Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Bad Banana Resurrection - 55 Chevy Gasser

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Banana, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

L
    Looking Good, I'm getting excited about all of the new cars coming to run with us this year. And people said a period correct gasser class would never work.

loudbang and Bad Banana like this.
  2. loudbang

loudbang

Found this on the junior stock thread today. Any connection?

[​IMG]

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

Nope. I have addressed this a few times earlier in the thread. It appears there were a couple of cars with the same name in different parts of the country at the same time that didn't know about each other.

4. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

Just finished up the rear bumper. Pics of the one from the 60s and the one I just did. Used an old driveshaft and some other scraps to build the new one. Last two pics are out of order. Not sure how to fix it but you get the idea. EDIT: Ha.. I fixed it. :D

BB rear trailer.jpg BB rig rear.jpg BB.rear side.jpg bumper parts.jpg New bump.jpg done bump.jpg

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
    brut4s, Dog_Patch, mad mikey and 6 others like this.
  5. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

FYI.. some folks have asked about the old pictures that have disappeared from this thread. The website I used to host the pics from wanted to charge me a lot of money to keep them up. I am in the process of loading all of them on the HAMB directly. It is a long and tedious process but I promise I will try to stay with it until it is done. Some of the pics I don't have anymore as they were on the host site. I sent them an email and I hope I can get a copy of them. We'll see. Posting the pics directly on here, they are so much more crisp and clear than before. Hope to get them all back up in the next couple weeks.

loudbang, mad mikey and Quain Stott like this.
  6. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

Second dyno session. After we ran it in January, we found a few issues that needed addressed. This was from Good Friday (3-25-16). Bumped it up another notch or two. Just need to put it back in the car and we are ready to take on the 2016 season!

7. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

You were just talkin to the wrong people ...that's all ... :)

kidcampbell71 and Quain Stott like this.
  8. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

1459359257071.jpg 1459359296745.jpg Breaking in the header paint and a few minor adjustments. Hope to make a few passes at the local track if the weather cooperates before making the trip to Greer on April 30.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    tomkelly88, brut4s, mad mikey and 6 others like this.
  9. pumpman

pumpman

Damn, that engine sounds strong as hell. How high did you rev her?

10. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

11. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

Interior shots for SEG approval ;)

1459378054222.jpg 1459378068574.jpg

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    brut4s, mad mikey, Dog_Patch and 4 others like this.
  12. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Rusty if you will paint the top of the shifter and the red button on top black so it won't be so noticeable I'll approve the shifter for now.
    I think I'm going to make your car the poster child for the Southeast Gassers. I think your going to have the most era correct car in the group and it's real not a remake. Thanks so much for the effort you have put into it and for making my job a little easier.

13. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

We are ready to head south and see how we match up with the C/G SEG cars this weekend. If anyone from the HAMB is going be sure to stop by and say hi.

1461853822841.jpg 1461853845839.jpg 1461853862067.jpg 1461853877936.jpg 1461853891780.jpg 1461853902690.jpg

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    brut4s, mad mikey, AHotRod and 7 others like this.
  14. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I am planning on being there with a booth set up selling old car magazines if you get a chance stop by and see my son and I

Dog_Patch likes this.
  15. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Ray C's son likes this.
  16. qzjrd5

qzjrd5
    from Troy, MI

Really awesome machine! Good luck!

17. Thumpr455

Thumpr455

Bad Banana launching at Greer.PNG Hey Rusty, it was great to meet you and your wife at Greer last weekend at the Southeast Gassers season opener. We spoke for a while before the race- I'm the guy originally from Central Pennsylvania who was taking lots of pictures. I have an action shot of Bad Banana launching hard that I'm attaching.

I look forward to seeing you race some more down South here.

Last edited: May 4, 2016
    brut4s, mad mikey, loudbang and 7 others like this.
  18. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

Thanks for stopping by and also for the picture. I had about 4 to 5 minor issues that hurt our performance at Greer. I am already addressing them and hope to be ready to go back down there soon. Hope to do more testing in the next few weeks and if that goes as planned we will head back down south to try it again.

mad mikey and loudbang like this.
  19. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

We hope to see you with the Southeast Gassers in Knoxville May 28th Rusty. We sure enjoyed you in Greer.

mad mikey, loudbang and Bad Banana like this.
  20. Nice meeting you Saturday Rusty - the Bad Banana was cool to see in person! It was kicking ass on the track too!

21. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

Found some video. This was from the round I got beat.

Dog_Patch, enloe and kidcampbell71 like this.
  22. That thing looks like its set up right! Nice launch. That was Jimmy Huff - :D - 9K Ford FE motors. He told me his rear gear is like 5.63 because he want it to wind out.

Bad Banana and loudbang like this.
  23. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Rusty that thing leaves pretty, you've got it right.

24. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

The chassis I'm happy with. Just need to make it quicker. I am making some changes today that should help. Hope to test tomorrow if the weather cooperates

kidcampbell71 and loudbang like this.
  25. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Dog_Patch and kidcampbell71 like this.
  26. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

We will try to do it again this weekend at Montgomery. I am hoping I have the engine working as good as the chassis. ;)

We do seem to have everyone's attention in the background of that pic huh? :D

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  27. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

28. jeepster

jeepster
    from wisconsin

I've seen the Bad Banana @ the MeltDown Drags, Will you be there this year?

29. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

No... unfortunately that weekend seems to be the most popular weekend of the summer for running these style cars. I have my choice of about 4-5 different events that same weekend. I havent decided which one I will be going to but it won't be Byron as I have not pre-entered because I knew of a bunch of stuff closer to home that conflicted that weekend. I may watch the weather and pick the one that has the best forcast for the whole weekend. There is a possibility of running one on Saturday and leaving and driving to another one a short distance away to run on Sunday. I might even do that.

I wish everyone wouldn't schedule all this cool stuff on the same weekend. :(