Register now to get rid of these ads!

Back into Hot Rods

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by flat 39, Jul 9, 2009.

1. flat 39

flat 39

I sold my 1936 3 w/ coupe in 1978. I had installed a 350 Chevy, Muncie 4 speed and made my disc brake conversion kit. I never did get it on the road. I was finishing college, starting a family, blah, blah

The Kids are grown and out of the house and I was looking for a project. A college buddy of mine found this 1939 Ford Deluxe coupe that was parked in a garage in Chicago since 1956. I hauled it back to Nebraska and started building a traditional Hot Rod. I got an 8BA flathead that needed some work and a lot of money. Mated it to a S-10 5 speed, & 1958 Ford 9" . Took the body off the frame, removed rust, dropped the front axle, and added disc brakes.

The car runs good and stoppes straight. I still have a small vibration over 65 MPH and the speedometer does not work right.

I enjoy this forum and would like to contribute where I can.

2. 65PANELRAT

65PANELRAT

Beautiful Car! Awesome! Welcome from the Land of Enchantment! New Mexico!

3. welcome back into Hot Rods

4. greasy50chevy

greasy50chevy

welcome from so cal