Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Back to the 50's Show day 1--and day 2

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by povertyflats, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Stone

Stone

Great pics. thanks for sharing. I love the baremetal late 30s Pontiac. Does anyone have any info on it?

2. Bull

Bull

This is my wife and I cruising around in my roadster Saturday night. :)
    [​IMG]

3. Was that his car?

4. the car had saskatchewan plates

5. freebird101

freebird101

6. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

It was a fun weekend to be sure. We ate well, enjoyed some adult beverages and enjoyed some fine machinery with like minded people. Just a few observations...

The aluminum roadster was so well crafted that pictures can't do it justice.

The '55 with 2 front ends was crazy, the owner said he trailered it to the show because he was afraid cars behind him would freak out and think someone was driving towards them on the wrong side of the road.

There seemed to be more traditional styled rods and considerably less billet (maybe that's because I was more interested in traditional stuff!)

I passed by Duane from American Hot Rod on machinery hill. He is a little guy which explains the symptoms of short man syndrome he exhibited on the show.

7. Was hoping to see that one... never found it. :(

Was your dad or someone driving your old truck Saturday late in the afternoon... at least I think it was yours. :confused:

That place is enormous... my dogs are still barking.

Ditto on the aluminum roadster... it's stunning.

The builders name is Jason MacPherson
    www.completewheelshop.com

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  8. titus

titus

Yep, i usually let the old man drive my truck around for the show, it dont do much good sitting in the driveway, i had my 32 roadster there all weekend.

Attached Files:

9. great pitures paul!! and all who posted pictures ...thanks

10. Aftrshck

Aftrshck
    from Duluth, MN

Fill your tub with water and toss in some ice....soak the dogs for about 20 minutes right before bed time....when you wake up, it will feel like you have new feet....its amazing!!!

That tip was given to me in Vegas after 2 days of walking non-stop...

11. bob your willys is bad ass-very nice!

12. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

not my Willys!!! A very talented craftsman named Stuart from just South of Madison has been dreaming of building this car and spent quite a bit of time discussing it with me. We were happy to stubble upon he and his car during registration and again at the show.

He put a 440 in it for power. His preferred engine. Not my suggestion.

here is a link to mine: http://topnotchvehicles.com/v-web/gallery/album37?page=1

13. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

so which one is a clone?

14. The guy with the Bobwop Willys clone shared his shade with me and my daughter on Friday. Nice guy. His car was very nice and a worthy tribute to Bob's car.

15. The roadster looked awesome Bull.

16. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

So Bob's car is the real thing then?

17. LabRat

LabRat

Crikey ! what an enormous show .... Thanks for the coverage Pov , and Kudos to all who added their pic's ...

18. Are you Falconman's friend? Glad you had fun.

19. bobw

bobw

[​IMG]
    Here's a Gasser Starter Kit that was at the show.

20. Yeah, now someone is peddling it for $23500 on Craigslist:

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/cto/1802383789.html

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  21. bobw

bobw

[​IMG]
    There's a modern driveline under this unmolested panel truck

22. bobw

bobw

[​IMG]
    An interesting Dodge truck.

23. It was nice to finally meet you Poverty Flats! I enjoyed talking to you, Carla, and Bobwop. I never did find the meet and greet below the M on the map but oh well. We had a good time and lit the flame on a Model a truck project I think.

24. bobw

bobw

[​IMG]
    Running, driving "raw material".

Povertyflats, I hope you don't mind that I added a few cars.

25. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Thanks I liked meeting you and your two boys. They seemed real interested in the cars which was cool.

26. LabRat

LabRat

No man , just jealous .... I'm half a world away ....

27. Scotty500

Scotty500
    from MPLS

28. that was probably Stacie,she's friends with Titus and Stitchbitch's close friend
    shes pretty cool and easy on the eyes! she's also on the HAMB.... FYI

29. Stacie is Titus' wife Jen's (Stitchbitch)best friend...shes did all the work on that car herself,she bought it with her EX-boyfriend,they broke up he wanted the car she said HELL NO!!he let her have it,she's been workin' on it all winter over at "Titusville"got it driving right under the wire...

30. Digging all the great pics!

Surprised to see that they didn't have the "Sky Chairs" running..., now that would've been a cool way to see the show.

But really, I don't know whether to cry (which I thinked I did), or get amped up about penciling it in for the ol' family vacation NEXT year...

Thanks to a "possible" softball tournament bid (in Morro Bay, Ca) for my daughter's softball team (which I also happen to help coach), I missed the car show by TWO days!

Yep, I was in Eagan (for two weeks) visiting my parents and attending some family high school graduations and parties, but we had to leave on the 17th, because... although we had originally planned to stay thru the 20th, our softball all-stars had a "real good" chance of getting into the Morro Bay, Ca. tournament...

So, two weeks after adjusting plans AND purchasing airline tix in mid-May(and you know there's NO "adjusting" those plane tix nowadays), the league prez notifies us he got the paperwork in too late, but they'll put us on a waiting list?! :confused: :mad:

My only consolation was that for my B-day, the wife surprised me with tickets to a Twins game at the new Target Field, first base line-10 rows up from the field (even snagged a foul ball!). While it wasn't the state fair grounds filled with hot rods... it was a hell of a second.

So save me a parking place boys, 'cause next June the Desoto's venturing east to the land of my birth..., and those Tom Thumb doughnuts, and those state fair footlong hot dogs, and cheese curds, and lakes..., lots of lakes.

P.S. Ended up heading over to Morro Bay to catch some softball (although we didn't play), and even managed to run down to the Pismo Beach Father's Day car show... alot of high dollar stuff there (Barret Jackson even has one of their auctions set up there), but still found some traditonal rods I liked, so it wasn't a totally distraught week-end.