Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Bad Bob and JustplainJ survive Bonneville...LITERALLY!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Aug 18, 2012.

1. We need to get you a cooler with gatorade ?!?!?! and you bitch at me for no cell phone. We don't this to be the eulogy pic.

[​IMG]

Nice save Jay, Eric and Paul.

2. You mean these? I go walking toward Tech and here comes the historical Ford and who's behind the wheel.....CURBSPEED!!!!! I was thinking..."WTF! how did you get to drive that?" He says,"It's good to know people..." hahaha I was SOOOOO jealous.

Attached Files:

3. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

Glad your O.K. BOB, I live my California life that I miss so much thru YOUR PICTURES, don't want to lose out on you just yet. But if it wasn't for this happening, as somehow I got the link on FB and I was able to "FRIEND" you there. I don't know how many incarnations of BAD BOB I searched on that damn FB thing but I finally gave up!!! Again, glad your O.K.!!!
    Ken

4. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Dude! That is some scary stuff Bob. Im glad it worked out for the best. I always get a kick out of you threads. Im a Washington guy dehydration is the last thing on my mind. I'm pickin up a damn cooler to put in the truck

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

so I'm cruisin through the shots thinking "cool" .."Nice!!'' "good shot" then I said "oooooh!" and had to stop and repost this one. got any other angles?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  6. Look for Bob Rhoades on facebook. What's your last name?
    Thanks for the kind words.

7. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

It's Ken Carvalho. I sent you a request, you accepted it already...Thanks, I'm pretty new to that F.B. stuff!

8. von zipper

von zipper

Glad you didn't become a Ghost!!!!

Attached Files:

9. Damn, after looking at that picture I seriously need to loose some weight. Looks like I got a melon head. Really, I'm not that fat. Us Swedes just carry it in our faces. That was one of the highlights of the trip driving my all time favorite custom. I have been friends with the owner Don Richardson for years. Blew me away when he said," The keys are in , take it for a spin as long as you want". I would be still driving it if I could get away with it. The car drives like pure butter. I was shocked. There is a reason he drives it to Bonneville. Ruler!

10. The orange and tan T is 73 year old Stan Johnson's and he's running a 1956 Olds engine... he's one of many from Wisconsin running there.

Nice shots!

Attached Files:

11. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

I don't know you, Bob, but glad you're still upright. You're kind of like a diplomat of sorts. I'm real paranoid about being out alone somewhere and, well, dying. Traveling with a co-pilot or at least in a caravan is always a good way to go. And yeah, lots of fluids and clothing and sun block. Maybe our forefathers didn't go in for all that namby-pamby stuff...I'm cool with that.

12. 63Compact

63Compact

Damn Bob glad youre OK, it was nice to finally meet you and J. Glad it wont be the last! Oh and thanks for the Pics.

13. Roadsterpu

Roadsterpu

Bob, glad you are safe at home and recovering. next time you should have the windows down for ventilation and carry more than water. I am thankful I have any understanding Boss that appreciates friendship and knows sometimes life is more important than work. Sorry the truck we picked up in had no AC. Eric texted me today and said his AC is working fine now. We have no idea why it did not work then.

Stovebolt - Thank you for the kind words. I really do appreciate it.

Kiwi Kev - Now that is very funny.

14. Hey Bob, glad to hear you're OK. I haven't been on since yesterday but Tman told me what happened. You need to get some A/C in that truck of yours if you're gonna drive in the heat like that.

Take it easy man. :rolleyes:

15. jwcaddy

jwcaddy
    from golden,co.

Hey Bob, I am glad your doing better and it was great to meet you. Maybe you should have bought that old lunch pale and thermus and then you would have had some cold water in that thermus. I dig your shwin and hope to come out there for the santa maria show. Stay upright Bob and take care. Jason

16. Scary. If not A/C, at least one of those old swamp coolers.

17. Wow, that's some scary shit. Dude, you cheated death, especially considering you were on the freeway when the heat stroke finally took you out. Glad to see you're OK. You're a fixture here on the HAMB, and this place wouldn't be the same without you.

This thread can be a lesson to all of us. We all think we're tougher than we really are, but when your body runs out of coolant, you're in trouble.

Eventually, we'll meet up, and I'll ask some detailed questions about your experience. Just curious if you saw Indian shamans, Jim Morrison, and carried on long conversations about quantum physics with a long-lost pet.

18. Paul B

Paul B

Bob glad your okay, Were always making fun of the safety guy at work when he comes out with his heat warnings. you opened my eyes. keep up the great coverage

19. sambo

sambo

Us Swedes are'nt meant to spend that much time out in the desert,either,and salt is for the meat!Glad you're OK,Bad Bob,

20. I would have prefered Marilyn Monroe,Jane Mandfield and Betty Page,haha I did see my mom who passed in 2002...weird!
    BTW-I was the Safety Guy who gave all the Safety meetings on the job sites,when I was in the field. I just thought,"we're almost there...a few more miles and _________." Puts life in perspective.

21. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

==================
    I wonder how many people have died thinking the same thing.
    How many people have thought to themselves..."man, that pain in my chest is real bad...I've never had this pain before.....ah,...it'll go away. I don't want to bother anyone by calling 911...I'll be O.......o.......k....."

22. Attached Files:

23. &^(*&^_(*

Attached Files:

24. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  25. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Great Picts Bob!

26. The RollingBones were present! Those guys have all the cool Toys!!! Love their race cars....

Attached Files:

27. The37Kid

The37Kid

JustplainJ, I like your photos, the angles you shoot things from give them a signature of their own. Bob

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  28. 067chevy

067chevy

Great pictures. Glad to hear your ok. Those heat strokes are bad, I had one a few years ago and took a long time to fully recover.

29. Hey Jim....set the dwell and the timing...Runs like a Rolex! The dwell was at 22! As soon as I set it to about 32-33 it pepped right up. Next time i'm bringing my light AND dwell meeter,haha. Oh....and more water!

30. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014