Register now to get rid of these ads!

Back in Black! rpu build thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dodgerodder, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Streetwerkz

Streetwerkz

Our project has turned into a dust collector for now.
    We have been swamped at werk with normal projects and several large custom jobs right now.

sadly however I havent figured out a way to pay myself to werk on my projects yet.
    If anyone ever figures it out I hope they share the info with me :)

2. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WOW! That looks REALLY good! Look at those pedals shine! You gold chainer! :D;):p

3. alchemy

alchemy

Everything looks great, but other than the front of the firewall it's all black. Paint the underside of your cowl top the same white so you can see what you are doing when you need to work under the dash.

4. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

JJ, thanks man, I appreciate it. Yeah, satin black gets plenty of hate mail, but I like it on my car. It's the new flat black:D

You must be as tired as I am of this thing by now ha! Thank you very much. Appreciate the nice words

Bob I do it all the time. The board moves so fast it is easy to miss things! Now you need to get your project posted- we want to see this!

The underdash pedal solved a lot of problems for me. I didn't want to mount it thru the floor, I think it looks cleaner with the pedals hanging. If you need any detailed pics let me know Bob

Thanks man! I am inspired on here daily. So many great builds to get ideas from, really makes it nice to get ideas

Yeah Pete, I'm STILL not driving it. Getting closer though:eek:

Thank you Mat. Sometimes I wish I didn't let little things consume me though

Thanks RR

Man I wish! I keep motivated by watching this when I first fired up the engine. I like to listen to it loud:D

Zack, thank you man! It's getting there

Thanks a ton man, truly means a lot

Man, you have the same troubles I do! I keep telling myself if it wasn't for the work I wouldn't be able to have it. Sometimes it still doesn't help:p

I am a chainer Scott. I still don't compare to this guy though:
    [​IMG]

Hmmm, that is a great idea! You would never see the underside once the dash is on, & it really would brighten it up & make it easier to see. I may give that some thought, good thinking!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  5. llonning

llonning

Good to hear that engine running!! Now, get it finished!!!!

6. 57tailgater

57tailgater
    from Georgia

Awesome thread!! :) Is that a coil wire pass thru I see on the firewall? Any chance to see how you moounted on the inside - I don't see any fasteners on the outside. Keep it up!! :cool:

7. 65 impala

65 impala

where were you when i needed the pep talk

8. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

Turkey run ????????????????????????????????????????????????????

9. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

Thanks man! Good eye, but actually that is where my throttle cable will pass thru the firewall. I have a temporary piece of wire going thru there to hold the gas pedal in position.

Well Gregg, shocking, but nope:eek:. I will be there, yes. But my rpu, AGAIN, no. Close though, my friend. Updates in a second, read up.

10. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

Well me & pop's have made some GREAT progress! We got the bed (all 18 pieces)completely painted & assembled. Polished 100 more stainless bolts to get the thing together.

Then we hit a huge milestone. We got the body & bed on the frame for the final time! I am SO excited! I am really thrilled with the way it is all coming together.

We got it pushed outside for some pics. I can't tell you how this feels. Next week I take it to the upholstery shop for the top, seat cushions, & carpet mats. I found a color for the top & seat cushions that is a perfect match for the firewall, a nice looking cream color. The carpet floor mats will be black german square weave.

I am on top of the world. Here's a pic of every view that exists of my car:eek:

Sorry to bore you a bit, but here's some pics as it sits:

BEFORE:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

AFTER:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  11. Skirv

Skirv

Beautiful Dan!!!! I'll see you guys in a couple of weeks.

12. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Man I've been waiting to see these pics forever!! I bet your stoked to be nearing the end..Congrats dude.. can't wait to see the driving footage now!

13. Wow! That looks great Dan!

14. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

Thanks Bill! We are really excited for the Turkey Run. Can't wait to see you & your family

You & me both Piero! I am so excited I can't even explain, kind of surreal! I am stoked for my first drive man

15. eye bone

eye bone

16. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

That suca looks sweet out in the day light Dan.

The finish line is only days away ...

Tell Pops I said hello.

Paul

17. Cshabang

Cshabang

DUDE.....................wow

18. hasty

hasty

I have just been through the whole build thread - really brilliant work and fun to read too. And a great eye. Congratulations on a beautiful (and beautifully made) car.

19. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

Just read through the entire thread, Beautiful RPU!
    What are your plans for the grille shell?

20. Wow Dan super cool! So close you must be able to taste it. Can't wait to see you drive it for the first time!

21. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

Thank you all, I really do appreciate the kind words! Paul, I will tell my pop's hello, thanks man

Thanks a ton. The grille is a brookville 32'. I tried a couple of model a grilles in the mock up stage, but ended up with the 32'. Just ended up working a little better on this for me

22. striper

striper

23. Freakin awesome Dan!

24. hemifarris

hemifarris

Wow, it just keeps getting better and better and better!

25. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Hubba hubba, I can't wait to get a ride in it, great stuff Dan.

26. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

So now that you've got the p/u body almost done...when's it coming off so the sedan body can go back on?????:D

awesome job, Dan...absolutely awesome!!

27. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks for the update! I'll have my firewall welding finished tomorrow. A white friewall is a "Must Have" feature on my '30, how big a pain was it masking the firewall to cowl sides to get both colors inside that cowl lacing flange? Truck looks great, really like the engine & header positions. [​IMG]

28. Cshabang

Cshabang

i just went back through some of your original threads..man has this come car a long way

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  29. chaddilac

chaddilac

Wow Dan... that's just gorgeous.... but you are running a grill shell right?? :D