Register now to get rid of these ads!

Back Home after 500 Miles and $200+ in Gas..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FoMoCoPower, Jul 13, 2008.

1. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

My new-to-me `54 Customline.

This goes to show that not all eBay-bought cars are bad-news!! I was the only bidder on this car,and it has fresh paint,new glass,weather-stripping,new carpet,seat covers,door panels,new wiring harness,a sweet running Y-Block,and MUCH MORE! The elderly man selling it literally was not able to finish it because his arthritis got to be that bad for him. I kinda felt bad taking it home with me,but promised him that it would be completed and pictures would be sent back to him.

It`s just what I wanted,a running/driving car that needs just a lil tlc,and in this case it just needs the hood painted,new tires,bumpers installed,misc trim put back on,and interior put back together.

It has all new brakes,exhaust,resealed motor,etc,etc.

Paid $3k,plus $200+ in gas to get it,about 250 miles each way. We left at 3:30 this morning and got back at around 1pm. I am soooo tired.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wesley

Wesley

looks like a hell of a good start. Not a bad price either.

3. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

please no comments on those hideous hubcaps!!! as soon as I got it on the trailerI ripped off and discarded the fronts...lol

4. Bodacious

Bodacious

:D That was my first thought when I saw it, "Ecch, what was someone thinkin'?!" Glad to hear you unceremoniously ditched them. Nice score man, that's a lot of car with lots of work already done for $3K. You done good. :cool:

5. vicksrods

vicksrods

put some wide whites on that puppy and get to cruisin. nice score !!!:cool:

6. wvenfield

wvenfield

Looks like a super buy. eBay has many good deals if you look hard enough for them.

7. whid

whid

nice ride.congrats.......................dave

8. BadLuck

BadLuck

Congrats...what a cool car.....post pics when you get the new tires on...

9. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

I was just rummaging through everything that it came with and I found a photo album of it. He wasn`t lieing,he did pull it out of a field in Kansas..and it had several large bullet holes in it...but not alot of rust.

10. i would have took those hubcaps off and left them in the guys driveway. nice looking ride and where are the interior pic's?

11. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

i tried leaving them at the gas station,but someone saw me trying to ditch em in the parking lot...lol

12. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

what appeal could those hubcaps possibly have to anybody? sad thing is there was a 54 around here that was being sold at a car dealership, it had those same exact hubcaps. pretty scary

13. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

Hmmm....fresh paintjob <worry>.

14. skidsteer

skidsteer

Nice ride, and a good deal.

15. guiseart

guiseart

looks good... nice score... even if there is body putty, it'll last for awhile, huh?

16. belair

belair

Good for you. Those hubcaps would make a good Christmas present to your favorite HAMBer.

17. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Great buy. Seriously, two doors aren't getting any cheaper, and to score a good running and freshly painted 2 door 50s ride for the price you paid is a steal. Lower it, WWWs and a few other little touches will totally adjust it's attitude. Best of luck with it!

18. Glad to see you and the co pilot made it back with the goods. You will now be obligated to throw a HAMB and Eggs welcoming party for the new addition. I found the pics of the 53 from the 2006 Autorama will email to you.

19. turdytoo

turdytoo

Please turn that rear bumper over. Good score.

20. Was going to email the pics but I cant figure out how to attach to you HAMB email. Let me know if you need larger file size.

Attached Files:

21. fishslayer82

fishslayer82

Did the old man shave the door handles too? Sweet! Palosfv3, I love that car... Ive enjoyed seeing it at the autorama the last few years.

22. Yah, whitewalls will definitely bring your '54 to life. A couple pics I found...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Diamond49

Diamond49

congrats on a nice looking ride. You made a sweet deal.

24. Flatman

Flatman

I was going to ask about that as well. Looks like you got good value for your money:cool:.

Flatman

25. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

The old man nosed,decked,and shaved it,he also put on the dummy spots,and did the tail lights too! All it needs is a nice grill of some sort....and yes,I know the back bumper is upside down,but it`s trashed anyways so gotta find a better one.

I`ll figure out if needs to be lowered AFTER I get a good set of tires on it.

26. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Congrats on the new ride! I've seen that driveway and garage before and I'd like to think I had something to do with you being able to purchase this car ;):D

Malcolm

27. Cataldo

Cataldo

Very nice, I'd run the body over with a thin cloth and strong magnet to check for body putty.

28. 51 Leadsled

51 Leadsled
    from NC

Nice Score, don't forget to send him pictures!!

29. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

I know theres some bondo in it,but not a shit-load,I`m not worried about that. The car will be driven,not babied to death.