Register now to get rid of these ads!

Back burner projects?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by martell06, Jan 26, 2008.

1. martell06

martell06

Saw a post on Jockey Journal about back burner projects. Wondering what you guys have sitting around waiting for love?

2. triplexkustoms

triplexkustoms

more than i'll ever have time or money to finish.

3. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

37 wane bus .

4. One of many,,,HRP

[​IMG]

5. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

I have a couple tbucket projects(one a new build, one rebuilding my old roadster) to do, the 57 BelAir 2door sedan to finish, and the 29 Model A Tudor.
    A friend has a 28-29 Closed Cab Model A Pickup, a Model T Speedster, a 35 Master Chevrolet Coach, a 37 Chevrolet 2door sedan, and a 36 Oldsmobile 2door sedan.

My how time flies.

6. twofosho

twofosho

26 T roadster, 29 A Sport Coupe, Track T, Feather Duster, daughter's Mustang, sister's Camaro, etc. etc. Other than the Camaro (for all the obvious reasons we all know), no specific order of completion (dependant more on finishing the parts stash for a particular project than any other). Certainly more enough to keep me busy for a long while!

7. SHRUM

SHRUM

40 ford coupe,and 45 ford truck. 40 will be next,unless I decide on a rail for the drags.

8. 54 Austin-Healy 100-4, 2 ea. 65 T-birds (to make one good one), 59 Ford galaxie 2 dr. h.t. and a 48 Plymouth deluxe coupe I'm on the fence about.
    Plus been collecting parts for another modified.

9. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

On the Front Burner:

- Rebuilding flathead and manual trans for 31 roadster
    - Complete Rotiserie restoration of 64 Falcon Convert
    - Minor paint work, complete exhaust, and new front seat covers on 68 Galaxie convert.

On Back Burner:

- Finish 3 year re-model of kitchen. New cabinets are installed. Been putting off for two years the trim work and new backsplash.
    - Complete "Finishing" the basement. This has been an 11 year project. Got the walls studded out, bathroom roughed in, and tile work on bathroom floor. Also, have half the shower installed. Not sure where all the parts are for the glass doors and surround.

As you can see, I have my priorities set right!

10. Brandi

Brandi

It's a never-ending list. But, I'd say they are middle burner.

I've got a '29 Model A Sport Coupe body up on a shelf in the shop. And a '48 Chev mordoor hardtop (yes, hardtop) that I'd like done in the next year or so.

Gotta get those done so I can build my dream roadster.

11. 1931 Pontiac Cabriolet convertible to be rodded
    1930 Pontiac Phaeton-not sure yet
    1930 Pontiac sedan to-be-highly- modified
    1931 Pontiac 2 door sedan to be rodded
    1930 Pontiac coupe to be restored original
    1942 Hudson coupe to be rodded

On the 'front' burner that sees alot of 'back' burner time:
    1942 Hudson sedan convertible being rodded

Also that I am working on from time to time:
    My dad's 1949 Chevy coupe slightly rodded tail dragger
    My uncle's 1941 Pontiac convertible being rodded
    My buddy's 1957 Chevy four door hardtop slightly rodded.

What stays on front burner? Family and work

Oh yea there's also the 1930 Oakland V8 engine to rod and a 1941 Pontiac straight 8 for the heavily modified 30 sedan above.

12. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

I have these sittin on the back burner...Not much time with customer cars..
    1927 Chrysler 3 window coupe
    1959 Pontiac Catalina
    1950 Olds
    Building a 1923 roadster right now... Jason

13. fitzee

fitzee

Thank God I`m not the only fool with more projects then time. On the back burner are the 31 Town car, 49 Hillman and the 52 fleetline, also have a Teardrop camper that has been on hold for 5 or more years. Along with this stuff I keep gathering parts for some other project I have yet to find. Sould change my name to packrat!!

fitzee

14. I have some goodies collected for my APU, but I dont call that one back burner as I dont really even have a plan to start it until my son is older (his truck and he is 1)

True back burner is my Mark Williams fuel altered chassis/car. Just see to keep finding something else to work on first.

Then there are the cosmetics on the 54, it runs and drives but still has the old 70s resto paint.

15. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

i've got a bunch of projects waiting. (2) 65 gto's, 52 chevy wagon, 50 olds wagon, 49 olds coupe, 37 olds sedan and a 39 pontiac sedan. i am working on a deal to get a couple extra lifetimes but i have to sell my soul to the devil. might be worth it.

