs stories.... "and one time at band camp"

26. This bitchin red truck belongs to a HAMBer....

Bobby was getting to run but a gal on a bike went down and shut down the racing for a while. Broken ribs and a broken collarbone.

Attached Files:

27. Hey! That was HAMB Camp.....
    Put up you badass speed shots!!!

28. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]