Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Back from the Goodwood Revival

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

Back from the Goodwood Revival

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Stu, mctim64 and ROUXGAROUX like this.
  2. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

On my bucket list like Bonneville, a definite for us car aficiandos. One day?

3. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

I will trade you two SpeedWeeks for one GoodWood,
    Lord March is a member of the H&H Motorsports Bonneville Racing Team out of Southern California.
    I was able to meet him, great guy and family.
    And if you see Tony Thacker, tell him to make sure Lord March got his calendar....

mctim64 likes this.
  4. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

This one is definitely on my list!

My grandma was a war bride. She grew up in Arundel, England and met my grandpa when he was stationed in England during WWII. Arundel just happens to be only 20 minutes away from Goodwood. A vacation to visit both at the same time would be awesome.

mctim64, cactus1 and HEMI32 like this.

5. AmishMike

AmishMike

On my bucket list along with isle of Mann bike races. Need to ride around isle

6. Burny

Burny

HEMI32 likes this.
  7. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jolly good. You sure do get around Jay! (Gotta keep up the research I guess)

8. @Jive-Bomber Jay -

Cool stuff! ... Thanks for sharing your Goodwood Revival photos with the H.A.M.B. community!

I'm curious how long it took for the other Settrington Cup competitors to accuse the winner of cheating? ... that Austin J40 pedal car sure appears to be 7/8-scale :rolleyes: :D

IMG_0284.jpg

9. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

On my "bucket list" also. I am envious of you, something I must do before I check out!!!

10. We went in 2012 and it was the most amazing experience I've ever had! There are Spitfires flying overhead while multimillion dollar cars are being flogged around a beautiful track...in the rain! I've never seen anything like it?!

11. UK Slingshot

UK Slingshot

It is an amazing event, It's on my list of places to go and I live over here.

It draws in some amazing and very famous drivers from all forms of motorsport.
    I have friends who've been and yeah, you get looked at as strange if you go in modern clothes.
    They have different themes each year, there are also hundreds of actors wondering about with mini shows.
    Here's there own You Tube page.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/GoodwoodTV

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    HEMI32 likes this.
  12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That has been one on my list for a long time. Wife has seeing the UK on her list so it might happen.

13. GeeRam

GeeRam

Been every year now since 2006, as know all the guys n gals that display their bikes in the Mods n Rockers display, as well as the Hornets 'bobber' crew along with some of the VHRA that display a few hot rods there.
    It is a great event, and must have been a tough one for Lord March and his family with his father passing away only a week before the event.

14. mgermca

mgermca

Yeah, watched the live stream on the big flat screen tv on youtube in the 'shop here both days, they are definitely hardcore!

15. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Very cool Jay!! One day I will venture over there with HJ.

Chris

16. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Made it there in 2011 (might have been 2012.) Could only get tickets for Friday, was disappointed no tickets for Saturday. Friday was sunshine and blue skies. Saturday, never stopped raining. Lucked out. I've been to loads of car events, (been going for 50 years) including nationals in the USA and both in the UK, NSRA and NASC. Goodwood revival is the top of the line! Never enjoyed a car event more. The clothing, cars, atmosphere is the best ever. To watch 10 or 12 REAL Cobras get thrashed in real life is priceless. Get the pass to wander the pits! Amazing day!

17. Thanks for posting, Jay. It's been on my (and my wife's) bucket list.

Has anybody been to *both* Goodwood events (the Revival and Festival of Speed)?
    If you had to choose between the two, which would you rather attend??

18. Garpo

Garpo

Did not make Goodwood, but did the "Classic Silverstone" event mid August. Hundreds of proper race cars with the engine in front, Vintage Bentleys, Sunbeams, and many others getting a real work out on the track. Many Jaguar C D & E types, along with Bristols, Listers, etc.. The pit areas were wide open to all, with hardly a rope in sight.
    I saw an estimate of close to a thousand entrants. Most of the classic car clubs were represented with huge numbers of cars on display (10 000?)
    My son in law and I spent two and a half days just wandering among it all, absorbing the sights and sounds.
    Garpo P1000720.JPG P1000657.JPG P1000657.JPG P1000667.JPG P1000678.JPG P1000724.JPG

Just Gary likes this.