16. The second of two 55 2dr ht belairs and a 66 Nova

17. moparron426

moparron426

I too have to many projects waiting to get done.

lets see

1) 40 dodge PU (Squattie) for sale truck
    2) 40 dodge PU/willys nose(racetruck)
    3) 42 dodge COE chopped,sectioned car Hauler
    4) 34 dodge roadster PU
    5) 40 dodge COE pickup(for sale truck when done)
    6) 35 dodge COE (radical toy)
    7) 34 dodge humpback panal
    8) 34 plymouth cabriolet
    9) 47 dodge panal truck(on a Dakota chassis)
    10)34 dodge motorhome
    11)33 dodge phaeton delivery
    12)28 dodge clubcab PU
    13)40Dodge clubcab COE

I have all of these bodies:eek:, just need the time and money to get to them,:D:cool: Yes I am a nut......... Ron....

here are pics of some of the cars and ideas
    http://rides.webshots.com/album/73979228KYQVXQ

18. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

too many to think about all at once or my head will explode! they all get roatated from the front to the back burner. that way i never actually "finish" anything. :rolleyes:

19. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

Finish my 41 Plymouth tail dragger and finish helping my buddy with my old 50 chevy coupe project. Then i have my ol ladys 62 Impala waiting for its turn. I may throw together some other quick project between the Impala and Plymouth. I dont want to do two huge builds back to back. Then i want to change and customize a few things on my new truck as well. Nothing major but it will still take time to do. But that wont be till it warms up there is no way of fitting my truck in my garage.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. MOST OF MY PROJECTS HAVEN'T MADE IT TO THE KITCHEN YET. MUCH LESS THE STOVE OR ANY BURNER. I HAVE A '42 CHEVY COUPE THAT I HAVE BEEN BANGING AWAY ON FOR 28 YEARS NOW. I DROPPED IT OFF AT THE MEDIA BLASTER 5 YEARS AGO. I DON'T WANT TO RUSH INTO ANYTHING.......

21. Here are a few that friends have stashed on the "backburner"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. fitzee

fitzee

Remember the stories of the old guy that won`t sell a thing and has all kinds of cool stuff.I hate to say it but we are going to turn into that guy.lol

23. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

I was going to say the same thing.

24. Mullda

Mullda

Glad to see that I'm not the only one with more backburner projects than frontburner projects!

25. 16 Dodge Bros

16 Dodge Bros
    from MO

On the front, the '16 Dodge roadster, and the old rehabed chicken house it's being built in. On the back, 71 Dodge crew cab long bed ( one of 486 built ) 37 Farmall F-12, a really rough 38 McCormick Deering W-30, and a farmhouse thats been in my family since the 1840's

26. Tony

Tony

This is one waiting to be built...there's more, but this is the next one..
    I've only been saying that for a couple year's now..i finally have ALL the part's needed to do it besides...
    seem's every time i'm ready to start, something else happen's that set's me back...dammit!

[​IMG]

27. irondoctor

irondoctor
    from Newton, KS

Here is a list of the back burners I currently have, in no particular order.
    1950 Ford 2dr sedan (my daily driver that i plan to restore)
    1950 Ford coupe
    55 Ford P/U
    34 Ford P/U
    27 Ford roadster
    54 Chevy 2dr sedan
    49 Lincoln cosmo
    61 VW P/U
    49 Harley-Davidson

My two main projects are
    32 Ford coupe
    a basket case shovel head (will be done in time for spring)

Two weekends ago I cut the back burner list in half. Thinking about taking another whack at it. I get stressed when I have so many projects.

28. Dirty T a friend just bought a 40 Dodge body looks like yours he has a long 2 piece hood like a 41 do you have any pictures of the front end?

29. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

had one of these guys pass away in my town. wouldnt sell a damn thing. then when he passed the place got put up for auction. the guy that bought the property didnt want to have anything to do with the car stuff and sold it all for under $300. a lot of the crappy stuff got brought over to our shop and we just got rid of one of the those big metal scrappers trucks full of old shit. all of it woasnt even worth saving. the guy had about 30 perfect grills and a couple of complete cars that were supposed to be part of the deal but all of that got stolen before any knew what happened.

30. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

i've had my coupe for 8 years my dad has a 63 chevy ii, 68 nova, 57 wagon,60 chevy delivery, and a 36 chevy 5 window

Attached Files: